The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [15] More Rooney on Fergie

Thursday, June 29, 2006

"I've spoken to Sir Alex Ferguson a few times. He just wishes me luck; he's been very supportive from day one. He's always wanted me to play in the World Cup and he's really happy for me. Hopefully it will make me a better player for Manchester United because of the experience of playing in a tournament like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So hopefully those reports of a fallout between those to don't have any substance to them.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

been busy sodomising razzler, argel and some other half-troll/half-***** in the pollyticks threads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif sad little davvy icon_biggrin.gif

Please, no more of the playground "quips" - you certainly showed me !! icon_rolleyes.gif you just bore me icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Ronaldo looks the most likely to score. He's running directly most of the time and the defenders seem scared to commit themselves. He's gone close twice and the next one should be one target.

Giggsy's free-kicks have been crap, though his inswinging corners have been quite good. Carrick has been putting in some good corners from the other side too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shostfrock:

How does it feel to know your club won't win another premiership for atleast 10 more years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feels great.

How does it feel to know that you're lower on the food chain than joe_cole?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

I don't think Richardson's as awful a player as people make out, but he's not shown enough for us not to get rid in the Summer. The potential was definitely there and he was given a good loan spell and enough chances in the first team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has potential in that hes fast and can sometimes hit a ball hard. Nothing else. Mid-table Prem player at BEST.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Fletch soooooooooooooooo overated.

Really, what has he done that say Djemba or Kleb didn't do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back off Kleberson icon_mad.gif

Oh & to answer your question he scored against Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back off Kleb? Mate, I thought he was fffffffffbbbbb.

We beat Citeh at OT, 3-1 I think, in the league. He ran the fecking show. Should have had more chances IN THE RIGHT POSITION no less. Honestly, if he'd have been given the amount of games Fletch was he'd still be here, and a decent part of our squad as well.

I MAY have been drinking tonight btw...

tbh im usually very hateful twoards fletcher but there were so many things more hateable today.

the worst thing was seeing us play for a draw...against arsenal. thats just criminal.

wp on wengers part though tbh: realising that man utd would have teh ability to spread the ball to wider areas with the abysmol passing of o'shea and so they overcrowded it thus keeping most possession and creating a goal.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

My ballot result status for Liverpool: Unsuccessful

SHOCKER icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't Bother lad you'll lose anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry mate but I don't pick and choose according to games I know we'll win.

I go for the love of the sport/club. You wouldn't understand being a *******.

• 2 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

and if we win the group?

Barcelona probably... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barcelona or Real Madrid but thats just as hard as Lyon or Milan for me except topping the group would have given us teams like PSV, AEK Athens and Porto as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Does anyone know the status of Rossi? His loan was supposed to end of the 31st of December but since then i havent heard a thing about him. He doesnt even get included with the first team squad which is a bit strange considering he was in them all before his loan move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's not been included in the 16, but like i said before, for home games there is no 'squad' named as such so there's nothing to say he's not been in contention and just narrowly missed the 16.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

even if rossi goes to barca or milan he wont play any more than he would at man u so i dont see the point of him moving tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why not? They don't have Rooney? They don't play the same systems. They don't have the same manager? There's every chance he could get more games at another club if the manager has faith in him and wants to play a system that includes him.

For me, his problem at United is that he's too like Rooney. I don't think Fergie sees the two of them playing together...and I don't think Rossi would be willing playing 2nd fiddle. If I were him it'd be worth the risk of moving.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Yeah right lads, Mika having anything but utter contempt for a man thats not only played for, but CAPTAINED England. Pull the other one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumbled icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Can't read too much into it obviously, but he was just utterly abysmal against the Europe XI.

Smudge icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in the fact he ran around a lot and didnt actually touch the ball?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

If sitting in the ground for 90 minutes after fulltime means I don't get my face slashed then I am all for it.

Way to pretty to be scarred. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf mate, that gives the Roma fans ample time to drink and then ambush us.....

• 3 weeks later...

I love how a third of the stadium will be filled with people who couldn't give a **** either way about the result & those who are there just for the day out.

Maybe if they actually charged those people for tickets they could reduce the prices slightly for those fans wh oactually want to be there to watch their team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will be some of the Club Wembley seat that have had people pay upwards of £5k for the privilege to go to Wembley for 10 years, so that's closer to 28%

tbh the amount of 'football family' is ridiculously high. That is something that needs to be looked at, and save it for the community shield, when it is actually relevant. Don't mind the individual County FA's getting a couple of tickets each as in 90000 that's hardly going to reduce the capacity much. Do that, increase the clubs share to 30,000 each, knock £10/15 off the top 3 price ranges and bobs your uncle.

Give me the FA job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived