The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarfLondonSpur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

iirc, this takes away my pain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but...but...but... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc, this takes away my pain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2:18 easily makes up for that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah not really.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

oh yes I'm the one who needs to grow up. It's not me who has spent the better part of the morning bickering like a f**king bitch with the king f**king troll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hail to the king baby

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-12947/Gfx/AoD/armydk93.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

He's a very good player on form, his ability to go forward is good, but he doesn't do it very often, maybe that depends on the balance of your side to an extent but keeping him next to someone like Hargreaves as has been suggested doesn't sound like a good idea really, Scholes on the otherhand could compliment him very very very well.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I misunderstanding you? You say that Carrick's good going forward, but doesn't do it very often. Then you seem to suggest that he might do it more if he's paired with Scholes as opposed to a more out and out DM like Hargreaves. Surely it'd be the other way round, with a DM freeing him up to attack more?

the new thread tittle gives far to much credit to Momo tbf. its like putting Henry > Drogba </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

goon with the nail on the head there. O'Shea > Sissoko far fairer imo.

If VDS retires at the end of this season then it makes much more sense I agree. However I can see VDS going for at least one more after this season. It's not like he is looking old.

In essence we have paid them money (whatever you value the players at) to loan a backup for a season. I am sure we will be paying his wages too.

Now surely there was another keeper we could have loaned as backup for a season who wouldn't have cost us two players?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cantonarv:

Yes f**ked becuase Bayern aren't allow to buy players right :p Seriously if a player wants out get rid of them and get someone else in. They knew Ballack was out in Jan so must have targets in mind. Money they can get from Owen can be ploughed back in for more players easily.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's difficult getting top tier players to come to the Bundesliga these days. Which is why Bayern was willing to eat the transfer fee to keep Ballack for another year. Getting rid of players just because they may want to play elsewhere is simply bad business.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Why wouldn't Hargs qualify? Bayern didn't have to go through the qualifying stages did they? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Home' as in developed by the club or summit, if I recall FM right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Woah, the money is for stripeylad not Keef.

Anyway lads, awesome result today so stay ontopic icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gave you 30 english pounds at the Copenhagen game. That was for Keith's ticket as at the time I wasn't going to the Liverpool game.

I ended up going & Keith didn't. So I owe Keith 60 but have given you 30 already (stay with me folks). So on Saturday at Portsmouth I will pay the other 30 quid & I am straight with everyone then.

The cheque for stripeylad is downstairs now waiting to be posted. I spologise for being an arse & totallly forgetting about it. I hate owing people money & usually pay right away icon_frown.gif

But yeah I am off out now to get drunk, have fun you crazy kids.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Is that an attempt to scare me? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif didn't think of it like that. The guy from Brixton claims he's a gangster back home but he's really not...he got chucked out of 42nd Street the other week for throwin up on the dance floor after 4 pints! But yeah just watch your back icon_mad.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Any of you guys watching England U16's? Great cross by your guy Northwood (sp?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Norwood, Oliver. He iqg icon_cool.gif

Right, im currently 15 but when I turn 16 I will have to move my season ticket away from the family stand (lower stretford end).

However, my birthday is in June (after the football season), so my point is - is this my last season in the family stand or will I be in there next season too? Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I’ve got some very very very good news chaps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Social services aren't taking mini07? off you for underage drinking?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

not quite as much as Scatter though. over optimism iffffffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we're going to win the league ffs.

BELIEVE icon_mad.gif

p.s. we'll get something from this game, but if we don't it won't change the fact that we're going to win the league. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

The whole 4-5-1 thing is baffling, has it ever worked? Ever? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rarely, what tends to happen is that we look totally devoid of scoring for 60mins, then the other team realises that, goes forward and nicks a late 1-0 winner, or it peters out into a 0-0, fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When we first switched to using it consistently two seasons ago, we went 19 games unbeaten in the league, winning 15 of those.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It's not quite the time to completely rule out Liverpool and mass mock them though, not for me anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pfffffffft. like hell it isn't.

it's on ffs. they're at billions. absolute billions. icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

actually forgot about this pathetic charity game, at least it means we get to give smith a proper run out. wise to invent injuries for vida and rio as we cant afford to lose either. be happy with the following.

TK

oshea

gabby

brown

nev

richardson

carrick

scholes

park

smith

ding dong

no doubt it will end up being much stronger tho. twats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

ah missed them when browsing. Some icon14.gif's, more icon13.gif's </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye.

I'd say what they've done for Kids and OAPs is absolutely brilliant. But what they've done to almost everybody else to pay for it is pretty damned bad.

Archived