The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Deportivo La Coruna have given the green light for clubs to bid for their Argentine midfielder Aldo Duscher.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go, go, go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

chelsea to sneak in when other rivals show interest

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger fights the good fight :***)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ARSENE WENGER wants divers like Cristiano Ronaldo to be subjected to a trial by video.

Arsenal boss Wenger was appalled by the antics of the sly Manchester United winker, who kept throwing himself to the ground at the World Cup.

Wenger said: “These things must now be looked at after the match with a view to taking retrospective action.

"The trouble is a generation of players has grown up with Maradona’s Hand of God as an example.â€

Wenger’s words are sure to infuriate Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson — who does not take kindly to his players being slated.

In the past, Wenger has also accused Ronaldo’s club-mate Ruud van Nistelrooy of diving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wenger's former captain practising what his boss preaches :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's really singled Ronaldo out in those quotes, hasn't he?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nuts:

RvN wants to go to Bayern according to Dutch sources. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they bung us £5-6m plus Owen Hargreaves, that'd do nicely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

why don't we sign kevin nolan as the hardball DMC? He had a cracking season with Bolton, he's Irish, he's only 24 and he wouldn't cost us 30mill + Silvestre... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif has there ever been a post with so much wrongness?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Told you he was gangsta. Respec' me you bizzatches or I'll bust a cap in yo nazi asses, ya feelin' me?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hargreaves demands respect from Bayern

England midfielder Owen Hargreaves said Bayern Munich executives were aware of his continued interest in a transfer to Manchester United even if he realises they do not want to let him go home.

In an interview with Bild newspaper on Friday, Hargreaves said it was out of his hands whether the two clubs would be able to reach a deal by the Aug. 31 close of the transfer window but he made clear he has not given up hope of a transfer.

'I've given everything to Bayern Munich for the last nine years and I want to be treated with respect,' said Hargreaves, 25. 'I simply want it to be accepted that Manchester would be a great step for me.'

Canadian-born Hargreaves was voted England's best player at the World Cup finals in a poll by the Football Association.

He has been at Bayern since joining the club as a teenager in 1997 and his current contract runs through June 2010.

Bayern sporting director Uli Hoeness has criticised Hargreaves for publicly expressing his desire to go.

Hoeness has repeatedly rejected a reported offer of 25 million euros ($32 million) and said he wouldn't sell Hargreaves for 50 million euros.

'The manager doesn't want to let me go. That's his right,' said Hargreaves. 'But he knows exactly what I want.'

Asked by Bild if that was an immediate transfer, he said: 'It's simply a great challenge. I'm an England player, part of my family lives near Manchester. A lot of things come together.'

Hargreaves was hit with a 25,000-euro fine from Bayern this week for insubordination after he called the Manchester United offer 'simply fantastic'.

Hargreaves on Friday defended his decision to extend his contract last year to 2010 in Munich.

'It was a great honour for me at the time,' he said. 'In the meantime, a lot of things have developed for me in a different way. I have a great chance to become a key player for England.'

Hargreaves, whom Bayern hoped could fill a void left when Michael Ballack left for Chelsea, said he is not worried about being banished to the bench.

'The coach knows what I can do,' he said. 'And so do the fans. I always give everything I have. That won't change no matter where I play.'

Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has threatened to report Manchester United to FIFA if they do not give up their pursuit of Hargreaves.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's what that 'translation' was trying to say earlier.

In the absence of elmonzo btw, are we doing a roundup for pages circa 100-150?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Carrick looked rather good. Offered a bit of vision. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">O'Shea looked awful again, to me. Just NEVER knows where he's meant to be and continues to be sloppy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just cannot understand why he's in the squad, let alone the team. I guess he's supposed to add weight to the midfield, but he's so half-hearted into challenges that his size makes no difference. He's a lazy, pathetic player and he shouldn't be at the club.

Giggs continued his good form.

Saha was great aside from the actual scoring part.

I think both suffered badly from Richardson's performance. This attacking quartet thing has been absolutely brilliant so far but perhaps when one doesn't perform the weakness is shown.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nev and Evra were doing well though, imo Evra still looks a BIT dodgy when it comes to defensive positioning.. often leaves a winger in acres of space. Which will hurt vs better teams/wingers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I think Evra's getting there but he's not justifying these MoM reports yet. At least now he looks like he will get to the standard we hope for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wes I thought did great. Rio not at his best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, I think you're spot on.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

brilliant icon_biggrin.gif

"Hi guys this is my mate from Liverpool.. his name's -"

*BBB storms through the crowd and punches him in the face* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahaha, you have seen BBB, haven't you icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Anyone know why we have been given more tickets for Rovers (A)? We were originally given 6,600 but the I just checked the website and we have been given an addition small amount more. I already have a ticket, but were just wondering. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

strange. We normally get the whole of one end, so where are the extras?

• 3 weeks later...

that's all people are saying as far as i can see :/

he just seems to have the odd game where he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. there was another one earlier in the season which really annoyed me, can't remember which one now and arguably the fact that these are isolated lapses rather than a general poor attitude makes it more frustrating.

while i'm here, forgot my mom's for last night:

1st - Paul Scholes

2nd - Nemanja Vidic - just pips Rio for me, and it's really irritating me the way people are trying to excuse Jarosik and the ref by saying Vidic 'didn't need to make the tackle', or whatever. He won the ball and didn't touch the man, which completely vindicated his decision to make the tackle. If we're going to start blaming people because they did something right instinctively but in doing so failed to weigh up how likely the player being tackled is to dive and how likely the ref is to fall for it/be influenced by the home crowd, then football's dead

• 2 weeks later...

Well we can write off the first half an hour of last night – pretty much a joke but it should be noted that whatever Fergie say’s about the crowd being quiet and the build-up being too slow in that period, the team didn’t set themselves up in a 433 by themselves or play at a lower tempo because they wanted to. Either he’s decided to send them out like that himself or he’s listened to someone and been persuaded. Either way neither should have happened. Bad idea all round.

As far as Benfica’s performance goes Nelson’s goal was a cracker no-doubt, and I was actually more impressed with Simao’s performance more than I have been in a long time after our second went in. Not a lot else about that side though and if we had lost it would have been worse than last year for me given the lack of quality they displayed. Luckily that isn’t something we have to contemplate.

On our side of the fence, three cracking deliveries coupled by three excellent headers got us the goals, but I think with the tempo we raised after their goal we could have found another way through if necessary.

VDS no chance for the goal, I’m inclined to blame whomever wasn’t tracking Nelson from the back (Giggsy?), GNev excellent captains performance, desire, forced a higher tempo and always a willing outlet so MOM for me. Viddy had a couple of slippy moments defensively I thought but the goal and the fact that he and Rio were 95% solid makes it less of an issue. Evra was doing ace before he had to go off, great outlet, hope his injury isn’t serious. Gabby did okay when he came on but wasn’t really tested.

Ronaldo had a quiet game I thought apart from the assist but I appreciated the fact that he didn’t try to beat Benfica by himself and contributed well on the counter a couple of times. Carrick had a bit of sloppy night really outside one or two very good passes. Scholesy stepped up when we went 442 and directed traffic as he has done all season so far. Giggsy flitted in and out, ace when he decided to be on the ball and took his header well, very quiet when he wasn’t forced to be involved. Fletch didn’t have a lot to do when he came on but what a ball for Saha eh?

Apart from the goal Saha wasn’t given many opportunities to test the keeper and he seemed kind of absent from a lot of the build up play again for me. Its like he’s only really in there at the minute to be set-up ala Ruud, rather than being directly involved as he was credited for earlier in the season. Rooney, along with GNev were the key driving forces behind us penning Benfica in last night so he gets second place in the MOM stakes for me. A really wilful performance from the man and it was nice to see the team showing that drive collectively after those two sparked the fuse. Ole came on to late to get involved, so that rounds everything up.

MOM: Gary Neville

2ND: Wayne Rooney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I personally think we'll draw. Mind you, I thought the same about Wigan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop that NOW ! Ffs. icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

also yesterday i do think lack of concentration played a huge part. we'd defended pretty much impeccably until the equaliser, then people just switch off all over the shop (Nev for the first, arguably the centre-backs too, and definitely Rio for the second) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was pretty sure it was Vidic who lost Henry.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

get a job then you workshy twat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

remind me again who owes more BBB or Nick

oh yeah ritght its 3:1 in favour of BBB who owes the most

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Sooner they get rid of international football the better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif x number of posts by me with the word "Ruud" in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

727 since Nov 2004, in case you're interested.

God it's a boring Friday afternoon icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'd like to think Louis is simply conducting a one man protest about the 'end of season' party being held before the cup final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a feeling that may turn out to be the right decision. I don't know why, but themore i think about saturday, the more i see a repeat of the Arsenal final on the horizon icon_frown.gif

Unless Jose really does have to play Hilario up front and his currently missing dog at left back, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The Glazer family rubbished suggestions on Friday that they are considering selling Manchester United.

For the second time in a fortnight reports surfaced claiming Malcolm Glazer had become disillusioned by the profit-making potential at Old Trafford.

Having completed an £800million takeover two years ago, Glazer restructured the club's debt with a view to the long term and a spokesman for the family insists their commitment has not wavered.

"The Glazer family have a long-term commitment to Manchester United and that is not going to change," said the spokesman.

"Quite simply, they are not interested in selling the club. Why would they?

"They are determined to make United more successful, both on and off the pitch."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How anyone can want Anelka is beyond me. The guy has a history of being a sulky disruptive influence on every team he has played for. He didn't even fit in when he went to Turkey ffs.

Now you want him at United where I am sure he won't be playing every game & will have to sit on the bench, yeah he will love that.

To me the guy doesn'teven look like he wants to try anymore anyway. He would come here & leeh as much money as he could from us before ****ing off after a season cos Ferguson dared sub him off in a game or something similarly stupid.

That's a no to Anelka incase anyone was still unsure icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

wtf? isnt Libertine's basically the graphical version of what Jules said anyway? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha yeh i was thinking the same thing.

uncle malc ftw btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it probably is. There were a lot of player/player/player/player stuff going on in Jules post. My inferior mind couldn't really work it all out.

Diagrams ftw

Archived