The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and im firmly on the 'not good enough' hargreaves band wagon. if this has been brought up a few weeks back it would have been a page of laughter followed by the odd 'well he cant be THAT sh*t guys, he plays for bayern!'.

a decent game (not half as impressive as some would have you believe) and he's suddenly to the top of our must have list. get to ****.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

the same poor mans BBB that got you an Arsenal ticket icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aww man, you know I love you.!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

This one

Was in use from 1997 up until the final in 1999. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't we use it in 99/00 as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure, possibly. The site I looked at said it was last worn in the final, but it could be wrong. Might stick the 99/00 dvd on in a sec and see.

keep getting this message when trying to login:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #102.c655640.1152881528.7589e68 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Try ringing the ticket phone line? 0161 442 1999 i think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm waiting on a phonecall about a job, so don't want to be tied up on the ticketline for the rest of the afternoon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Fergie predicts signings

Friday, July 14, 2006

"Hopefully something will happen in the next couple of weeks. We always knew

it would be after the World Cup"

David Gill May 23rd:

"I'd like to do all the business before the World Cup....The sooner you do

it, the better for the players concerned. The sooner they get into the

United family, the quicker they can integrate."

arse and elbow spring to mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf to gill, the whole italy shenanigans fecked up any idea of buying players before the world cup. we'd have been mad to do so.

how stupid would chelsea have looked spending 30m on shevchenko had milan been relegated yesterday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hyrule_king:

Rossi should go to Ipswich.

Scholes is gonna be great this season imo. he needed that rest period last season. I am quite optimistic about this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

id love that tbh.

however, for the player, it all depends on how jim would play the team. under joe i doubt he would have got a touch, not being 7ft

never happen mind

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

oh weve all been there, if youre still under the age of 16 you get two christmases icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not and i'd dont think my dad would get off his arse to see me on Christmas let alone buy me something even if i was.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CKKJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ive not seen enough of tevez to say id be happy with throwing £15-£20m at him but hes one of those players that always looks exciting and its nice to have a few of those in the side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't seem to have had much luck with South Americans so far. Veron, Forlan & Kleberson plus the injury to Gaby.

I've heard Peter Davenport was part Peruvian and Ralph Milne had a Chilean granny too icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't spout Bulls**t eh?

Those players not being able to make it had nothing to do with them being South American.

Veron wasn't used correctly. He was played out of posistion, as a result, he looked a shadow of the player everybody knew he could be. He was far better in any games when he was actually played in a posistion that suits his game.

Kleberson was unlucky through injuries, was bought as a defensive player when really he was more of an attacking player. The problem with him was the difference in styles between Brazilian defensive players and British defensive players. When he was match fit, he didnt play too badly for us.

Forlan, was a confidence striker who needed to play regularly to perform. He was never going to get that with united, it was something that Ferguson wasnt going to find out until he joined us, it's nobodies fault.

As for Gabby, his injury was unlucky, but i wouldnt say that means we should shy away from south americans, for anybody to say that, is utterly laughable.

All of those things could happen to any player bought from abroad or even from another club playing a different style. It doesnt mean you avoid those players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was more of a comment about luck and not south american footballers and was mainly a lead up line to the joke about Davenport and Milne - I loved Seba & Diego and wish they were still with us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever way you look at it, Kleberson, Veron and Forlan were fs for you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you should know all about diego :**)

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

tbh, i think that Martin could very easily be right with this stuff.

Hargreaves is making it clear he want's to leave. He wants to come to United. United are making it clear they will keep pursing the player.

It could very easily become very disruptive for Bayern Munich, to the point where they just cant play Hargreaves due to it causing problems for the rest of the squad.

If that happens, and it looks quite likely that it will, then Bayern will absolutely have to sell him to us, or end up having to pay wages to a player that they have no intention of using while the situation remains.

I wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if we sign him before the transfer window closes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd believe that if hargreaves had ever showed any sort of unprofessionalism in his career. I think he is far too much a "model professional" to disrupt his club that much to force a move in that way. Carrick could've come out in the press and said he wanted to move to United and forced the issue, but he kept his head down and let the clubs sort it out. Which is how I see the hargreaves deal going, but with Bayern not wanting to sell would make it difficult. I cant see it happening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

christ what a hero smudger is, get in there son. would love it, LOVE it if he got back to full fitness and was able to support king louis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually reckon they'd work really well up top together.

Have they ever been deployed as the front two? I can't remember. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think once or twice in Smithy's first season, I deffinatley remember them playing together against Crewe in League cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Hargreaves WILL sign a contract extension at Bayern.

FAITH </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

quick question, will i make my 6:40 train home on sunday after the game given ive never used the metro before? is it easy? if i miss it im staying at bbb's btw, ta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kickoff at 4pm?

Yeah you're staying at Martin's icon_biggrin.gif

You might make the train tbh. Match will finish at 6pm so if you get to the tram stop quick enough then you should be back in piccadilly for about 20 past I imagine.

I take it your train is from Piccadilly & not Victoria?

Richard Kurt's Wednesday column (contains Rio bashing; Scatter, look away)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">His name is Rio; he wants the armband

GOOD grief, yet another international-enforced break and a particularly ill-timed one at that.

Fun though it is to watch England and France embarrass themselves of an afternoon, you nonetheless fear that United’s momentum might be affected before it ever got a chance to turn into some kind of irresistible force. The lads will doubtless all return with a collection of knocks, bruises and the after-effects of Balkan gypy tummies and, before you know it, we’ll be dropping points and allowing Fergie to blame the wicked FIFA and FA for all his woes. (Rather than blame himself for failing to strengthen the squad sufficiently to cope with such hiatuses, some would say).

Furthermore, the last thing Wayne Rooney needs at the moment is the national, rather than merely Mancunian, hack-pack poring over his supposed shortcomings and weak form over 20 pages of every paper.

Still, at least Wayne can be grateful that his big mate and drinking/gambling buddy Rio Ferdinand will perform the matey service of deflecting attention from him when it’s needed. Yes, you may all think that Rio’s frequent jaw-dropping interventions in public life off the pitch are the product of a sheer stupidity and utter lack of self-awareness but you would be wrong. They are in fact — surely, m’learned friends — cunning diversionary stink-bombs he lets off to attract public opprobrium away from less-hardened mates.

So when the notoriously media-shy Paul Scholes blundered into an abyss of political correctness by allegedly calling a ref a “poofâ€, along came Rio to save the day by trumping spectacularly, branding a national radio DJ a “******†on air.

And seemingly every day for the past couple of weeks — as he tries to flog his pathetic book in permanent press-conference mode, a book which only avoids mass-burning by virtue of not being quite as awful as Ashley Cole’s — your concern about Wayne Rooney, or any other United player, is soon forgotten as you hoot with derision at whatever imbecility or gross rewriting of history Ferdie has come out with that day. Clever, clever Rio. Not a solipsistic moron but a team player and leader, no mistake.

Ah, except, as Rio pointed out rather bitterly this week, he isn’t the team leader, is he? (That’s Gary Neville — who, to complete a pleasing ironic circuitry, has often been falsely labelled a ‘******’ by chanting opposition fans.) Rio archly implied that he felt he had been promised the captaincy post-Keane and was thus “gutted†not to have got it. Presumably he was too typically dozy to notice what we all did long ago, namely that when Keano couldn’t take the armband, either Gary Neville or Ryan was given it — a fairly obvious indicator, you would’ve thought, that one is not next in line to the throne. You do wonder whether Fergie reflected upon his original gushing assertion about Rio’s leadership future and realised that someone who is very liable to forget to do the coin toss if he has a shopping trip planned that afternoon may not be the perfect choice.

There is a delicious irony in the possibility that the first genuinely open Premiership in years may yet be wrecked by whatever Lord Stevens unveils. I have resisted talking much about the looming scandal here both for obvious legal reasons and because, having banged on about bungs being rampant so often over the past five years, I hardly feel the need to say ‘I told you so’.

Having perused the list of the eight clubs supposedly in the frame, as featured in the London Sunday Mirror, I see that the two most corrupted clubs in England over the past five years do not feature on it. Which in turn prompts me to ask: how could Lord Stevens already have passed almost 90% of transfers as clean, if his team have failed to get over half of the agents’ co-operation? Eventually, it may well be that the true breakthroughs come elsewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

don't feed the trolls/*****/mentally deficient/******* carter ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh i'm bored and it was one post ffs yah stupid convict icon_biggrin.gif.

It was one post, i promise to ignore him in future. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

Anyone else really looking forward to Andy Mitten's book 'We're the famous Man United'? Got excellent previews in both UWS & Redissue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. That, the McGrath book and the one about Edwards/Best will be on my 'to by' list.

have you ready the rob brady FCUM book?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

Evra unsettled

Bit of a nothing story but there you go </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't there a similar story some weeks ago where he went on to say he's settled now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coming to Eurosport News in about 3 months no doubt icon_wink.gif

Part V

News breaks of Rossi’s loan move to Newcastle, reaction was mixed to say the least…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atvkwkad:

Rossi to Newcastle on loan icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ahahahahahahhahhaha icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

hahaha icon_biggrin.gif

Nick is SEETHING </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick isn't the only ****ing one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON icon_mad.gif

Having to want Newcastle to do well /O\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

OH.

MY.

GOD.

wait wind up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

I think it's a good move

Gives him a chance to get some experiance i think Newcaslte might be a bit big for him though can't see him playing week in week out there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

DIE SEASON DIE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were saying?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

HAVE to be getting a striker in tomorrow then. Only reason why I can see us letting him go after all Fergie's bluster about keeping him after Ruud was sold.

ffs, of all the clubs to loan the kid to, we loan him to those gormless, deluded ****wits who have a quite staggering history of crippling any forward who wears their shirt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could it be?

Tevez and Maschereno tomorrow.

FACT! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'd cum everywhere seeing Tevez and Rooney play up front for us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yas, me too.

not a group **** though, bit gay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rest of the day going to be spent in Bauer-persona

WHERE IS MY MASCHERANO

TELL ME WHERE THE TEVEZ IS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crilly:

well at least they didn't go to Arsenal... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

this is absurd, if they're on loan FFS how can we not have been in for them? Surely they're not that desperate to move to London </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I thought them going to West Ham was a **** take. icon_frown.gif

Juni's always saying how good ice hockey is. I might start following that instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

Ahem can i just say...

WTF?!?! wEST F'ING HAM?!?!?

Thank you. That is all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Loan signings gone through, West ham for the season and an option to buy for £15m each. icon_frown.gif

If we only had the Carrick money to spend i would have rather got Mascherano for £15m. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

OMFG this is just absolutely outrageous.

Whoever is supposed to look after our transfer deals can just rot in hell right now.

This is surely just a dream........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what the ****ing hell have i woken up to

rossi to the most disgusting club on the planet that arent leeds/city/scouse

mascherano and that ugly **** to west ham? season getting used to the prem before going on to chelsea icon14.gif

yorke going to sunderland to reunite with keano :*)))))))))))))))

if we sign jermaine jenas i am never posting again, fact. what a ****ing awful day, i hope football and keyser dies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what in the merry **** is happening?

West Ham?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

WHAT THE MERRY **** IS GOING ON??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've been Hammered. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

So yeah, I've just woken up. Thought it'd be a fairly boring day transfer wise, just a few little moves here and there...

DEAR CHRIST, WHAT ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH HAS HAPPENED TO TEVEZ AND JAVIER ****ING MASCHERANO.

WEST HAM???? WEST ****ING HAM????

********!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ, if anyone was in any doubt that the Argies to West Ham thing was more than a little dodgy (hi Rich), the fact they're on permanent deals basically confirms it icon_biggrin.gif

What a bizarre and ultimately dire day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keyser so good, more of a deadline day pessimism corner than an angry corner this time around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

THEY'RE SIGNING

BELIEVE

I tell you I hope this episode puts an end to the outbreak of crappy optimism that has pervaded the thread for a week or 2.

Come, join the dark side.....................

No Hargreaves

No Mascherano

No Rossi

No Chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm fuming, we've spent £3m this summer, now for the biggest club in the world, that's a bloody joke, I hope the wait and see brigade all die in a big fireicon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

I hope all the clueless optimists do the same </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh **** off, you're enjoying this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

this is quite funny, really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not confirmed.

Yet.

I told you all before NEVER get your hopes up about United. EVER. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IT ISN'T CONFIRMED FFS

THERE'S STILL TIME! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lads, Sperz have signed Malbranque the way is now clear

UNLEASH THE JENAS icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

OH FFS.

Right where's Bauer? we need him to swoop NOW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? United in need for cardboard over acting and homoerotica?

We already have Cronaldo for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

please tell me I'm still asleep and this is a nightmare </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ITS REALITY BABY icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's either:

No ambition to have the best players at the club

or

Arrogance in believing that the current squad is good enough </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

either way we'll still be known as "Polo". Solid on the outside but a big hole in the middle...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop it with the sh*t conspiracy theories, we didn't get any high profile players because it's apparent we have no ambition and Fergie is a pr*ck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

Stop it with the sh*t conspiracy theories, we didn't get any high profile players because it's apparent we have no ambition and Fergie is a pr*ck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no ambition and our most successful manager of all time is a *****?

ng </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha and if that's the case why are you getting wound up then?

ngngng </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And when it seemed like it couldn’t get any worse icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Sunderland fans on SSN saying they've seen OGS at the Stadium of Light icon_biggrin.gif

Would not surprise me one bit tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be ace. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though there was at least one saving grace

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big John Stud:

Miller off to Sunderland for a medical icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

miller. icon_frown.gif

missing out on th ebig names compounded by letting our best players go.

DON'T GO LIAM! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THERE WE GO \O/

The news we all REALLY wanted. You can keep your "Mascherano signs!" and "Torres joins United!", "Miller ****s off, anywhere" was the biggie, the one we were all praying for! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Miller Medical, fantastic news. \o/

Now for the rise of Ngalula. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patience ffs icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Has the round-up been posted yet? cba to search through all the waffle of the last twenty pages. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A point worth repeating I feel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I don't know if the point has been pressed home enough tbh.

WEST ****ING HAM???????????

God I'm angry tonight icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YAWN

SIGH

DIE SEASON DIE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And another

Miller definitely gone..? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not yet it seems icon_frown.gif

Miller basically that turd that just doesn't want to flush </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But no need to worry \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

miller signs for sunderland </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woooooooooooo

thank christ for that \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, gone on a free icon_biggrin.gif

Surprised we didn't have to pay them to take him tbf, so can't quibble. Best news of the day \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Mart!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Van Lampard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">don't care? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive had enough of you BBB why dont you just shutup? You're in denial mate you said Hargreaves would come and he didnt get over it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And as both the month and the transfer window comes to a close, ajw10 sums things up brilliantly

Our transfer dealings are done for this window imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, well done you smug **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Pessimism is the winner :**) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alzheimers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how many times did you check the spelling of that before you posted it? icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Gotta say the best chant of the season so far goes to City fans for their John O'shea song. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what were they singing?

We played some our best football of last season in this fixture, in the second half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The whole game tbh. You were awesome

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

@ RedBlood

My question to you sir is do you know when More4 is going to start showing Studio 60?

Sorry for going completely off topic but I'm not going into the dedicated thread to get spoiled.

- - - - - - - -

And marginally back on topic, Mark why would a big print version of Dickins have more or less paragraphs than a normal sized one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't, it's a bastardised Blackadder quote. It's meant to be "thicker than....".

Evra becoming first choice over Gabby possibly the least expected thing to have EVER happened during my time as a United supporter. He was utterly utterly utterly abysmal at the start, and Gabby was fb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't go that far, you never know how players are going to come back from such serious injuries tbf.

It's a good question though, most unexpectedthing to have happened like that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, i don't think Gaby at his best keeps Paddy out of the side, i don't think his injury comes into it.

• 2 weeks later...

any of you clowns doing fulham away or is the boycott still on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me, mart and jonny afaik. there was never a boycott of the actual game (simply/sadly wouldn't work with our support), but there's a boycott of anything else Fulham try to flog to us (programmes, pies, beer etc). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so stupidly expensive. not sure if ill do it or not :/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tad hypocritical not mentioning Madrid and Capello maybe, but i assume Valdano was asked about/speaking about the CL semi last week in particular, in which case there's no reason to add 'oh, and Madrid play sh*t football too'.

much the same really as if he'd said Kieran Richardson was sh*t. yeah, Raul Bravo's sh*t as well, but his main point is still entirely true and he has every right to say it.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

We're also being linked regularly in L'Equipe with Lille's Jean Makoun, is that reputable enough? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, national publication and all that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didn't realise we were including national publications for other nations. should have some fun with Marca then \O/

• 3 weeks later...

haha I'd do a few sex wees if that was true icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But its all very like the Anderson\Nani rumours. Two players that seemingly played in the same position and the concensus was that we'd get one or the other. Obv we got both, but I'm wondering if its the same with this, as neither rumour will go away.

(NOTW saying we've offered for Huntelaar, and Telegraph saying we've approached for Tevez&gticon_wink.gif

Archived