The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Rooney didn't do much wrong, personally I didn't feel it was an intentional stamp. I might be wrong. I could forgive Ronaldo to an extent but if he wants off then good riddance, as long as we get a good fee.

I think he'll be a really good player, but he doesn't seem commited to us except that he's learned English. He has always courted or attracted the press about moves to Spain and his game is probably more suited to the continent.

Agree with others about Lampard being a shambles. Beckham has been mentioned in the press for being poor but Lampard was dire.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [1] Fergie on Rossi

Saturday, July 29, 2006

"We want to see Giuseppe progress as a centre-forward and it is looking more likely he will stay with us now." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he is trying to say is that it is less likely that we'll buy a striker.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nick's votes:

MOTM - Giggs

Runner-up - Fletch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why are you posting for the scoper twins? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has no net access and texted me to do it for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Do you hate Gerrard? Carragher? they bottled the penners IIRC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already cost the win by yet another United player iirc.

And Carraghers penner was spectacular. If only he'd waited for the whistle icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Second half was better than first half but I thought we were a bit wasteful and although we should be pleased with the three points we can't get over-excited because we were pretty lacklustre in patches. Anyway...

MOM: Gary Neville

2nd: Patrice Evra

Difficult choice because Evra didn't put a foot wrong this evening but neither did GNev, and I just felt that he offered a bit more going forward overall and that shaded the direction of my vote. Giggsy was in contention as well because apart from one occasion late in the 2nd half he didn't waste a ball all game. VDS's composure was important as well.

Can't say I was altogether happy with Rio and Wes this game, and although their second half performance was better than their first some sloppy marking almost let Defoe and Mido in. JOS put himself about a bit more in the second which was good to see, and other than the few first half challenges that he didn't win when he should've done he did okay. I think his height was important today just to make sure Spurs' big men didn't have it all their own way.

Saha should've converted at least one of his second half chances and Ronaldo could've made them work a bit more I thought. I'm a bit annoyed at their wastefulness compared to everyone else because they actually could've edged us further in front.

Carrick faded a bit in the second but he'll do better with more matches under his belt. Did show a few glimpses of what he's capable of. Richardson wasn't great and its understandable that he was first off. JSP did well as an outlet and holding the ball up before getting fouled most of the time. Fletch and Silv didn't have time to make an impact but the former has an ace through-ball to his name and the latter a timely intervention.

Good result but a pretty average performance apart from 2/3 individuals. We'll have to play better against Celtic and Arsenal but having Rooney and Scholes back should help in that regard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

After re-reading my posts from the Spurs thread i hardly think saying our central midfield was poor against Watford and Carrick needs to find a man more with his passes but will improve when he gets used to way people/the team play is Carrick hate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think its more the fact that you said that for the 5-10 minutes Fletch was on the pitch yesterday he was a better option than Carrick. And thats after Fletch playing one through ball that opened up the Spurs defence for Saha to miss and not a lot else before the final whistle went.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

icon_biggrin.gif yeah after your threat about if I didn't turn up ehat was going to happen so brought a bit of protection incase any "Big boy **** went down".

Nah was my housemate from uni , usually go with my uncle but he's on holiday. Just finished peppering him on Pro Evo actually with my United side minus Mr O'shea icon_cool.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yas icon_biggrin.gif

oh and who did you say we were? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just said u were lads who I talk about United with, who I see at the match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for calling you Ant btw icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Fletcher

Managed to watch the game in our local pool bar on Arabic satellite and was glad I did. One of our better performances of the season with Ronaldo causing havoc, making Steven Carr look particularly silly on numerous occassions.

Fletcher was solid, Scholesey his usually self, Carrick wasn't spectacular but did a job and Ole :*)

Steven Taylor ifb though, getting away with the handball then having a laugh with Fletch about it tickled me! A good win, just needed to cap it off with Rooney getting a goal but it wasn't to be.

Oh, and good to see us back on top icon14.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Argh, die ffs. Enter button is for making a new line not posting the fricking thing.

As SLA said, I reckon Smudger's worth holding on to. I don't ever see him becoming a first-team player but I'm happy to have him as a backup for the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im assuming for Ole that there were too many games in a short space of time, and they dont want to put to much pressure on him?

And i reckon *not 100% sure* that Rossi's loan didn't finish today? Either that or he didn't have enough time to come and train back with us?

So yeh, both guesses and it didn't help one bit icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fergie confirms Foster return

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Ben Foster will return to Old Trafford in the summer after spending a second year on loan at Watford.

Foster joined United 18 months ago from Stoke but has yet to make an appearance for the club, with Ferguson instead farming him out to Watford.

Foster has made quite an impression at Vicarage Road, recently forcing himself into the England squad, and Ferguson sees his long-term future at Old Trafford.

"Without question, Ben will come back here," said Ferguson.

"All we have done in terms of the goalkeeping situation is identify really good talent and secure their future.

"We know Ben has a good future in the game. He is doing well at Watford and, at his age, has everything in front of him, because I believe him to be England's best young goalkeeper."

Ferguson paid tribute to Hornets boss Aidy Boothroyd who has given the Scot regular bulletins on Foster's progress.

"I get a fantastic monthly report from Aidy Boothroyd, which contains all the detail about how he trains, how he is as a professional and how he is developing," revealed Ferguson.

"It is first-class professionalism from Aidy Boothroyd to take the time to go through all the games he plays in that month."

Premier League rules prohibit Foster from playing against his parent club when The Hornets travel to Old Trafford on Wednesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

christ. west ham as our last game. dunno if i could take that again :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at home this time at least. added possible bonus of relegating the c**ts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

Honestly, every "OMG GET OVER IT" post increases the idiot level of the said poster by 10%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

soooooooo... does that mean gonch is 240% idiot? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Wait wait wait wait wait a minute... that was Juni?

I literally had no idea icon_biggrin.gif It's always a dodgy one to ask though - 'Hi I'm Phil' 'I'm Ali - what's your username btw?' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention actually saying 'bee tee double yoo' :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

lets stop now. nothing but depression can come from it..

"a quarter of the way to death" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

Wow, three little characters can cause so much offence...

Clearly me posting '\o/' is indicative that I am at this very moment throwing an impromptu 'Silvestre's injured' party complete with commerative kidney shaped cake. In fact I planned this whole thing all along. It certainly WAS NOT a throwaway tongue in cheek comment posted on a random internet messageboard, along similar lines to ones made every minute of every day.

Gregg Carter, I don't know who you are so whether you think I'm 'a complete and utter cretin' or shouldn't be allowed to use the internet doesn't actually bother me that much. Judging by your recent posts I think you're a bit of a twat who doesn't have much of a sense of humour, but that's only been the last couple of days I've noticed you posting on a regular basis so I'm prepared to believe otherwise.

• 1 month later...

though it was one of richardsons better games for us, he was suited up against kazim richards in an odd pace vs pace, no skill vs no talent sort of match up.

also he wasnt at all tested meant he didnt get fk all of the ball and when he received those 5 yards under no pressure passes he managed to knock them back rather than do...attempt something clever.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Er wait, that doesn't work does it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope icon_biggrin.gif

we could do with more than just one point from our remaining 3 games...

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Ronaldo not nominated for YPOTY icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

criteria was deliberately set so he couldn't be nominated and it would be vaguely competitive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

The only other thing i can say is that we haven't fallen out like this since last summer when Ruud left, so i think it must be the influence of all the Anelka rumours, disrupting thread harmony. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the ramifications of Ruudgate still exist today. I don't think Mika is on speaking terms with several people in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did wonder if i was one of those when he mentioned it (see point b earlier) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, me too.

Christ, it's like I'm mark-lite at the moment icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ, i'm really sorry mate icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

no saha, would you?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

might if he was really cheap and was happy with not being a regular starter.

Archived