The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

f**k off. no need to run to the ref like that. he's a slimey greasy diving crybaby c**t </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HE KICKED HIM IN THE ********.

If that had been against United (or England) you'd have had no problem at all at Ronnie having a go at the ref.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Injury problems? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's always been talk that his body was struggling with the demands of his game for the last few seasons, hence his decline. I believe Tony Adams said the same thing himself.

Perhaps injury problems is overstating it, as it seems to be something chronic rather than immediate, but it seems to ring true from his performances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was all that talk about him having one leg shorter than the other wasn't there? And that leading to niggly injuries.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

This gem from Fergie btw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Alan Smith should be back by the end of August. He is a player we intend to convert back to centre-forward after a spell in the midfield last season." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know whether to laugh or cry with the old sod these days </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me that's positive news. He's willing to accept that the experiment was a failure, rather than being pigheaded about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

True, I keep loading BBC site at work with faint hope.

btw now Gill/Fergie are going to be back in Manchester, no excuses </div></BLOCKQUOTE>except for the fact WE'VE GOT NO MONEY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Well we did look at a few players before the transfer window but unfortunately we ran out of time however I am happy with the size of our squad"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Papers tomorrow running the Heinze to Real thing again, "Ruud tells Real to grab Gab" etc *cringe* icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's gone tbf he's in my dream team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just to let you know I also got Jose Reyes in my time as well icon_frown.gif I'm a curse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you pick Sissoko?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'Carrick 'will learn at United'

Michael Carrick has been tipped to improve under Sir Alex Ferguson.

With Carrick set to complete a move from Tottenham, Frank Lampard senior - his coach at West Ham - believes the midfielder will flourish on a bigger stage.

Lampard Sr told BBC Sport: "No disrespect to Spurs but he will have to push himself at United because he's stepping up a level and there will be demands on him all the time.

"When you're training with world-class players every day, you learn from them. If you have got the capabilities - which Michael certainly has - then you adapt and lift your level.

Lampard Sr is in no doubt that United are buying a top class talent, one that he feels Sir Alex will mould to fit in with United's plans.

"Michael was used mainly as a holding midfielder at Spurs but I expect Sir Alex to ask him to show more and become more of an all-round player.

"He might be asked to get forward more and score goals, or become more of a ball winner. Having worked closely with him, I know he's capable of doing that.

"It was clear from the first time I saw Michael train that he was a rare talent.

"The main thing that struck me about him was he always looked like he had time on the ball. That might not sound like much, but it's something only a few players have."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'M HUNGRY FOR UNITED ACTION - SMITH

Alan Smith insists a seventh-month absence through injury has only increased his desire to succeed at Manchester United.

The 25-year-old striker is making remarkable progress after breaking a leg in January in an FA Cup defeat by Liverpool and could return in two weeks.

He is taking encouragement from the way Paul Scholes and Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer have bounced back after lengthy spells out.

"When I return that hunger will be the same for me," Smith told MUTV.

"I was lucky to get this far without a major injury because football is a physical game.

"You realise how much it does mean to you when you come in every day and are putting in the work after being injured.

"It would be easy to cut corners but you should never do that.

"I like taking part in sport anyway, so doing bike rides was fun.

"My aim has always been to be around for the start of the season (United open against Fulham) and fingers crossed I will not be far off."

Smith has been delighted at the level of care given to him following his injury.

He said: "The good thing for me was that I had the right people in the right place at the right time.

"The Sunday afternoon saw my leg fixed and in place. You could not ask for more and from then on I had a positive outlook.

"I cannot speak highly enough off the way I have been treated at United. Ever since my injury I have had great feedback from everyone."

Solskjaer could find himself in conflict with Sir Alex Ferguson after being recalled to the Norway squad for the friendly against Brazil in Oslo on August 16.

The Old Trafford boss will almost certainly be dismayed at the prospect of the 33-year-old returning to immediate international action.

Although Solskjaer has come through the pre-season campaign without a problem, he has missed virtually three seasons with knee trouble.

However the way he performed in the Amsterdam tournament at the weekend caught the eye of Norway coach Age Hareide.

Hareide is hoping to reach a compromise with Ferguson.

"We understand he is concerned," he told the www.fotboll.no.

"Ole has been out for two years but he looked very good in Amsterdam when I saw him there. With common sense we will find a solution."

Meanwhile the Football Association have yet to hear from their Dutch counterparts after Wayne Rooney and Scholes were sent off in the victory against Porto in the Amsterdam tournament on Friday.

The United pair are facing the possibility of suspensions which would kick in two weeks after the match as pre-season friendlies are counted as non-first-team games.

United, however, intend to appeal if violent conduct charges are brought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I feel so bad for Mark icon_frown.gif Ah well, he'll get over it in time for next year's thread.

I just want a decent midfield, Ruud to stay, and for us not to finish fourth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'll get 3rd, one decent midfielder, a domestic cup final...and you'll make the knockout rounds of the CL :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how am I doing so far amigos?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The Manchester United target Owen Hargreaves will make a public declaration today in an effort to bring his dispute with Bayern Munich to a resolution after he suffered another embarrassing broadside from the German club when the general manager, Uli Höness, accused him of "prostituting" himself.

The severe admonishment from Höness was widely reported in Germany yesterday and was clearly a humiliating experience for Hargreaves, who attempted to stand up to the Bayern official in front of his team-mates. A source close to the player revealed that Hargreaves was aghast to read about the argument in Germany's Bild newspaper yesterday. It would appear that Hargreaves, for whom United have made an offer of £17m, had been picked out by Höness in front of the whole squad for making clear his wishes to leave. The 25-year-old, who is suffering from flu, reported to the training ground yesterday but stayed little more than 50 minutes.

While he was there he was shown newspaper reports of the dispute which quoted Höness as accusing him of "prostituting" himself. Hargreaves left shortly afterwards. With the transfer window due to close a week today, the midfielder's hopes of a move to Old Trafford appear to be dwindling.

While sources close to the England international say that he is calm, he must also have to consider abandoning his attempts to engineer a move. With Bayern mobilising the German press against him, Hargreaves is due to make his feelings clear at an official club press conference at 3pm today. So far he has made his feelings clear in newspaper interviews but today could prove an explosive conclusion to the long-running saga.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

It doesnt matter how poor Park or Fletcher are when you have just found a 1989-90 patch for FM.

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=34204&page=1&pp=50 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You downloaded this yet ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know some people who have, has the class of 92 all in the youth academy icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Gaffer unhappy with display

Sir Alex Ferguson was disappointed by United's performance at Watford, despite it being their third straight victory.

The Reds battled resolutely against a physical Hornets side, but were not composed enough in possession for their manager's liking.

"I think we picked the right team, but we're still looking for a better performance," he told MUTV after United's 2-1 win kept them atop the Premiership.

"On the counter attack we needed to be better in possession of the ball. We're good at that and it deserted us. We needed someone to put their foot on the ball and enjoy passing it, and I don't think they did today."

The Gaffer conceded that Watford's physical long-ball tactics may have been at the root of United's performance.

He said: "The way they make it a box-to-box game it's difficult maybe to get the rhythm, but nontheless I thought we should have done better."

Despite being unhappy with the nature of the win, however, Sir Alex admits his players can be proud of the fighting spirit they displayed.

"It's a good result and I think they're all aware of that," he said. "I can sense in the dressing room that they realise they've had to battle to get the points.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't hammer home this point hard enough: let's just say the scousers and ec7 are right, and the deal MSI proposed with United had terms we found unacceptable. Do you

a) say "While he is clearly a very good player it was decided he wasn't required at the club."

or

b) say "He's a player Sir Alex greatly admires and would have loved to have added to the squad this summer, but unfortunately the terms offered by the selling club/MSI weren't acceptable at this point in time. Javier is a player we'll continue to monitor - Manchester United is always interested in players of that calibre"

?

I'm no PR expert but I think b) would be slightly more acceptable to the fans, no?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

Up yours Gonch icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut it you.

fergie >>>>>>>>>> keyser

fergie out tbh. icon_mad.gif

*still seething*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah i know i shouldn't really be giving the ticket to a scouser but he's a good lad really icon_wink.gif

I'm gettin stick from friends in Manchester too about how they can't get a ticket yet i'm givin mine to the scum! I may pop down to the wall on Sunday to introduce him to you all!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I've got no problems with FC themselves, nor really with the supporters, though i'll never actually fully understand their reasons, i can to an extent see where they came from.

Hating FC United just seems pointless to me. utterly pointless. I don't really care one way or the other about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi u tit, remember me? you should care more about cardiff than these scum ***** u glory supporting sheep shagger

• 2 weeks later...

So basically, Nick is the only one that thinks Jonah wasn't poor on Weds? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

opinion was pretty divided on the sanctuary, it's not just me icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

don't you have a seaon ticket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it at home? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah right icon_biggrin.gif

numbers theory etc icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Essentially what you are highlighting is our defensive midfield weakness.. which we all know about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But where are the impact subs? The subs that will change a game.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

love it if we get real, ruud and big dave coming home so good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too good. The Mika's of this world would be cheering for them.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">United complete Mascherano swoop

Manchester United have sensationally completed the signing of Javier Mascherano from Corinthians on a four-year contract overnight.

The Argentinian world cup midfielder flew to Manchester on Monday for secret talks and a medical before returning to the national team camp in London last night.

Mascherano said: 'I am delighted to have joined United, one of the biggest clubs in the world.'

The signing is a major coup for United after losing out in the chase for England international Owen Hargreaves.

Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill beat off interest from a number of English clubs, including Arsenal and Chelsea.

Mascherano added: 'When I was made aware of United's interest, naturally I was very keen to talk to the club and now having spoken to the manager, the chief executive and other people at the club I am very excited about this move.

'I am eager now to get going and do all I can for United. I look forward to meeting up with my new team-mates next week.'

'I spoke at length with Henize and Veron, players who have had the opportunity play with United and they have nothing but great things to say about the club.

'I am aware of United's magnificent support and I will be doing all I can to bring as much success as possible to the club for the fans to enjoy.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your "funny" wum going to be this transfer window?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Veron to Rvn in the pre season before he was sold possibly the best pass ive ever seen in my life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cantona sand wedge to Irwin vs Spurs > * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wmgs - 'This man is playing a game of his own'

For some reason, a pass Nicky Butt made in the 02 WC against Argentina sticks in my mind as well. It was about 40 yards and hit on the half volley. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember that too icon_biggrin.gif

I think it's because it really was brilliant and from that moment on for the rest of the WC everyone was creaming over Butt's passing vision and ability.

Then he turned crap.

Giggs-Ole-Ruud-Scholes

My top four in terms of actual influence on the team, skill, and general awesomeness. Could give a convincing argument to justify any of them as being my favourite really.

Then there's the cult list with the likes of Silvestre and Berg who are favourites in a different way :*)

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

[15] Larsson on United

Saturday, January 20, 2007

"United are the best team in England and at the moment they are superior to Chelsea, who have suffered a descent in comparison to the last year. For me each match with Manchester United is a challenge and a dream. I have scored in the FA Cup and now my desire is to savour a goal in the league, too. That is my immediate objective. A goal in Arsenal’s stadium would be magnificent for me. I am very excited about this experience with Manchester United. I had heard all the stories about this club but now I am living on the inside and it is spectacular. It is probably the best club in the world."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Henke icon_cool.gif

Hypothetical question time, would it have made any difference had Hargreaves played for us today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah don't think so neither. Both of their goals came from the right wing and the defenders were at fault. Hargreaves theoretically shouldn't find himself in the areas from where the goals came today anyway.

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I love that Citreon such a manly colour (I'm not being sarcastic).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still a Citroen though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi there is nothing wrong with Citroens, it can do over 100mph if need be.

If i oay it off early i might switch car sooner than before, looking at getting a Saab or something similar next, a bigger proper powerful car anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived