The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Except the season ticket is for me icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just £100 towards a season ticket.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

O'Shea happy in midfield

John O'Shea concedes he is happy to play any position for United in order to remain in the first-team picture.

The versatile Irishman, who started his career as a defender before successfully forming a central midfield partnership with Ryan Giggs last season, admits he would be delighted to remain in the Reds' engine room next term.

"I want to play as many games as possible for the club in whatever position that they want," he told MUTV. "I’ve really enjoyed playing midfield and if the opportunity comes up again I’m more then happy to do it."

With United openly scouring the transfer market for new recruits, O'Shea is confident that the right buys can give United a genuine chance of reclaiming the Premiership title.

He said: "The Manager brings new players in to make sure that we’re up to the challenge. With the squad we have a couple of new players we’re more then capable of doing it." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"We also have the quality and experience of Ryan Giggs so it can't be that bad.

"We have youthfulness in John O'Shea, who did a great job for us last year in that position, and Darren Fletcher, so we have some alternatives in there." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

makes me want to hit things

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

My first favourite player was the mighty Neil Webb icon_cool.gif He scored in the first game I watched and could do no wrong in my eyes...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knighton's goal was better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Season before I went, that was. Missed out soooo much icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but Knighton's kickabout was before the 4-1 thumping of Arsenal which was also Webb's debut.

icon_confused.gifCracking volley too (by Webb). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should have been clearer - Webb scored in the first game I watched at OT - a 1-1 draw with Leeds in 1990 (or maybe early 1991).

Wasn't that much of a cracker iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

at the very least Ibrahimovic allows you to go with 3 up top and get rid of ****ing O'Shea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think Scholes is up to bossing the midfield on his own, really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gómés:

A good move i think, i just hope we have a recall option on him when our first choice defence gets injured come September. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is mikaeitis contagious or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she what?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

So is it Giggs and Carrick in the centre tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably. What really irritated me on SKY just then Grodon McQueen running through the options in centre midfield:

"Park - Wide player, Fletcher - Wide Player icon_mad.gif..."

When will people learn that Fletch is 100 times better player in the centre.

• 2 weeks later...

blah blah blah indeed

Bit more on this ticket exchange lark - some fella on RI used it and the cost worked out thus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">North Stand Tier 3 ticket £27.00

Booking Fee...................£6.75

Delivery........................£4.99

VAT.............................£2.05

Total price....................£40.79 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And of that money, the 'seller' gets 85% of the ticket price, so £23 or so in this instance.

Basically legalised touting icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Giggs just go good.

Incidentally looking at other vids, Jesus some people overdo it with the visual effects sometimes icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love the song on that compilation \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which one? It has a number of different ones. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Missed an 's' pff icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha yeah icon_biggrin.gif

Be úber if we get Tevez and Hargreaves though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you wake up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh if I was dreaming it'd blatantly be Ruud back in the side ahead of Tevez :***) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and have us lose the attacking verve that we have now?

Ruud was a good goalscorer, but the side was shapeed purely to get the best out of his goalscoring. This side is shaped to get the best out of the team as a whole and we look a lot better for it.

We would not have won so emphatically against Fulham and Charlton with Ruud in the side.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

Alright lads.. do you guys want Hayden Mullins on loan for the year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha piping up despite the fact his club is nothing but a creche for chelsea icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate.. whens Hargreaves signing?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Oh and Fletcher deserves no kudos either, he was awful only Cronnie and Kay overshadowed him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

so awesomely wrong. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Why? Does he not have your permission to be out tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends if he is paying for his own beer. The sneaky bugger has my bank card </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOu left it tbh, I've not used it.

Jonny, that text was meant for stripeylad but I added your name by accident and instead of deleting it I sent it anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Owen Hargreaves is now close to recovering from a broken leg and is ready to beg Bayern Munich to let him join Manchester United when the transfer window opens on 1 January. (The Times)

Manchester United are also watching Atletico Madrid's Fernando Torres, who would cost over £20m. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United are ready to make a £12m swoop for Tottenham's Jermain Defoe. (Daily Mirror)

And Manchester United are also keeping tabs on Hamilton's 16-year-old midfielder, Jamie McCarthy. (Daily Star) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're clearly going to sign all of them. And Philip Lahm. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

oh, and a LOT less than £12m icon14.gif Like £5m

Lets face it, we ain't gonna get Torres, have to pay Ajax a MASSIVE premium for KJ Huntelaar and Villa will go Chelsea. Having Jermain (even though he's inferior to Saha) will still be a step closer to, dare I say it, attacking depth?

He's not worse than Smith. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the United transfer policy nowadays.

'Is he any good?'

'Not really, but he's marginally better than the shyte we've got at the moment.'

'I'll take him! Here's £18 million.'

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

Well, in 5 years if both are world class, will they accept rotation? Rossi Italy international no.10 and Rooney England international no.10. It would be like rotating Robbie Baggio and Totti at club level. icon_biggrin.gif

Nah,still think he's made for the scholes role. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we should sell Rossi in the next 18 months because he could become brilliant and then he wont accept squad rotation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, start putting him in the Scholes role during rotation.

• 3 weeks later...

Like father like son :*) Daz gets his first manager's job

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterb...h_united/6282425.stm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ferguson named Peterborough boss

Peterborough have named Darren Ferguson as player-manager, replacing Keith Alexander, who was sacked earlier in January after six straight defeats.

The 34-year-old former Wrexham player, the son of Sir Alex Ferguson, will have Kevin Russell as his assistant with Tommy Taylor as first-team coach.

"His experience at this level is a huge asset in our attempt to get promoted," said director of football Barry Fry.

Ferguson made more than 300 appearances for Wrexham after joining in 1999.

Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony said the board had thought long and hard before making the appointment.

"We spent nearly a whole day interviewing Darren and feel he is the man to take our club to the next level," he told the club website.

"I feel we have hired an ambitious young manager who shares our vision as to where the club is going and where it needs to be." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Nick can't talk, he had a pie last season at a reserve game icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at old trafford

DISGRACE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc, you did too, plum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's ********. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe there is photographic evidence of Mart consuming food at OT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is, though it's blurry.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

I told my mate to watch out for Bodmer as he was meant to be a bit good. While they were playing 4 4 2 i thought he was our best player, really terrible. When he was allowed more attacking purpose and positioning he was pretty quality tbf.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fairness to him he was just back from injury as well, might have affected his performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sure someone on here said tht they had scrapped the yellows cards making you miss the final thing now or did i dream that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a suggestion I think, either from someone on here, or from a low ranking Fifa/Uefa bloke.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Yeah, where was Ronaldo? will next season be the season he "does it" against big teams?

eff off the following

VdS - too old

Brown - too injured

Heinze - too crap, seriously do the Argies have a defender shortage?

Giggs - too old and too lethargic.

Die wasters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I ask what VDS has done wrong, please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

too old like it says. you need it explaining further? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VDS needs to die because he is too old? He has been fb this season.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

My appologies to whoever voted me to be like KR icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I voted for you in both. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure if that's icon14.gif/icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi mate, hope the ban ends soon

Thought you ought to be the first to know, apparently the deal for us to sign Michael Owen for £9m is all but done. Bookies are no longer taking bets. Thought it might take a while for the news to filter through down under. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings :-(

mark g </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

already sent before i saw your post Saha, sorry icon13.gif

Archived