The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

rio actually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

errr... no. plenty of others you could have named, but not rio. 30m for one of the worlds best centre backs with years ahead of him, not a bad piece of business at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf, given that the transfer market was collapsing, and that Leeds were financially screwed at the time, we paid at least £5m over the odds for Rio. Nesta and Cannavaro moved for about £33m combined, that same summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rooney 'gobsmacked' by red card

Striker Wayne Rooney said he was "gobsmacked" to be sent off for a stamp on Ricardo Carvalho in England's World Cup quarter-final against Portugal.

And he insisted he was not angry with Cristiano Ronaldo, who appeared to encourage the referee to send him off.

"I want to say absolutely categorically that I did not intentionally put my foot down on Carvalho," said Rooney.

The 20-year-old added: "I bear no ill feeling to Cristiano but am disappointed he chose to get involved." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A snippet from Wayne's first interview since Saturday. Appears to back up Ronnie's comments.

Any money available could be used to finance a move for any one of a host of stars expected to seek an escape route from Juventus who were relegated to Serie B for their part in the Italian match-fixing scandal. "We held things back until we knew what the Juve situation was," Ferguson told the BBC. "Now we know where we're going in terms of making inquiries and maybe definite offers for one or two players." One man who won't feature at Old Trafford this season is Dutch international striker Ruud van Nistelrooy who was due to finalise his 14-million-euro (18 million dollars) transfer to Real Madrid later Tuesday.

:*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Can you take your lovers tift elsewhere.

Anyway hope the Javier rumour is true! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how are you going to be able to afford mascherano and carrick tbh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will just take Mascherano at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what happened to all the theories that abramovich and his cronies arranged the moves for tevez and mascherano and so they basically controlled the contracts? all crap? because that was quite a widely held belief for a lot of people and I don't see chelsea just letting you take a player of his quality if they have any control over the matter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'm the only person that's refused to get MUTV then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I answer 'no' have I legally incriminated myself?

Um, I can see the game out the window...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

It's always amazed me how someone so thin can have two chins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>have you seen the photos of her at Jeremy Piven's birthday party?

absolute **** icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KennyEire:

As I said in the other thread, anyone who thinks that was a sending off is spasticated </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

a fletcher/carrick combo would be as soft as **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fletcher's a better tackler than Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a better tackler than Scholes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you agree with me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rarely disagree with you tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought you were a sensible chap icon_biggrin.gif

Until you thought procreation was a good idea, of course.

And i mean a good idea generally, it wasn't a personal dig (for once).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Anyway icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Sir Alex Ferguson commented: “Mikael...has a central role to play in the first team."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs the new midfielder is Micky?

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie on retirement

Saturday, September 16, 2006

"Retirement? You must be joking, especially when you consider that the alternative is to stay home with that wife of mine."

"Cathy says if I retire, she is heading back to Glasgow." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

palour.....mistake by sylvestre.....wiltords got plenty of pace....ljungberg...(giggle).......its freddie ljungberg AGAIN....pushed out by bartez.................WILTOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR........D............arsenal have scored yet again in the premiership, and this could be the most crucial goal of all icon_smile.gif

cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Two goals for Mr No End Product tonight, keeping his form going icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

The most disliked person who has ever wrote on this thread is back icon_smile.gif I cba going on about Glazer's all over again but here are some of the answers to the previous questions.

- Dad dislikes Glazers but isn't a protester or anything like that.

- I went to final in '99 (I were 7)

- I hardly own any United shirts and don't do all that other crap like buy a coke and take photos. (I thought that comment were pretty funny)

Im not on for long so if you are planning on slagging me off, do it quick! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not saying you are a liar but if every red who told me they were there in '99 had actually been there I imagine there would have been about 300,000 inside the stadium. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite true, in Febuary of that year had a choice between Inter away in Q/F or leave it and see if we got to the final, and being incredibley niave I choose the first option. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Wigan

Blackburn

West Ham

Villa

Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, you must be skint - I bet the presents you have bought for people for Christmas are ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

West Ham is a swap with James07 for Villa away, only have to pay for Newcastle.

fwiw, I have no parents, well my dad but he'll be easy to get presents for, best mate is getting 24 series 5, brother getting JJB vouchers, auntie, feck knos </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you have to pay for Wet Sham even if it's a swap?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I know what you mean, when push comes to shove Leeds are probably number one on my hate list too. There's no way I could want them to be ever promoted like BBB and 07 want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

look at City since theyve been back up ffs.. beaten us in half the games.

all rivals must constantly and forever do as badly as possible icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just browsing the FC site and they don't half sell alot of *****, I mean selling pictures of matchday ffs. What are the FC fans thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as long as the funds are being re-invested in the club and/or their community projects (and i assume they are) then i don't see the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Nick - what did Bennett do wrong? The only thing I could see wrong with him was booking Ronnie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i would say not giving Henry his penalty </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that one in the first half where he colappsed with fear with Vidic in the vicinity? **** off. if that was ronaldo, drogba, etc everyone would have been howling 'dive' but not with st. thierry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

So many twists and turns yet to come - its football ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speculating is what makes it fun though. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

A win is a win. And it's all that matters really.

Lack of standout performances today.

oh yeah, Richardson came on and basically had 3 touches.

One successful pass 5 yards sideways.

One ridiculously hopeful shot from 35 yards that flew well wide.

One pass to a Charlton player.

SO USEFUL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

in other, slightly worrying news, Magnus Wolff Eikrem (our 16yo Norwegian midfielder, the one Ole recommended) has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes :/

hopefully something he'll be able to adapt to and cope with, he's very very promising but very lightweight and this might well set him back a bit. he's been compared to Scholesy a bit - both small and relatively lightweight but with great technique and ability, and now both with an ailment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Diabetes is easy to control. My brother has both type 1 and type 2 diabetes and he's able to live with that. Magnus will just need to keep a track on his blood sugar which is not that hard, just a ***** of the finger occasionally. Also because he's active and relatively fit he'll find it easier than others to keep on top of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really Gregg, I mean lets face it, we were bloody lucky, the pessimism is well-founded.

But quite frankly, I don't give a toss atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt say all did i.

I know you're gonna be one of the ones who think "yay, lets all go together" then sneak back to his warm embrace of pessimism quicker than you can say "YAAAAAS."

Haha Keyser icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah it's crazy, I was there there when the woman said it to my mate, unbelieveable. Plus he's about as anti-political correctness as you can get and wasn't impressed.

Also one of the mature students was saying that her kid came back from school the other day having being taught to sing "Baa baa white sheep."

Crazy world.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if it happens i'll have to go to the damn sheff utd game now bah </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll offer my sister in exchange for someone's ticket icon14.gificon_wink.gif

no chance. she's sound, sings loads, knows her stuff, but erm, no, i'm not going to be insulting, she might post here icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah right icon_biggrin.gif

still, you would, wouldn't you?

• 4 weeks later...

So i just saw all your teams out of the ones who finished ahead of me. Every last one of you has a player from one of the teams that were supposed to be off limits when i actually set my original team. I kept to that, you lot didn't. Therefore i'm the moral winner icon14.gif

Well done me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

How utterly random from goldenspike there icon_confused.gif

He's about 3 and a half years behind in the quotage as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh I find that quotage one of the most ironic things on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived