The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

I assumed it was a level of rivalry, so the higher the number the more the dislike. I'd say the top 5 don't look too bad. While Chelsea and Arsenal are nowhere in the same ball park in historical terms, the fact that they are rivals for the same trophies we are, and that there is recent bad blood, means i don't think that's too unrealistic. It's temporary animosity rather than permanent and historical like with the top 3, but it's still valid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Matt doesn't want us to sign anyone, anything that makes him a gaylord is bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Course I want us to sign players, I just reckon that most are going to be players that we've either not considered, or never heard of icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh the we've never heard off signings (Solskjaer and Johnsen possibly VdG) were utterly fb.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United are edging closer to signing West Brom goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

The Poland international has emerged as a summer target of United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and a deal is in the pipeline.

Reports earlier this month claimed United would offer £2 million for the shot-stopper after Baggies boss Bryan Robson confirmed the interest from his former club.

Robson also admitted he would only consider selling the 24-year-old if The Red Devils lodged an acceptable bid.

It appears United have met West Brom's valuation after Ferguson revealed the club are 'in the process' of bringing Kuszczak to Old Trafford.

Ferguson has moved for the Polish number two to provide back-up to the veteran Dutch keeper Edwin van der Sar.

"We are in the process of tying up a deal with Kuszczak from West Brom," said Ferguson.

"He has Premier League experience and he will be the number two to Edwin van der Sar."

After allowing Tim Howard to join Everton on loan, and with Ben Foster due to return to Watford for another season, Ferguson would have been without a senior understudy to van der Sar.

But Kuszczak is now likely to be offered that role, and a swift return to The Premiership, following Ferguson's admission.

The Baggies have already made contingency plans for Kuszczak's probable exit by signing Swiss shot-stopper Pascal Zuberbuhler on a two-year contract.

Meanwhile, Ferguson has confirmed that England hopeful Foster will be heading back to Watford after an impressive last season at Vicarage Road.

He added: "We have an agreement with Watford that the boy goes back for the full year," </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Rather he'd go there than Liverpool or Spurs though.

\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is going on there icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've no idea but I love the photo icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah we all moaned about it having a sale option remember icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must've skipped through that bit...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

i dont know guys i look at it and it's understandable. i am not saying it's text book for spelling and gramer but god dammit this isn't gibberish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's more what you're saying rather than your grammar people are having a go at here icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that makes me feel good

like i said i think selvestre at left back won us many games arsenal last season at OT the letest exmpale .

i also think that with the midfield being not as strong as in years gone by an atacking defender is vital for us i think selvestre is what we need

and i will continue houldibg on to my opinion no matter what

do you even remember what agreat season oshea had at left back last time we won the prem ???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">twatface Juni changed it with persuasion from Mika/Nickogs who will both get glassed on Sunday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart is looking for a fight icon_biggrin.gif I'm going to call him Finlay on Sunday.

Not sure whether its been mentioned

Agent: Man Utd, AC Milan target Tevez ready to go

The agent of Corinthians striker Carlos Tevez says he's ready to quit the Brazilian giants for Europe.

The Argentina international has been linked with Manchester United and Adrian Ruocco revealed today: "We are ready to listen to and to analyze every proposal. We will make a decision over the most opportune.

"The newspapers talk about interest on the part of Manchester United, of AC Milan and of Bayern Munich, but for now it's only talk, there is nothing concrete.

"We must wait to see if the club will make him available. But Carlos thinks he's now closed his cycle with Corinthians and that now it is necessary to change teams."

Ruocco added: "Tevez does not have preferences, because we are speaking about three great clubs. I repeat, we are ready to listen to all offers, to analyze them and then to decide. The economic aspect is important but he is a sportsman and it's also important at how he will acclimatise because it will be radical change in his life."QUOTE]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Listening to rangers game, Martin sounding fbb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ralph Milne would have been fb in Scotland icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apart from one season he wasnt particularly good for Dundee United by all rights and accounts.

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

No Stormin Norman Mark? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He only just missed the final cut, along with Sparky. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I asked you about Sparky last year icon_biggrin.gif

I am seriously considering when (if) I ever have kids putting me and my wife / girlfriend / random stranger I once pulled in a club up in a hotel in Manchester 2 weeks prior to the due date so the kid can be born as close to OT as physically possible JUST SO he/she never gets any 'glory hunter' shyte spouted at him/her.

If we have a club by then, ofc.

Right, let's nip any vague Torres-related giddiness in the bud right now chaps. We'd struggle to afford him if the release clause was lowered to £2.2m - he, or any player with any kind of genuine star quality, aint coming unless we sacrifice one of our remaining crown jewels.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Nick texted me the same as Gaz, and I disagreed too.

I think generally we're ok, just on Weds half of them weren't match fit and the other half weren't arsed, which is annoying.

The point about impact subs is true though, Ole/Park/Rossi/Smith can all potentially add to that though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno, I still stand by what I said - without Saha, Giggs, Scholes etc, we just lack that something extra. If we can keep everyone fit, we've a really special chance and we've got the depth to cover minor injuries/players being rested. It's just when we rest players en masse/suffer a load of injuries at once that i think we're exposed.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the case for everyone but Chelsea and in that respect we just cannot hope to compete with them. A fact we need to come to terms with.

If we are to win the league as things stand, we will undoubtedly need a large portion of luck in suffering very few injuries to key players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim2:

I just came here to icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif at ManU cant even beat a team bottom of the championship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remind me - Burnley was it that you lost to a couple of seasons ago? witha fffb own goal?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Manchester United v Everton, Wednesday 29 November, kick off 8pm

We have a small number of tickets available and these can be purchased by One United Members only by telephoning 0870 442 1999 weekdays from 9am to 5pm (subject to availability).

If you have not yet renewed your Membership and would like to apply for match tickets please telephone 0870 442 1994, option 5 or visit One United </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers for the info Mart, just need to try and get rid of a shift next week now and I'll be in with a shout of making it up.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

I have us winning the title with 84pts, from Chelsea just one point behind. Liverpool end up on 76. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Careful, Matt. You'll fall over, mate. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did it a couple of months ago and we won by 2pts, so I'm actually getting less optimistic. icon_frown.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Kinda looking forward to two possible scenarios

Scenario 1

We beat City, Arsenal Draw with Chelsea, We then lose to Chelsea at the Bridge. Mourinho refusing to concede the title despite the goal difference would be very amusing.

Scenario 2

We get a point at the Bridge and confirm the title is ours. Would Chelsea give us an honour guard like we did for them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically what I have been wanting all season, to see Terry and Drogba applauding Ronaldo & Ronney would be fb, although wouldnt we have to already be crowned champions for that to happen?so it means it is more likely to happen in your first scenario.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Looking positive whatever happens tonight - if we win we're in the European Cup Final icon14.gif If we lose I don't have to sit through the torture of watching us against in a European Cup Final against Liverpool icon14.gif Works for me anyway icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking the same way. icon14.gif

And what are the odds that Milan will bottle it in two CL finals?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

nah, dodged that bullet. he's moving in with his scouse bird isn't he </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is this house sharing, or moving in with? icon_eek.gif

• 2 weeks later...

bus and tram. got the train on monday, there's one direct train from salford crescent to navi road which gets in at 8.44 and as i found out, it takes longer than 16 minutes to walk from the station to the training centre /O\ no return journey possible with that as well so it's not really an option anyway.

so got the bus into town and then the met today. if the job paid more and was something i was genuinely interested in (rather than something that looks ok but isn't really what i wanted to do, and pays relative peanuts) i'd put up with the hassle definitely. few other things have p*ssed me off as well though - salary isn't as much as i was told it would be, i was misled by the recruitment guy about weekend working (when it's compulsory/optional etc) and there's no pay review until november '08.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

It's NOT deserved icon_biggrin.gif

Stewards enquiry please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

look, i'll appoint you as my right-hand man. pipe down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just what do you do with your right hand, anyway ?

Don't answer that question. icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

A goal down at Anfield I wouldn't expect anyone to make a difference in the last 15 minutes except maybe Scholes/Ronaldo/Rooney. Anyone else wouldn't have that killer pass/move in them. At least Park wouldn't stand tere hands on hips after his lastest flick went straight to the opposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that exactly the point? That a player who's going to be in our pool of wingers/creative players should be good enough that you think bringing them on could make a difference?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived