The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Aye icon_biggrin.gif

It all depends on how the SI guys are defining the term 'rival' really. Newcastle/Blackburn/West Ham come nowhere near meeting my definition of rival, and from what I've gathered from speaking to Phil and so on, that's largely the definition SI are going off. Might well be wrong there though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we've all seen the relability of that particular source today icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Players don't just turn like that. RvN wanted to win stuff, United didn't win much of note, no wonder he wanted to leave as early as 05. He saw the signs, the Bellions, the Djemba-Djembas the poor performances, the formations that left him exposed up front, the (at times) non existant service to him.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But he always said he was happy to operate as a loan striker and i for one haven't seen him miss as many blatant goal chances as he did last year. He will struggle to stay a regular at RM with their forward line.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Aye, it's that and then probably a winger. I don't think the striking positions look that much of a problem even without Ruud. Smith/Saha/Solskjaer/Rossi/Rooney is still, for me, one of the best forward lines in the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Que? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Massive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I think it's perfectly fair to do that, because in both cases I'm taking into account the guaranteed income/expenditure. The £13m is what Spurs are guaranteed, the £23m-ish is what we're guaranteed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can pretty much guarantee that with how tightly the Glazers are holding onto the purse strings at the minute, they are budgeting for £18m and if it doesn't reach that, great. Not the other way round. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't see any of these add-on payments being triggered that quickly, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're included in next year's budget. Appearances for us and England - you'd imagine that wouldn't be less than a full season at very least, and obviously payments relating to trophies won't be made until the end of the 2008/09 season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corrected

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gómés:

Due to cost cutting measures, we'll sign Pallister and Bruce, and if they don't workout there's always Blanc and Prunier </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We should re-sign Ian Ure.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

I just had the rather surreal mental image of Oliver Kahn stroking his chin whilst asking himself "one wonders how would we compensate for that." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And launching a pre-emptive strike on Belgium to make him feel better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

Just listen to David Guetta vs The Egg like me and everything seems fine again and the Hargreaves deal will be back on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha weird. I actually did choose to listen to that song about 10 minutes ago.

It's icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Fletcher's goal on Wednesday > any Richardson goal

broke the deadlock.. set us on our way... plus turning defenders inside out > *

Fletch icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KR's done something Daz will never do, though. icon_wink.gif

Scored twice for England in the same match. \o/

Tbh, I can't really say I'm a great fan of either player.

Park's okay, though. He'll do for me. (Mind, I was one of Diego's biggest fans. icon_biggrin.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'll be watching this icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be lucky like me and have a many many properties overlooking premiership grounds...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Anyone going the reserves tonight? Should be quite a few there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it at home?

(tried looking on website but cant find reserve fixtures.)

• 2 weeks later...

North Tier 2. I'm fairly happy tbh.

Been working it out.. and quite frankly I'm ******** it because my coach is "due" at Chorlton St. 2pm. Blatantly going to be hold ups on M6 etc... make it half 2 at least. Then got to get to the ground asap and collect my ticket.

Limited time at the wall /o\

• 1 month later...

true. tempted to give it to both jos and mickey - my initial impression on the night was that once the initial cross had gone over his head, mickey switches off totally and stands by watching as hutchinson gets the header in, but i'd have to see it again (more's the pity).

On a more positive note (hopefully), in his press conference Fergie said he'll be looking to play the same team tomorrow that massacred Bolton. 'mon more of the same </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would give it Mickey, but thats also because he was utter gash the entire night and gave the ball away on countless occassions.

I often wonder why people arent put on the line more often.. but the fact barely NOBODY ever does it suggests there must be good reasons which I cant fully appreciate (aside from the general problem of inviting a dangerous situation due to playing everyone onside) because I never see it happen.

I'm not going to criticise VdS for not wanting it

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Quite clearly going to be Kuszczak, Heinze, O'Shea, Richardson, Smith in.

We will lose 1-0 & will be 'unlucky' the young lads 'needed to gain experience' & we will just have to beat Benfica at home icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cue Russian linesman /o\

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Do you think I'd be able to trademark the 'O'shea sigh'.

It's a very specific sound made by an away end at a football match when they realise that their manager is throwing away any chance of getting back into a game with a nonsense substitution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so because the noise I hear/make myself is an inaudible nonsense of swearing, fist punching and general despondancy allround.

On a lighter note, just noticed I'm top of the OTF Utd thread fantasy league icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

No Martin, its aimed at the vitriol that is spouted by a few fans who think they are mightier than thou. I know no-one on here is like that, but there are others who take part in continued one-upmanship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're blatantly referring to the weststandred debacle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, what I said has nothing to do what is posted in here. It is stuff that some United (and other teams) fans I know down here who try and make themselves seem to be the better fan of their teams. More often than not they'll chat away to mates not paying attention to their team playing on the telly, and then they have the cheek to have a moan at me for not going to as many games as they do.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I hope the atmosphere at Spurs is good, people on RI are saying the United end yesterday was full of non-singers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparantly a woman with a kid left after 60 mins, full of tourists filming the game/taking pictures.

Applied for Fulham yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not going to lie, I haven't and not going to. Yeah you're a better United fan than me, you deserve more tickets, I take back the mocking and all that. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

You have mail now as well Jimlad, I might have rambled a bit. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably written one sixteenth of the average Jimlad post icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously it was a tad difficult adjusting to Mika in prose...cheers for that btw mate. Think you've got the idea that I'm looking at dates a year ahead of what I said in my email for the March and September start dates but to save the thread I'll email you tomorrow. Got some other stuff to do now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok no worries. Not sure about prose by the way, it was "Mika who had just got back from being at uni all day and typed the first thing that came to his head." icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, obviously any of us would have taken this at the start of the season (first 80 odd pages of this thread are pure GOLD in that respect), and to get where we are is just a fantastic achievement. I hope to god we clinch the league though, because (a) I can't see us scaling these heights so very consistently again and (b) the other major title contenders are likely to be able to strengthen more significantly than we will. Basically, if we don't win it, I think it'll hurt more than 02, 98 or 95 - only 92 would have been worse.

And I'm getting SO SO SO SO worried about the derby. Our traditional European hangover + annoyingly early Saturday kick off + citeh's cup final = potential disaster... :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

As a bloke at work has just pointed out, for someone who's having a shyte season according to the mongy british media, Rooney's 11 goals in his last 12 games aren't all that bad eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's scored more than Ronaldo this season icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

our 3rd european cup final since 99, is it not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ignoring the fact it's your second, if we win the league this season it'll be our ninth since '90, will it not? oh well, you're a decent cup side, can always rest your hat on that. :****) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was counting the waffa amigo :*)

I don't mind being a decent cup side right now. best days are in front of me. bet you wish you could say the same.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Wonder who will win?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fingers crossed for Richardson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I am actually curious as to what I say that actually offends you?

I mean I don't even call you fat, I call you tubby.

You do realise I am going to turn up first game next season with a sorry card & a bunch of flowers don't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tubby bitch iirc? Yeah it's that. seriously, stop it.

as soon as I move I'm going on a health food kick and will be cooking for myself, already started as tonight I tuck in to Cream of Mushroom soup :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like when you signed up to the gym? Or like when you got the exercise bike? Or like when you started running? You really don't help yourself.

Archived