The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It was made up by a fella on RI

I wanted Rich to top himself icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mika icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

Not a case of can, he is a winger...and an awesome one at that. Was only converted to a left-back a couple of seasons back afterall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hadn't realised that. Why was he moved back?

Seems a bit moot anyway. reports are saying he wants to go to Milan, and if that doesn't work out Chelsea want him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Juve had Nedved and Camoranesi (who was having, or was living off the glory of) his breakout season, whilst the fullback positions were looking a bit ropey...so he was moved back, and turned out to be similarily awesome there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying he's very versatile, which would mean...

He'd probably be GREAT in central midfield \o/

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

but carrick is 150% the player ruud is? this is an upgrade? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aw man...and it was so shiny :*(

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Van Lampard:

Silvestre is pants! I think ive seen him send more stray passes than my sister! I cant wait the Sevilla match tommorow but have to watch it on MU.com since i could'nt get a ticket icon_frown.gif Do you guys think i could get one at the stadium? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

funny you should say that, your sister made a pass at me the other day and it was fine.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Yes Silvestres mistake cost us a goal and Brown is a way better player but against Watford Brown caused us more problems. Only some stupid piece of luck saved us from ceonceeding from one of the free kicks Brown gave away near the edge of the box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention the handball against Charlton, if it had been Silvestre we'd never have heard the end of it.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Yeah, out of interest, why do none of your players attack CRonaldo's frankly terrifying corners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we think corners are a method of giving the ball back to the opposition? I don't know tbh

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Probably doesn't know where he is tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fergie or saha

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Can we have an age limit of 21 or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we need a maximum age limit too. all you old feckers tottering around the thread spreading your malicious richardson >>>> giggs malarky is likely to have a profound and unbalancing affect on the young uns that do get past the entrance exam... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the same path, if we're discussing games that happened WHEN I WASN'T EVEN ALIVE

can we get back to talking about the squad/cosmetics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do Maybelline do wonky nose concealer?

And exactly how bloody young are you?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And I'll do my MOTM's after Football First. Wonder if we might get on the game of the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the pessimistic twonk said.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

first time we conceeded 2 all season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first time in the league then? god damn silvestre and his atrocious face.

i hope he never dons the shirt again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

teehee icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look mate i didnt even think of you as this ****ing brain dead but you are laughing at us for drawing on the back of losing 1-0 to Sheff Utd who had their midfielder in goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go taz \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fergie praise for strike pair

Sir Alex Ferguson praised veteran Scandinavian duo Henrik Larsson and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for taking Manchester United into the fourth round of the FA Cup.

Larsson marked his debut for the club by scoring the opening goal in Sunday's 2-1 success over Aston Villa at Old Trafford.

After Milan Baros equalised, substitute Solskjaer scored an injury-time winner after Gabor Kiraly let the Norwegian's shot slip through his grasp.

Ferguson was keen to assess Larsson's fitness on his bow and was delighted with the response from the Swedish loan signing.

"We had to find out about his fitness and sharpness," Ferguson told Sky Sports News. "He has been looking terrific in training, so I had no fears about that.

"I did want to find about him, and I have found out about him, so I'm very, very pleased.

"He's so quick and bright round about the last third of the field and he could have scored three or four goals.

"The goal he scored was a typical Henrik Larsson goal - no drawback and just guided into the goal."

Solskjaer has now scored nine goals this season and Ferguson admits the stalwart's tally was more than anyone had expected.

Ferguson added: "He's amazing. I didn't see that goal because somebody blocked my view, but I believe it went under the goalkeeper's body, so it may be a bit fortunate.

"When he gets in these positions, you do expect him to hit the target and he has a tremendous rate of shots going on target.

"Nine goals is phenomenal. I don't think anyone at our club would have expected Ole to score so many goals at this time of the year." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

tbh as Man Utd fans of our generation nick we have been spoilt silly by both trophies and entertaining football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bad thing ? icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just put the reserve game on 2 mins ago.

Smith, The Dong, Fletch, Silvestre and Wesley all playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So much for the theory that Fletch was injured.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Erm they were drinking fosters pre-game & they had been to Iceland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, mart insists he took their ones home though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mart is in RI again I see whinging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

time to give him his own page i reckon. would help if would make sense though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what made me laugh was that they starred out the second part of his e-mail & then signed his letter off 'Martin Sheehan' icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reds announce tour dates

United have announced the match dates for their Asia Tour 2007.

The Reds will travel to Tokyo to face Urawa Red Diamonds on 17 July at Saitama Stadium, before heading to Korea to take on FC Seoul three days later at the Seoul World Cup Stadium.

Next stop is Macau Stadium in China where Shenzhen FC will be the opposition on 23 July. The Reds final destination will be Kuala Lumpur on 27 July to take on a Malaysian XI at the Bukit Jalil Stadium.

Reds' Chief Executive David Gill says the Reds are relishing the upcoming pre-season trip to the Far East.

"The Club has a large and very loyal fanbase in the region and the players always enjoy their trips to see them and play in front of their passionate support. Everyone is looking forward to it."

Details of kick-off times and ticket sales will be announced in due course.

The Reds last tour of Asia was in 2005 during which they visited Hong Kong, Beijing and Tokyo. Travel details for fans who wish to follow the tour will follow in due course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mon winning the lotto so i can go

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">RIO FERDINAND

33 starts, 1 goal

The odd wobble and at times needed the comforting presence of Vidic alongside him. Sometimes it is too easy for Rio but his absence was a key factor in United's Champions League exit.

SEASON RATING: 7 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do people even watch United before they comment? I think you will find Rio provides the comforting presence for the rest of our defence.

And i have no doubt the odd wobble he refers to is probably the Pompey OG.

Not to mention he was our best defender for me. If Vida gets a 9 then Rio should also have a 9.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an absolute **** of an arguementative day with 'Club Wembley' and then the F.A.

Eventually getting past three people who talked absolute sh*te as to where our tickets were, then through to Barwick's office, then left messages and all that.

Threatened to get a refund on the 10 year seats and go to the press with how sh*te Wembley is to it's customers and well....what do you know. The tickets that couldn't be printed, were stuck up north and that had gone missing, were courierd over at 4pm today.

Absolute shower of sh*te.

• 3 weeks later...

i was f**king devastated when beckham left - nearly in tears. i personally thought he handled himself really well (apart from bootgate) and always got the impression he was crushed to be leaving, especially at the lap of honour after winning the title.

i think a large part of it was he was the first 'fergie's fledgeling' to leave, and it just felt really strange as i still had old posters on my wall from when the likes of him, scholes and the nevilles were breaking through. i guess it kind of symbolised growing up, with the players of my youth moving on.

honourable mentions to keane, yorke, stam and cantona too.

i will be most crushed when fergie and giggs leave - those two will be really strange.

Archived