The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

well, ill say again taht i wont mind selling ronaldo for about 25m. i wont make the mistake this time of suggesting pennant as a possible replacement though!!!! although he isnt THAT bad.

simao would be alright i think. they were talking about 12m for him when liverpool were interested which wouldnt be so bad as hes a proven player.

or joaquin if hes as good as everyone used to think he was.

and duff off chelski for cheapness would be nice. they surely must sell one or more of their midfielders as they now have: robben, wright-phillips, cole, lampard, ballack, kalou, mikel. they wont all be happy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Hah if we agree to that I'm putting a massive UNITED, STOP BEING SO RUBBISH, THX banner on the front of my house. It'll be like Christmas but without the cringeworthy reindeer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't mean anything here. People would think that you are protesting something to do with politics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

For me, IF (massive, Man City style if) we get both Carrick and Hargreaves, i'd see him as an option in Rooney's role for the games we're resting Rooney, or to bring on off the bench when Rooney is tired.

use them both as the link man forward and you'll get results.

Much like Sheringham was used as an alternative for Yorke back a few years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that were to happen, what do you think we should do with Rossi?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Hows the sand Gregg? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

head in

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I see we are linked with Defoe again in the mornings papers. Why? Fergie likes him yes but who in their right mind would pay £12m for Spurs 3rd choice striker?

Last season he was behind both Mido and Keane and i cant see him getting in front of Berbatov and keane this season.

His goalscoring record is nothing special, he isnt a Rooney or a Sheringham with great link up/overall play, he has no European experience, has a worse record at International level than Andy Cole and just isnt good enough.

Yes its probably paper talk but for some reason i have this feeling that says Fergie might just sign him and leave the midfield as is.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Jermain Defoe (League Stats Only)

Years: Club: Games: Goals:

1999-2004 West Ham United 93 29

2004-Present Tottenham Hotspur 86 29

Overall ----------------- 179 58

</pre>

Even Robbie Keane has a better goalscoring record for Spurs(League) with 54 goals in 134 games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that total appearances or just starts?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zayd:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=405885&CPID=23&...ght+at+Atletico+deal

interesting.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

even if that freed up torres he wouldn't come to us

he would want to join a big team shirley? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

press conference to just appease the fans? He's got 2 years left and won't sign an extension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

milan were linked in the papers today as sniffing around him, far more likely destination, europe or not

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "It was Cristiano's first game back and I thought he handled it very well," said Ferguson.

"He took his goals very well. They were both great strikes and he got a terrific reception from the United supporters as well and all in all, he did very well." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very well icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joe_cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I think Chelsea are the worst, I mean when they broguth John Terry into the first team, straw clutching like that is just going to lead them to oblivion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on about?? Seriously.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you're slagging Fergie off for talking up our youngsters without knowing anything about them yourself, as if you think that it's impossible for youngsters to make it at a big club or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think there will ever be a set of youngsters come through that you had at any club again. He also talked up O'Shea, Fletch, Richardson, Miller oh and I forgot ROFL Bellion.

Fergie is the greatest manager Ive ever seen, but is well past it. Too stubborn to step down

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

restricted to players you've seen gonch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually seen play or can remember playing during some part of your life?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

it's like fergie's trying to go for a revolutionary 'no midfielder' formation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its Keyser's Polo Formation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

After careful consideration i doubt very much i'll be introducing a scouser to you guys icon_biggrin.gif

One of the girls i'm goin to the match with tonight wants me to take her down early so she can see Ronaldo and Rio arrive ffs. Anyone know what time they arrive for a Champions League game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Martin had to decribe his most hated kind of United fan it would be you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you mean one with a girlfirend?

Not that I can talk icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

och you know, young Ronaldo and young Darren they're still learning </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What time are you going to Blackburn on Saturday?

Your Ferguson impression is and always has been rubbish btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

You cant put the side looking better down to Carrick at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow. just wow.

that's the most moronic thing you've ever said in here - and that's up against some amazingly stiff competition. couldn't have been more wrong if your name was joseph wrong and you were typing on your wrong machine.

it really is pretty straight forward. carrick is in the side, o'shea isn't. the side looks immensely better because o'shea is out of it. therefore, carrick is directly responsible for us looking a better side.

now, i'll leave you to try and figure if i'm being completely serious or not. icon_biggrin.gif

'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Yeah so basically i turned down 2 Chelsea tickets for a girl who's stayin wit me next weekend. Now i feel like it's the worst decision i've ever made icon_frown.gif Its the first home game i've missed this season as well. Really really hope it's a **** game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you left Belfast? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, at uni in Manchester.

I know i've made a dumb choice but i've already blown her off 2 weekends in a row. She wouldn't go to the match either. I'm gonna be in such a bad mood next weekend that i won't even have a good time wit her and she'll totally blow me off.

Bet you all thought you couldn't hate me anymore after taking 3 girls to the Copenhagen match cause they wanted to see Rio and then giving my extra Liverpool ticket to my best mate who was a scouser. Got 12 tickets to Benfica though and everyone of them is going to a United fan!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saha has been annoying me for a good few weeks now, but what can we do, it's not as if there is anyone pushing him for his place.

Giggs seems to have lost his early season sparkle in the last 2/3 games, hopefully he'll get it back soon enough.

As for Park yeah, he'll need games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Can't see us selling Foster. I don't understand why we signed Kuzsczak in the first place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Howard being loaned out and surely sold on, Foster getting much needed games at Watford, we needed a new number 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From an outside perspective I'd say you could get at least 10 wins, I guess points are always dropped unexpectedly and things happen that you don't expect, but I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest that you could go on a run.

Seriously speaking we really 11pts should be too much to gain, but you never know, beat us at Anfield and it's down to 8, and 8 last season was enough to get the BBB's of this thread thinking there was a title race on.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Who cares though really, he hasn't said anything wrong, not exactly doing any harm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not doing any harm? Have you read the last two pages of the thread? He needs to think of the consequences of answering questions like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Blatter backs up the english shocker!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Champions League last 16 first leg tie against Manchester United was marred by overcrowding in the away section, with fans spilling out onto the playing area to avoid being crushed.

“In Lens, there are fences still, and it should not be permitted to play Champions League matches in such a stadium.

“I cannot understand those who organise the Champions League accept a stadium like Lens to play such a match.â€

Lille attempted to absolve themselves of blame, instead criticising United for distributing the tickets too early, and allowing high-quality fakes to be reproduced. The Premiership side hit back though, claiming the tickets were of a poor quality, and easily forgeable.

Blatter refused to apportion blame, though insisted countries should look to English stadia when considering safety issues in stadium design.

“It should be an example for everywhere else in the world,†he claimed. “There is comfort and security in the stadia where everyone is seated and you have no fences.

“If this was applied to all the other big leagues some would not face the problems they are facing now.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Fat Santa:

You do know realise BBB is going to continue to start the United match threads now we won that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hell, let him. i'd let him do near enough anything he wanted (easy now) if it's going to mean results like that

• 2 weeks later...

fao season ticket holders

Gonna be no more of this phoning for aways malarky, see the email I got today

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Your email has been passed to me from David Gills office to investigate the problems you have recently experienced when trying to apply for European away tickets and to check your success in the ballot.

As I am sure you will be aware, we have this week have hosted the European XI charity match and have the forthcoming Bolton & Middlesbrough matches. In addition to this sales have commenced for Roma Away, Roma at home, Sheffield United & Middlesbrough at home in the League & Chelsea away.

I apologise for the problems you have experienced but can assure you we are committed to improving our systems and service. When so many games are on sale at any given time and given the success of the team it is inevitable there will be huge demand for tickets and a large volume of calls. We are aware that at times supporters have experienced difficulties in applying for both Chelsea and Roma away and as a result we extended both deadlines, supporters were given until midday on Wednesday to apply for Chelsea and the Roma deadline is now 8am on Tuesday (originally 5pm tonight).

You will be pleased to know that in the past few months we have developed our website with a view to accepting applications for away games online. We are hopeful that this will go live for the next away game, which is Everton, applications will be accepted on Thursday and Friday the 30th & 31st of March. I am sure you will find that this service suits the needs of all applications.

Regards

Sam </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

been saying all weekend how it feels like ages since we've gone through all this. only four years though isn't it? :/

it's horrible, i would really just like to fast forward between each game, it consumes my every waking thought and most of my sleeping ones but by christ, we wouldn't want to swap it for arsenal's position would we?

• 4 weeks later...

Why are we getting a new kit next season? Surely there's another year to go with the current one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure you'll be stunned to know that the club announced a little while ago that we'll now be changing kits every year.

Their marker research showed that each new kit is a source of enormous excitement for us fans, so simply to please the masses they’re doing us the honour of releasing more. Nothing whatsoever to do with finding every last opportunity to suck each and every penny of disposable income out of anyone that’s ever heard the name ‘bobby charlton’ honest.

Archived