The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Jim, give me a game of pes later? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

perhaps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He only wants you as he can't beat anyone else icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He beat me last night icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Comet:

JOS to the right to replace Ronaldo then... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHEN JOHNNY GOES MARCHING DOWN THE WING

Update: 11 Minutes

Dong misses easy chance

Steele with a long kick out that clears the defence and lands to an unmarked dong who is clean through coming in at an angle. The keeper comes out and Dong tries to pick his spot from the corner of the 6 yard box and the keeper saves.

Rossi was also greatly placed and if squared it could have been a tap in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Why would we need Aimar? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to add to your growing list of non-tackling midfielders? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Oh and what Andy said.

Tempted to go to Oxford actually. Could go straight from the airport on monday back to my parents' house which is only 20 miles or so from the Kassam. Be worth it just to see their comedy stadium again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Heh, it's a small world. Here's the Ireland U-16 team that was playing that exact same night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: J. Murphy (Tranmere Rovers), I. Rossiter (Galway United), K. Foy (Notts Forest), J. O'Shea (Waterford Bohemians), J. Goodwin (Celtic), L. Millar (Celtic), S. Byrne (West Ham United), G. Dempsey (Everton), B. McGill (River Valley Rangers), D. McMahon (Newcastle United), A. Reid (Nottingham Forest). Sub. D. Warren (Mayfield, Cork) for McMahon (65 mins). </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif

Brian Kerr's wains. Incidentally that's the squad that won the European Championships. Horrifyingly, I think that bastard Ian HOOF Rossiter is the one with the most League titles out of that lot.

• 2 weeks later...

For £5 mill I wouldn't mind him but there is no way he would come to us & sit on the bench. Whenever I have seen him I always thought he was a good striker, nothing special but a decent player.

His goalscoring record in Italy is way better than I thought it was though. I don't want him signing for us though. Seems to much like Saha for my liking & if I signs I thinks it's either/or than both of them playing together.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Im gutted im away for celtic and arsenal, im unsure if i can even watch in france as they are well, french icon_mad.gif

ill have a wonder around bordeaux in a typically clueless english manner asking in broken french for a chance to watch the mighty reds ala euro trip me thinks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Je voudrais regarde Manchester United sil vous plais?" use that sentence, not so broken french anymore lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A sheppard herds the sheep:

talking bout first games and such. my first game i cant remember who we played but we won and the atmosphere icon_eek.gif it blew me away, it always does.

worst game i went to but funniest was the porto one when the knocked us out of the CL and a scholes goal was disallowed icon_mad.gif the fans (me included) started chanting "The referees a ******!!!" icon_biggrin.gif

i went to the city game when we won 4-2 a few years ago, were neville got sent off for head butting someone. then at the end we were chanting "10 Men! 10 Men and you still ****ed it up!"

icon_biggrin.gif oh the good times... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's confirmed then, you really are a tool icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I don't think you can be considered a top central midfielder unless you can stamp your authority on a game, whether that's in an attacking or defensive capacity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe we have different definitions, but I don't think a player needs to stamp his authority on a game to be a big influence. Makelele does lots of little things that nobody notices, yet is hugely influential, same with Gilberto. Yet I wouldn't consider that either stamp their authority in the same way as Gerrard, for instance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we obviously do have different definitions. For me, being a big influence is stamping your authority on a game, regardless of whether you do it by getting tackles in or running the game by your passing and creativity, or a combination of the two. It's not about neccessarily running all over the pitch a la Gerrard. To me your definition of Carrick was correct, quietly efficient and effective, but he needs something more to be a top player. He drifts in and out of the game too much, and the game seems to dictate what he does rather than the other way round.

Of course it's still early days, both in him settling in with us and that he's got time to improve his game, i'm not writing him off.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Moved to Manchester a few weeks ago and i'm lovin it so far. Was at the game on Sunday and just got an email confirming my tickets for Copenhagen, Portsmouth, Chelsea and Everton.

Got lost in Moss Side though on Saturday night, on my own and didn't get home til 8am and that's only because some taxi driver pulled over and told me to get in now cause i'm lucky to still be alive! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

take it not through offical channels(as in applying through the club) as chelsea and everton arent on sale yet?

any one heard anything on liverpool ballot?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Am I the only one not too fussed?icon_confused.gif

obviously it'll be worse being at the game but :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still bizarrely confident. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

usually when a pessimist is confident its a bad sign icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, like Keyser at Blackburn icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dutch Dave:

Remember, that if you guys really want Huntelaar, you're getting this too:

http://img.downstairs.cc/img/fd11fbe98f445ede75e8634930664c6c/huntelaar.gif

http://suprfile.com/src/1/395fjd3/huntelaarguzman.gif

http://suprfile.com/src/1/3cimn59/KlaasJanH2.gif

Especially the last one is brilliant icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Did you get a photo of your view in the stadium BBB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye fella, will upload shortly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/BBBOTF/view.jpg

There you go, Gonch, Park was far far worse than Fletch, FLetch wasn't even that bad tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong. he was *****

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It was right to sell Ruud, this debate is hella boring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong and yes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you'd have preferred us to have kept Ruud, him having scored a sackful in the premiership and in europe, but nobody else scoring, with us not being in the title race at all by now and already being out of Europe?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

icon_biggrin.gif Maybe being South American player of the year three times ffs.

Being your reserve player of the year for a couple of years probably better than that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not basing his game on the reserve league. I'm basing it on how fb he was in Italy.

When ever his team mates actually gave him the ball, he did somthing brilliant for the team.

It's just my opinion that i'd rather stick with Rossi than by another play of his kind in.

Archived