The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

yeah but how many of them were in line for ypott? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really my point. but, by that rationale, the implication is that podolski went the entire tournament without diving or any other such carrying on. yeah right... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it isn't your point but it's perhaps the point of the guy making the decision? And pull the other one if Podolski was anywhere near as bad (and I mean 1/1000th as bad) as Cronnie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, hand on mate. you can't disassociate the two points - they're one and the same. singling out one player and excluding him from an award on the bais of his lack of "fair play" in a tournament that has been rife with such behaviour is ridiculous. saying one has done it more often than another so should therefore not be excluded is equally ridiculous. where is the line drawn? how much cheating is too much bfore you beome ineligible for the award? to have to ask such questions is farcical.

furthermore, there are three reasons why i know podolski has cheated during this tournament -

1/ he's german.

2/ he's a professional footballer (and has played at this world cup)

3/ he's german.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - Sponsored by Nothing Happening </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon15.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I'm not too keen on Ribery. Granted the World Cup is where i have seen most of him but still. He just seemed to have little end product for a Winger but seemed a half decent dribbler. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a perfect replacement

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I actually realised when I woke up that a small percentage of me was excited about today. Which really bothered me :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's called a morning glory mate, most blokes get that.

Although i wouldn't go into too much detail about how small a percentage we're talking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's just no comeback to material like that. icon_frown.gif

Gold, I tell you. Pure comedy gold...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Why do we have so many morons lately supporting United?

mentioning no names markggoodguyelmonzoolipepper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure which is worse - being put in the same category as those other two or getting labelled a moron by someone of BBB's calibre. icon_frown.gif

If Torres was to be signed, where would Rossi fit into the team in the future? Rooney and Torres would be first choice pairing up front I'd think so that would leave no place for Rossi unless he takes an attacking midfield position (but this requires some strength to help with defensive responsibilities in a 4-4-2) or either of the above do (highly unlikely I know)? Or then again he might be sold off to a team like Soton for a couple of million to ease the Glazer debt of course... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooooo im sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man Utd join race for Barcelona kid Merida

Manchester United have joined the race for Spanish teenager Fran Merida.

The former Barcelona junior is ready to continue his career in England and trained with Arsenal at the end of last season.

The Daily Express says Liverpool and United are also chasing the midfielder, rated the best Spanish talent to come through Barca's youth system since Cesc Fabregas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, I knew Fergie had his head screwed on after all.

This untried Spanish youngster who was released by Barca last year after not quite making the grade is the final piece of the jigsaw... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah its not because they "dont make the grade", its because the youth of barcelona is different to the main setup ie thats how arsenal got cesc and we got pique. but yeah i know how you're feeling mate

One thing I was impressed about tonight was how a lot of the young players knew eachother inside out from the reserves. You could tell they were very comfortable getting and giving the ball. There was a little bit of play down in the corner when Simpson, Gibson and Martin were all passing the ball to eachother with one-touch passes. Out of no-where Gibson dinked a superb ball over the top for Martin to run on too.

Judging by reports I was expecting Evans to be a ball-playing defender who didn't like to get stuck in, how wrong was I. He was strong and won nearly every header in his own box. But what I also liked was the way he won his fair share of headers in the opponents box too.

Sure it was a poor Celtic performance but the players did well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

a scouse mate and i were exchanging emails re: jose and his liverpool "barbs". the article he sent me in response was a bit of a laugh, but one line was priceless:

"van Nistelrooy, Keane, Pires, Campbell and Bergkamp. Of players in that class, only Didi Hamann has left Anfield"

i haven't stopped laughing in hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does put into perspective that United and Arsenal put their over the hill players out to pasture while Fowler and Hyypia still pick up a wage?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

I understand the point about having exciting players in the team but we still need a striker that will hold the ball up, win the ball in he air and who can score goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his name is louis saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

man the official site is dreadful, i cant find results from previous seasons for the life of me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

www.stretfordend.co.uk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thankyou sir icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Personally I think its no-ones fault just a great leap by Carvalho.

Carrick with his best game in a United shirt today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with PJ on these two points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They say that tickets at Old Trafford, which were subject to a minimum 12.5 per cent price rise this season, remain “undervalued†and will increase by a further 36 per cent by the start of the 2012-2013 campaign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wholeheartedly agree.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Oh and also, I usually have a bit of a sing when I get down to Hinckley matches but that's my choice - if people want to go to the game and not sing it dosn't mean they are lesser fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's a difference imo between not wanting to sing (understandable for some) and showing no passion or encouragement for the team whatsoever (which is what usually gets my back up, and generally tends to be combined with 90 minutes of whining and complaining).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Nah, I was thinking almost the opposite. That he kidded himself and the medics that he was Ok to return. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't quite sit right either. I'm assuming that to assess recovery they'll use sprint times and something to record stamina like bleep tests or lung capacity etc? It sounds like it would have to be a pretty serious lapse for that to happen if my assumption is correct, and if it's not i'd wonder why those things aren't being done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Can't wait to see a line up sporting Bale, Heinze, Evra, Silvestre, Richardson and O'Shea icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

VDS

G. Neville Bale/Heinze/Richardson/

Silvestre/ O'Shea/Evra

C. Ronaldo Scholes

Larsson

</pre>

icon_cool.gif

I think everybody in Ireland have said O'Shea is **** for a long time now.

• 2 weeks later...

Park was Park, energy good running and good touches pretty much completely offset by zero end product.

I can see why people like him due to his attitude etc, i do myself. But in terms of what he brings to the team, i've seen nothing to change my opinion that he's a decent squad player, but no more. And as Giggs's form slips again, we still lack someone who i'd be happy to bring in as a regular in his place if he can't get back to how he played in the autumn.

One other point on Park. I'm also a little surprised how he's given so much leeway when his end product is worse than Ronaldo's ever was, given the criticism he received.

i've got:

louis saha

alan smith

mark hughes

andy cole

dwight yorke

dion dublin

henning berg

teddy sheringham

keith gillespie

pretty sure they all have. one more icon_frown.gif

kankan has been suggested, i can't recall him scoring against us though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we might need a new feeder club lads, not really anyone very good there any more. i mean... tore andre flo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least your bigger then Chelsea then as they are after a few of our youth players icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

dole? phfft. i scrounge off my parents thank you very much icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, fair play to you then. As long as i'm not indirectly paying for you, keep up the good (lack of) work icon14.gif

And from the news this morning that reckons we have 500 gazillion pounds to spend this summer.

Deco - No, No, No. Hes 30 in August and the prices quoted at £15m are just stupid.

Richards - Yes please. Young, Athlectic, Vidic like in the air and could be the perfect Neville replacement that completes our defence in the long run.

Sneijder - Yes for the right price. Hes still young and i'm sure we can improve his game.

Simao - I wouldnt want to pay £15m+ for him but the idea of a winger like him is music to the ears. We need another flyer for the wing.

It also seems Rangers and Villa are going to try and get Pique on loan next season.

And considering a few were fans of Reo Coker last season would any of you touch him with a bargepole now?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

For those who didnt see his Livorno goal.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/Parma/video/x1nhtf_gi...ossi-goal-vs-livorno

Remind anyone of a certain goal scored in 96? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only in the way that the keeper came and fumbled/poorly punched the ball out to the edge of the area and it was volleyed superbly back into the net through a crowd of about 4 million players icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I just wanted to point out that I've seen you post nothing put abuse / put downs at Martin for ages.

Whilst we all like to take the p*ss out of the lame c**t we do at least try and make it clear we actually think he's OK from time to time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously when?

I jsut scanned back through the last 5 or so pages & there is nothing I can find.

Maybe my posts just stick out because you value my opinion & intellect?

Oh & I do think Martin is okay occasionally. Usually when he isn't near me icon14.gif

Archived