The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gripper:

As I have not yet received that file from the Man Utd researcher </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear lord what a poor show, I did mine aaaaaages ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About 1 hour before the deadline, and missing out half of the academy players? icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Academy players that arent there anymore?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i'll hate that red shirt forever. don't care what we win wearing it. it's basically a scouse strip. icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you work that out?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It was made up by a fella on RI

I wanted Rich to top himself icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mika icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Real Madrid have reiterated their stance that goalkeeper Iker Casillas will not be sold.

The Spain number one has been linked with a move from the Santiago Bernabeu with Manchester United purportedly ready to pay big money to land the 25-year-old.

A fee in the region of £30 million has been mentioned, but new Real president Ramon Calderon insists there is no chance of the shot-stopper leaving the club.

Casillas signed a new contract that ties him to Real until 2011 last term and Calderon has brushed off the latest round of speculation.

"It's only a rumour," he told the club's official website. "We haven't received any offers.

"I would consider 'cheap' Casillas being worth €45 million. We certainly wouldn't sell him for that amount."

The Real supremo also ruled out the possibility of Sergio Ramos leaving the club with Chelsea having been put forward as a suitor of the young defender.

"Ramos has a great future ahead of him and he is a great talent. We are not going to sell him," Calderon added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all bs tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Real Madrid agree terms with Man Utd's Van Nistelrooy

Real Madrid have agreed personal terms with Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Marca says the Dutchman could become Ramon Calderon's first signing as Real president after an agreement between the player and the club was struck.

Real are now to step up negotiations with United over a fee for Van Nistelrooy. The Premiership giants want �15 million for the centre-forward, who is also a confirmed target for Bayern Munich.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if theres any truth in this, then i guess that measn no hargreaves angryfire.gifjpshakehead.sml.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

pinched from Red News, interesting news about the reserves...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [29] Letter to Red News

Monday, July 17, 2006

For those who care...

....about the Reserve team - something I care about very, very deeply.

We have gone from 28 games last year (League) to 18 this season. I bet Glazer/Gill/Othertwats are thrilled to bloody bits. Less (free for us) games at Hyde for them to pay for.

In the season before (2004/4) we had 50 Reserve teams games.

Those complete **** who now have total control (ie they no longer have to face us at an AGM) can do what they want. What they really want is to get rid of the Reserves totally. Let's face it the Reserves are only for 'sad b*stards' like me and don't offer them any lets-sell-some-fred-the-bloody-red-duvet-covers' opportunities.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

18 games? How rubbish. Absolutely no point keeping anyone with any kind of potential at the club now, because that's not enough of a season to aid anyone's development. Loans galore methinks, which I'm sure suits the Glazers down to the ground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see your point Nick but just out of interest, how many players do we have populating the reserves at the minute?

Also is that 18 games home and away? Aren't a number of clubs downsizing / not entering reserve teams at the minute? Is our practice related to outside issues like this?

Given the apparent talent of a number of the players coming through at the minute shouldn't we be utilizing the loan system more than we have done in the past?

How does the reserves workload compare to the Academy set-up?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

someone explain to me why Fergie would lie about Ruud putting in a transfer request in 2005 AND there was no response to the contrary from the man himself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie's old quote of 'when in Italy, I look under the sauce to check it is actually pasta I'm being served' applies every bit as much to himself these days.

Not saying it didn't happen, but I'm not going to take Fergie's word for it given his increasing tendency to be economical with the truth.

Why hasn't Ruud denied it? Maybe it did happen. Maybe the guy wants to get on with his new challenge and doesn't want to get into a slanging match with people at a club he still has a lot of affection for.

I'd imagine we'll see an RvN autobiog at some point, could be an interesting read. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that's the greatest non-answer I've ever heard icon_biggrin.gif

from how Ruud has conducted himself, he certainly would've struck out at Fergie if his assertion was not true and you know it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Erm...As far as I know Liverpool played the majority of the season with 4-4-2...

Yes, Rossi had Ruud, Rooney and Saha to compete with him.

Equally, you could argue Sissoko had to compete with Gerrard, Alonso and Hamman.

Equally, you could argue that usually striker's are rotated more often that central midfielder's.

Equally, you could argue Sissoko forced Gerrard out to RM (although, you know, that would be stupid).

And also - the only reason I made the point "if Rossi was so awesome maybe he would have forced himself into more starts" is that Blaine seemed to be saying that the fact "Rossi has made one Premiership start" justified the hype - surely, if anything, it would dampen it...

Like I said, if Rossi was as awesome as SOME PEOPLE ON HERE said, he probably would have more than one Premiership start despite sitff competition - but that dosen't mean he isn't a talent.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or criticising Rossi, just using Rossi love as a comparison to Sissoko love. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off Rooney played pretty much every game so that left 1 position to fight for in which you have a £12m striker who is proven prem quality and proven goalscorer in great form and a man who with a strike record hardly anyone can match. Do the math as to why when we were trying to catch Chelsea Fergie was a bit reluctant to start Rossi.

And Sissoko was only ever competing against Hamann who everyone knew was going at the end of the season anyway for the third spot in a midfield which played 3 central midfielders. Gerrard was on the right because they had no decent right winger.

Rossi is in all the squads, has come off the bench when we have needed to win the game and had that all important start. The kid is 19. Your argument has no weight to it at all, you are trying to say he isnt good enough because he isnt ahead of a top class forwards with a proven track record. Look at the lads performances for us. He destroys all in the reserves and has looked good on all his starts for the club(I'm not talking friendlies). If Rossi was at a lesser club ala Rooney i am sure he would have much more prem experience by now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I wasn't trying to say that at all - you seem to have misunderstood me - I was merely saying that yes, some of the Liverpool fans 'MoMo' love is over the top, as is some ManU fans love for Rossi - and that although both player's have potential SO FAR Sissoko is more proven in the Premiership - which you surely couldn't disagree with?

Then, as I said earlier:

"And also - the only reason I made the point "if Rossi was so awesome maybe he would have forced himself into more starts" is that Blaine seemed to be saying that the fact "Rossi has made one Premiership start" justified the hype - surely, if anything, it would dampen it...

Like I said, if Rossi was as awesome as SOME PEOPLE ON HERE said, he probably would have more than one Premiership start despite stiff competition - but that dosen't mean he isn't a talent."

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Still injured iirc, maybe back for Watford </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

And the poster 14AlanSmithifb or whatever it is? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif yeah I may stop by for a drink/natter , it depends what the weathers like if it's ******* it down then we'll just go straight into the ground, but if it's dry then I will pop up to say hi.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

With the Ruud money and the Mikel money we are actually in profit from transfers this season and have splashed out £18m on Carrick. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And doesn't that make us the real winners this summer.

HAVE IT Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. We're eroding that debt FAST.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrgrapefruits:

Is this Rossi talk bull then, cos it's on no websites. So i assume so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, I know we're not all brains of Britain (only some of us) but I think it's safe to say we're not going to go as mental over something like this unless we were sure it's happening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A sheppard herds the sheep:

worst game i went to but funniest was the porto one when the knocked us out of the CL and a scholes goal was disallowed icon_mad.gif the fans (me included) started chanting "The referees a ******!!!" icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:///

was SO angry at that game

Phil icon_mad.gif Inevitable icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif lets put that back in history where it belongs now...

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Rio is apparently injured today. Lets hope it's just for the international games and not long-term. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed :/

And yeah did anyone find out about Heinze? Literally heard NOTHING since he went off against Newcastle.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the stats Juni.

My point is that we're more likely to make a statement by taking the game to them than trying to squeak out points from that game, so barring injuries we need to take advantage of our form and go for it.

Anyway - its a month away and we need to get through those fixtures first.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

haha, I find it hilarious that I've outnumbered my Irish compatriot snipersdream in round-up inclusions, despite him having about 40 posts for every one I made in that period. icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although, tbh, quality >>>>>> quantity.

• 1 month later...

i don't hate england, i just don't care much for the national team and certainly not for the FA. england winning the world cup would be a bit of a nightmare. comparing it to a potential CL win for us is just something i can't get my head round at all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Meh id take mourinho asap. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really, really wouldn't.

as i said in another thread, i'm not doubting his credentials or ability as a manager in any way shape or form, i just don't think we'd be right for him or him for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree, word for word.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

icon_biggrin.gif Where's all the Park hate now ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've ALWAYS said that jspifb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"The clubs that make me dream? Manchester, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea and Milan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite alot of dreams there icon_rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Can't believe getting beat away by the European Champions beat getting beat by the bottom of the Championship as worst performance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

different starting elevens, different competitions, different priorities

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Full Pre-Season Fixtures

17 July v Urawa Red Diamonds (A)

20 July v FC Seoul (A)

23 July v Shenzhen Xiangxue Eisiti (A)

1 August v Internazionale (H)

3 August v Doncaster (A)

5 August v Chelsea (Wembley)

8 August v Glentoran (Belfast) – United XI

8 August v Dunfermaline (Edinburgh) – United XI </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peterborough away on the 4th too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that confirmed? its not on the official site? i know its hardly the meter stick when it comes to information but surely they would've mentioned it?

I'd be up for Inter but working icon_frown.gif cant take any time off for the first 3 months.

yeh **** off saha you aussie bastard icon_mad.gif

oh... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, hasn't 'our' Saha knackered his leg as well? Or was that someone else i'm thinking of?

If so, it must be something in the name. If that is the case, let's hope it's not reciprocal, or the French Saha will be getting a brain injury bfore too long icon_frown.gif

this is an old one resurfacing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Nicholas Anelka - (Guardian)

Afonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Leighton Baines - Wigan (MEN)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Shay Brady - St Patrick's Athletic (Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Michael Kightly - Wolves (NOTW)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Havard Nordveit - Haugesund (Sky Sports)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Nigel Reo-Coker - West Ham (Guardian)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Javier Saviola - Barcelona (NotW)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Ryan Taylor - Wigan (Manchester Evening News)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Oscar Ustari - Independiente (Sky Sports)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 35

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83