The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niggle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

With Kirkland being linked with various moves away it would at least seem to offer Steele a good opportunity of game time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kirkland is not west brom's player he was on loan there last year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just testing... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

You forgot Smith and David Jones icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, alas.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

It doesn't matter tbf, Alves >>>>>>>> Pennant. Pennant iafc.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes he is, but he is still a fb player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fb in an assisting sort of way? I disagree. Goalscoring? no. Running at players and knocking the ball behind for a goalkick, \o/*

*I never said any of this if Pennant ends up being fb. Never did I say a word. NOT A WORD YOU HEAR ME? I was of course in support of the signing of Pennant from day 1. Anybody can tell you the same.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Thoughts on Bardsley chaps...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See our responses when the other 2 Rangers fans asked on the last page icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

JUST **** OFF AND ****ING DIE O'SHEA YOU ****ING DICK

PIE-MUNCHING PADDY SCOUSE TWAT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pie ? Now I've never heard one being called a fecking pie before. icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Everyone in the world seemed to become a Liverpool fan that night.. even some fellow United supporters... urgh

I was the ONLY one in the pub not happy about it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my best mate "I got caught up in the moment", get ****ed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, exactly.

I heard the same excuse from some.. for me "the moment" was just hellishly horrible.

Especially with a loudmouth tw*t scouser standing right behind me who had earlier in the evening forced a United fan to abandon the pub just by constantly hurling abuse at him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That could have been me. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Park/Vidic/Evra not counting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB was posting the transfers from this summer so no.

And Correct me if i am wrong but although Glazer came before Park and VDS hadnt we already wrapped up those two transfers before he bought us?

Doesnt really matter like because Pip and Kleberson being sold accounted for money spent on them anyway.

Then Vidic and Evra came in for £12.5m and we have the other £6m from Obi Mikel plus the £3.75m we have profit from this summer that makes £9.75m and i dont think we will have paid £14m up front for Carrick so pretty much we are in profit.

I'm sure the money spent on Foster can be accounted for with other lesser known players leaving the club or even taking the Jones money when he goes to Derby,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

The TO has just pulled £36 out of my account...I'm assuming that means I've got a Charlton ticket?

Got rejected from Villa, so unless I get lucky with Pompey (FAC) & Watford (PREM) staying on GS/OU members by the time I get paid in about 10 days the next game I'm going to be trying my luck with is the Lille tie in the CL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think Pompey will sell out. I'd be surprised if Watford did either.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

The minute Ronnie went off it allowed Eboue to go forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This point has kinda got overlooked, think it's utterly crucial personally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The key in that situation is to maintain an attacking threat. It makes defenders think twice about joining in as they know they have to cover. If they do join in, it leaves space to be exploited in an attempt to get a second goal to kill the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that kinda covers it.

While I remember, I think I'm going to give JSP MOM for the industry and impetus he showed for 90 mins yesterday, and Rio gets 2nd for a very composed defensive performance.

Carrick gets an honourable mention for running the show in the first half. So very elegant at times. So does GNev. Rooney as well I suppose for being the match winner.

MOM: Ji-Sung Park

2ND: Rio Ferdinand

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I want two tickets for watford next to each other now :@ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mug Mart and Keith.

I think if we sign Hargreaves it gives us good options, from the most defensive (Carrick + Hargreaves), to the most attacking (Scholes + Carrick), with Carrick + Hargreaves somewhere inbetween. Plus you have the tactical considerations of playing Hargreaves if the opposition play a forward "in the hole", and equally, if there's likely to be lots of room in between the opponents midfield and defense, you'd want Scholes in there to wreak havoc.

It basically gives us good options without unbalancing the side whichever pair we choose, and I think we'll have enough games to keep them all happy.

Oh, and I'm on the side of cautious optimism.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Would Oldham or Bury fall under the catchment ruling now though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

afaik it's just an hour's drive which is the law, so all we have to do for players far away is give them very fast cars.

Ridiculous tbh, I'm sure there are some places in the uk without a pro club within 50-60 miles, and the smaller clubs like Bury, Stockport, Oldham etc are now purely in competition with us, getting only those not deemed good enough for us. Whereas I'm sure there are clubs with no competition in their area at all.

jesus christ.

new striker in the summer a must really, Saha just ridiculously unreliable. like the guy, he's very useful when on form but nowhere near good enough to tolerate these constant f**king injuries.

Fletch icon_frown.gif

is there where our luck with injuries this season starts to run out?

Mark is doing a 4 day trip (Mon-Thurs). Mum and Dad are already booked up. I'm very tempted, though Munich is the semis would be a better (and safer) trip.

I couldn't do all 3 aways. But, I don't want to do what I've done on 3 of the last 4 years and pass on a knock-out game expecting the next trip to be a better one icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

well that's fortunate we play a formation where he doesn't play alone at CB then?

I actually think he's done very well since coming in for Vida...

the vast majority of our uncertainty comes from lacking Neville's organisation/general awesomeness and VdS finally being struck by our post-Schmeichel keeper curse /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We looked good without Neville until Vida went poop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

The second letter also makes clear Tevez's current position and eligibility for West Ham after the club tore up the original third-party agreement with Joorabchian.

"The Premier League made it very clear to West Ham that unless it could be satisfied that all trace of any third-party ability to influence West Ham's policies or the performance of its team was removed, Tevez's registration would be terminated," said the letter.

"Assurances were received in a satisfactory form from West Ham. West Ham has assured us that it has terminated the contract."

So does that mean he's no longer connected to MSI?

Pretty please please please Fergie?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

this isn't the awards, it's just a debate on the categories?

red comet not paying attention. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair to him, not many people read Nick's posts. I know i don't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

you know, I'd love us to sign anelka </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've a good mind to stick you on ignore for that. icon_biggrin.gif

On better stuff, got paid early this month, so will be sorting that cheque tomorrow.

Has he got your address etc ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived