The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

No, don't bother Nick. We have found the leak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that how MI5 do it?

And James, what are ICF / ICJ 'issues'?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't care who we get in midfield next season or how much they cost.

As long as they are world class.

The likes of Giggsy, O'Shea, Fletch and Smiffy are not world class in the centre. Although I think we did well to finish second we could have won the title with a couple of players like Gattuso or Maschareno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

actually 98-99 (I may have forgotten someone important) doesn't look that strong in terms of depth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't. Remember the Champions League final (and no, this is not a cue for wrist-slitting nostalgia btw).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Look, I won BOTU, User of the Year and this thread's hearts without a question mark. I can do it again icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ever watch the tour de france? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explains it. If you did, you'd see that the descent back down the mountain happens far quicker than the initial climb up it.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Remember that both Carrick and Scholes are missing, which hopefully won't be too often this season.

Against Charlton and Watford Fletcher and O'Shea would be fine. They just need to get the ball out wide and to Ronaldo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except in my team he won't be there, he's in the middle icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Giggs proving mark g INCREDIBLY wrong

I'd probably kill myself if we sold Giggs and Fergie came out to explain it.. "well it was either him or Richardson" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blame Mika, it was him who said we had to sell 5 players icon_biggrin.gif

And he was pretty good in the first two games, which were against FULHAM and CHARLTON. I didn't see today, but even if he was fffffb, it was against WATFORD. Let's wait and see if a) he can do it for more than say a month or two, which apart from the end of last season and a couple of months before he signed his new contract a couple of years ago he hasn't managed for years, and b) if he can do it against some even half decent premiership teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but Richardson was awful when he came on. So you're reasoning is, basically, rubbish icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The 22 year old is thought to have a clause in his contract, which states that he can leave the club should any of the teams that have finished in the top three of the Premiership in the previous season make a substantial bid for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That rules Arsenal out then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As stated in the article>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

ffs Beckham is ffffffffb. Would love him at Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? We'd get the odd brilliant through ball and free kick goal if Thierry let him take them, but he'd be one-touch crossing it every time, and we can't and simply refuse to score any kind of goal from a cross.

If he'd be content with staying on the training ground and showing Eboue how to cross then absolutely. icon14.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

FAO NickOGS20, I know you're waiting for me in the pub, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

i can see it now - they'll say there's a few tickets left for Benfica, and they'll all be £50 quadrant hospitality ones, leaving me with the choice of paying that or going without and losing the right to apply for aways /O\

only myself to blame tbf. no way i can afford £50 right now though.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm gutted we crashed out of Europe tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was a bit gutted when the cska scores popped up icon_frown.gif ****ing russian chokers. didn't make a difference in the end but i didn't know the arsenal - porto scores then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

“ In the end I played a little bit extra, waiting until play was at the Kop end, before sounding the final shrill blast - a bit like the Last Post. The fans behind the goal burst into spontaneous applause. It was longer and louder than normal, even for a big home win. Did they know it was my final visit? Was the applause for me? They are such knowledgeable football people, that it would not surprise me. â€

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugg off you hideous creature </div></BLOCKQUOTE>bahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

ah, looking back, it was pj, and he seemed to be seriously thinking signing barton plus about four others was a possibility. must have been BATTERED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't advocating signing Barton, just saying he was linked in the papers. Was advocating signing a similar number of players to those that were linked yesterday (+1) as being a fantastic transfer window.

• 2 weeks later...

Plus all the Liverpool fans are from Liverpool and all United fans are from Devon etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But i am from Devon dumbo icon_razz.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

tomorrow so irrelevant imo, wont be too down if we lose. would still be nice to be 1st team at the new wembley mind. i reckon 1-1 with us out on penalties. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs, and if we do play a fringe team, extra would be good to give them more match fitness.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

Not arguing with that.

I took a striker of a similar weight and height to JOS and compared their stats in that Actim Station on the Premier League website.

JOS, it turns out is a far better striker than James Beattie.

Conclusive evidence there I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a better finisher than Rooney. icon14.gif

I felt strangely calm in the Turin game. Felt we'd do enough tbh.

Whereas I shat myself in the final, gave up the ghost 6 minutes in. Sat with my head in my hands, didn't even move for most of our chances. Then went bezerk when the goal actually came, and came close to missing the winner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you've broken down my personalty and psyche and you've figured me out! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i love how every **** resorts to this ... hit a little nerve did i Nick, Jnr ?

• 3 weeks later...

just watching an interview with Kaka on SSN, basically kissing our arse again ("they play like a Brazilian team, not like Liverpool" etc). couldn't be any more blatant that he wants to play for us, make it so Fergie.

Ok, well it was a valid argument in my eyes! icon_biggrin.gif

We've now got 9 players who could arguably make the first team in most midfields (I refuse to include Richardson in that statement) and you're worried about having 3 top class centre backs! Not that I'm complaining about the mass of talent now icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Anderson insists his dreams have come true after Manchester United struck a deal with Porto for his services.

The 19-year-old Brazilian will join United subject to medicals and a work-permit - and although he does not qualify automatically for a permit under UK rules, he is almost certain to gain the required permissions on appeal.

Anderson has long been tracked by Chelsea - who have been watching him closely for over two years, but United have swooped to secure his signature along with Nani of Sporting Lisbon.

Both players are rated amongst the best in the world for their ages and Anderson admits he cannot wait to link-up with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

"Manchester is the club of my dreams," stated Anderson to Gestifute.

"Gremio was my first club, but soon I followed to Porto but it still has a big place in my heart, it is a club which is very important in my life - but the fact is I have dreamed of playing for Manchester and now that is realised."

Anderson is arriving in a deal worth more than £15 million, but he insists he does not want to think about a fee - only about his future at Old Trafford.

"I know my value, in Manchester I will carry on the work that have developed with Porto, but I want to get better and realise my dreams," he said.

"I am prepared for everything - my motivation is great and the fact you can be in the same team as a great player as Cristiano Ronaldo as well as Rooney and many others, and to be trained by Alex Ferguson is just something that you could only imagine - but now I will realise this.

"What can I say, this is the biggest dream in the world!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I still think we should look at David Nugent as well tbh :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The guy sitting next to me at the Roma game was very keen for us to sign him when I was talking to him about potential signings at HT. I've only seen one or two Preston games so haven't formulated enough of an opinion on him to say whether or not he has got the potential to play for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's obviously SO difficult to judge how anyone would make the step up from Championship to Premiership level, but I lived with a Preston fan for a while and saw quite a bit of him, and he's really, really class. Strong enough to hold the ball up and get his head on things, but quick too and good with the ball at his feet. Decent finisher to boot. His link up play could be better, but he's still young as well, and who knows what he'd pick up playing and training with the likes of Scholes and Ole? A mooted price for Everton was around about £5 million, and I just think it's worth a punt on a guy who clearly has raw talent to be harnassed, and also would fully accept being part of a rotation policy.

• 2 weeks later...

nelly had started to become tolerable before disappearing for a while. must have gone away to recharge his numpty batteries </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought some of those once. I had to get them destroyed.

Archived