The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I say ref, this is foul but i dont say red card"

Cristiano Ronaldo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that what he really said afterwards? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

the club issued a stern statement stating there is "no possibility" of Cristiano Ronaldo leaving the club.

:**********) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hurray for selective quoting!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

We'll have all our new superstars in by then, so the opportunity will have been missed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

“ But with Ole, Scholesey and Gabby coming back, it will be like three new signings.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Hey Ronnie, Man Utd want you BUT Barca have said they want you as well, now, rainy Manchester OR sunny Barcelona? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irrelevant, we were too incompetent to even make him decide, regardless of how easy a decision you think it to be.

But then I'm not sure that incompetence was entirely accidental, so hey ho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We played the same role as Newcastle in the Rooney transfer on that one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It has rained at every single United match I have ever been to icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's rained at about 3/4 of mine icon_smile.gif

Does live up to its reputation somewhat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

The most disliked person who has ever wrote on this thread is back icon_smile.gif I cba going on about Glazer's all over again but here are some of the answers to the previous questions.

- Dad dislikes Glazers but isn't a protester or anything like that.

- I went to final in '99 (I were 7)

- I hardly own any United shirts and don't do all that other crap like buy a coke and take photos. (I thought that comment were pretty funny)

Im not on for long so if you are planning on slagging me off, do it quick! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not saying you are a liar but if every red who told me they were there in '99 had actually been there I imagine there would have been about 300,000 inside the stadium.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Or.....

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

VDS

Gary Nev Rio Silvestre Evra

O'Shea Richardson

Fletcher Carrick Ronaldo

Rooney</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post of the month icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Assists and at-fault-for's up for debate ofc. Suggestions for further stats welcome.

Goals for Ronaldo, Evra and O'Shea, assists for Rooney and Evra, clean sheet, yellow card for Paddy, plus all the other gubbins that only I find interesting.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's Fletcher's assist for Ronaldo's goal? icon_mad.gif

And on a more serious note, Heinze should have an at fault for Carvalho's goal on sunday imo. If the guy you're marking at a corner gets a clean virtually unchallenged header, does that not count?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

My last two appliations have done the usual trick of having no evidence of me applying so I have wiped my hands of the ticket office now.

I am sorted for Wigan, Reading & I think Villa at home already with the minimum of fuss icon14.gif

Need a Vila cup ticket though. Not too bothered if I don't get one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stripeylad?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

haha, awesome goal.

Roonet, to Larsson, to Rooney, brilliant ball to Larsson and a great finish from the swede icon14.gif

3-0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roonet icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roonet > Rooney tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i've got:

louis saha

alan smith

mark hughes

andy cole

dwight yorke

dion dublin

henning berg

teddy sheringham

keith gillespie

pretty sure they all have. one more icon_frown.gif

kankan has been suggested, i can't recall him scoring against us though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If those are all correct, Ince completes the set.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Magistrates ban Man Utd

A Bulgarian football fan is celebrating a partial victory in his legal battle to change his name to Manchester United.

Marin Levidzhev, from Veliko Tarnovo, is now legally allowed to call himself Manchester Levidzhev after a two year court case.

But local magistrates said his ardent support of the club was not enough reason to change his surname to United.

Mr Levidzhev said he would take the case to a higher court.

"I feel as if I am only at the half-time break. I won't feel right until I get all my name changed to Manchester United," he said.

"I love the club. It's my whole life and I want my name to reflect that."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Admit it Mart, it was you wasn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Michael Shields, are you listening,

Better keep your arsehole glistening,

You'll be back in jail, without any bail,

Walking with a penis up your arse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obessed and all that, but a funny song. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sat 14 Watford(Villa Park) FA CUP SF

Tue 17 Sheffield United (H)

Sat 21 Middlesbrough (H)

Tue 24 Milan(H) ECSF1

Sat 28 Everton (A)

Wed 2 Milan(A) ECSF2

Sat 5 Manchester City (A)

Wed 9 Chelsea (A)

Sun 13 West Ham United (H)

Our revised fixture list

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Jules iirc Nick has a ticket for the gamr if you can sort out flights etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah i cba mate tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6627587.stm

A hoaxer targeted Manchester United stars with suspicious packages twice in two days, police have revealed.

They were called to United's Carrington training ground on Wednesday over staff concerns about a delivery of parcels.

The complex, in Trafford, was at the centre of a security scare the day before over a similar package containing an "unidentified substance".

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said they believed the same person was responsible for both incidents.

Tests carried out on the packages established the substance was not harmful.

The package received on Tuesday was addressed to Sir Alex Ferguson, while those received on Wednesday are believed to have been sent to Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.

A GMP spokeswoman said: "Further suspicious packages were discovered on Wednesday 2 May at the Manchester United training ground at Carrington.

"This followed a call on Tuesday 1 May following reports that an unidentified substance had been discovered in an envelope delivered to the address.

"At this stage it would appear that all of the packages have been sent by the same person.

"Officers are continuing to investigate the origins of these packages. No-one has been injured during these incidents."

The complex in Trafford, Greater Manchester, was immediately sealed off as officers investigated on Wednesday.

Staff at the training ground have been told to be vigilant following the security scares.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 5 weeks later...

Oh, and Gordon Strachan. Luckily, leeds were off our radar at that point, so who he went to didn't add to the pain of him leaving.

Honourable mentions for Sparky going to Barca, Wilkins to Milan (why break up what was the england midfield ffs?), and McGrath and Whiteside going to the pub.

Archived