The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Maybe it is just me, but I really can't see where the defending of Ronaldo has come from?

He has blantantly acted on pure selfishness against memeber of his own football club who pay his wages. He did it to Rooney and he did it to Gary Neville. If he thinks that all is going to be forgot and forgiven when the season comes, then he is still very immature and that is just something that we don't want.

If he is still at our club at the end of August, I am personally going to hunt him down and shoot him on his doorstep. Yes the guy showed where his heart may be, but winning games in that manner doing something which you shouldn't have got involved in was just plain idiotic and something which many people, including you lot have wanted to stop/be cut out of the game.

Rio, Gaz, Rooney and Ruud shold take it in turns kicking the crap out of him in training now, especially if it turns out he might be leaving the following week or something.

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he should have just given the ball to those players as much as possible, he should have helped ensure that England go out and Portugal lose, after all, an English club pay his wages icon14.gif

At the end of the day, he knew Rooney was easy to wind up, they ensured he got wound up enough to get sent off. Its sad, but its part of the game. Surely we should be looking at Rooney's temprament and how we can stop him overreacting like he does rather than just blaming another of our players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

listen, ive never said this before...but im starting to think fergie IS past it. i hope i can eat my words in may </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When me and you start thinking that you know something is wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Really? Arsenal used to be a lot financially weaker than you but Wenger did a good job catching you up... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but there's a bit of a difference. Chelsea have at least £500 million, we owe £500 million. So essentially we're a billion pounds worse off than them.

A bit more than 'financially weaker' really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give up then icon14.gif

Just for interest, what is the amount of difference there has to be before you make second your aim? icon_confused.gif

Seriously though, for anyone to overtake Chelsea would be a magnificent achievement - its not impossible - realistically, they won't improve much further than last season, and Champs League effort could distract them -winning the treble was an incredible achievement. Liverpool winning the Champs League from 3-0 down was unbelievable...

Catching Chelsea is more than possible...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> New shirt goes on sale

United's new retro home shirt went on sale worldwide on Thursday morning.

The new-look retro kit - featuring new sponsor AIG - had been on sale exclusively in South Africa to celebrate United's pre-season tour, but is now stocked across the globe - including at the refurbished Old Trafford Megastore.

The Megastore has been massively redesigned during the close season and is now a more modern, convenient shopping experience.

To celebrate the dual launch, those who buy the home shirt from the OT Megastore can take advantage of a 2-for-1 tickets offer to the clash against UEFA Cup holders Sevilla on August 12.

In addition to the special tickets offer, four days of activities between Thursday July 27 and Sunday July 30 will celebrate the Megastore's redesign.

First-team squad members including Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be present on July 27, and a day later a selection of United legends will be in attendance.

United Soccer Schools will be giving lessons to eager students on July 29, before the celebrations are rounded off on Sunday July 30 with competitions for younger Reds, one of whom will get to be United's mascot against Sevilla!

If you can't make it to Old Trafford, you can also buy online at the United Megastore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

Manchester United are poised to bid for Brazil and Inter Milan striker Adriano as Ruud van Nistelrooy's replacement. (Various)

30 mil is the number being thrown about... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it happens, it will be interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I doubt Fergie has that much left to spend under the current regieme

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

You'll literally explode after we beat Watford 5-0, won't you? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't say that...it's going to be 0-0 now with United hitting the woodwork 13 times (10 times by Park alone)

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

How come? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't want anyone sitting next to him, enabling him to make his escape at the 80 minute mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a distinct lack of leaving early jibes at the wall on Saturday icon_frown.gif

OH MY ****ING GOD!!!!

We now have only one ****ing true winger and that's Ronaldo icon_frown.gif

Jesus. Basically our attack on the wings as of now will be only one sided since Richardson can't beat his opponent even to save his life and Fletcher playing on the wing is like basically playing in 10 man.

Geez.

And i don't care what James/Mark say, Park is basically our 3rd winger and a perfect backup in case Giggs/Ronaldo are injured/suspended/out of form and he adds a different type of attack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Saha KO puts Fergie in jam

By PHIL THOMAS and NEIL CUSTIS

September 23, 2006

LOUIS SAHA is struggling to make Manchester United’s televised date at Reading this afternoon.

The Frenchman limped out of training with a tight hamstring on Thursday and missed yesterday’s session.

Now striker Saha, 26, is a major doubt for the clash against Steve Coppell’s outfit, leaving Sir Alex Ferguson with another injury headache.

The United chief is already without Ryan Giggs, on the sidelines after pulling his hamstring in the Champions League win over Celtic.

Park-Ji Sung is also out for three months after damaging ankle ligaments.

Saha, 28, has revelled in his role as United’s spearhead striker since the departure of Ruud Van Nistelrooy and has played all six games so far, bagging four goals.

Saha’s absence would put more responsibility on the shoulders of Wayne Rooney, whose form has been called into question in recent games.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I would've had the Wigan ticket but you can let the perv have it seeing as he called it first.

Keef you going to Copenhagen home or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you work saturdays dumbass icon_razz.gif

and yes you can have the copenhagen ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Superstar icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

really dont understand the continual ruud love it, sure good player for us. treated the club and the fans with utter distempt at the end of his career with us, acted like a spoilt little bitch and effectively walked out on the club.

gnev ftw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was all the fault of Quieroz Jules icon_mad.gif

Now apologise & draw a line under this little discussion.

So last night eh, ****ing typical for us to take it easy against Copenhagen and then watch things turn worryingly bad. I still think we will qualify but you never know.

We should have fielded a full strength side against Copenhagen and wrapped up the group to allow us to field weakened teams in the next two if wanted. We didnt and now this has gone against us.

The game itself was one where we started slow which i always hate because then if you need to raise your you cant. I'd rather a fast start and put teams to bed luike we were doing in the league and then relazing into a slow pace.

We controlled the game from start to finish and were clearly the better side. I think we were taking it easy both because we could and we have Chelsea on Sunday. It clearly seemed to be the game plan and Celtic were more than happy to sit back and just hoof it long to our defenders.

VDS himself cant be faulted. I think he is awful with free kicks, be it setting up his way to getting across to them but last nights was unstoppable. The minute it was given i knew it was going in.

The defence wasnt really troubled at all. Heinze was goodalthough i prefer Evra in the attacking third, i just like Paddys one-two and overlap thing but i love Gaby and it will be great to see him back to fitness and reminding us all how good he is.

Neville spent the whole match in the Celtic half i think, he really loves getting forward these days. I think hes been in the box more this season than in the rest of his career combined.

The centre halfs were fine, Rio had a couple of moments were VoH seemed to get the better of him but they came to no harm and the foul for their goal wasnt a foul in my eyes. I dont think Vidic touches him.

The midfield was good. Scholes had everything going through him and was his usual good self, Carrick sat back and offered an outlet all the time even if he did panic once or twice and hit a few sloppy passes. Giggs did well with the movement and ideas but i didnt think his passing nd overall link play were on tonight. Ronaldo was a fantastic outlet as always with some great runs.

With the forwards i thought Rooney a bit poor but that was more due to his position in my eyes. Saha was also a bit poor but i think he would have done better with another man up there taking defenders away.

We did win the penalty which i still havent seen a picture of so cant tell if it was handball or not but i just had that feeling Saha would miss.

As far as i know i think Ronaldo was elected to take our spot kicks when we sold Ruud and i would like him to take them now. Saha took one in his absence and scored so he got to take the next and the next but he goes to the same spot everytime with a lazy arsed side foot. I always think you give the keeper more of a chance with a slow placed side foot.

These things happen though, you dominate a game and lose, they dont happen often but it id last night. I was hoping to console myself with Ronaldo getting star man because i did think it between him and Scholes but the Sun gave it to Nakamura. Did they not watch the game? I thought Star Man went to the best player not someone who did **** all for 90 minutes and then scored a stunning free kick.

Hopefully the tempo is back against Chelsea and we play to win instead of having an Arsenal play to stop them scoring and hope to nick a goal thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER UNITED V SL BENFICA, Wednesday 6 December, kick off 19:45

All tickets have now been sold, however we strongly recommend that you keep in touch with this site as there is a possibility that a further allocation of tickets could be released for sale on the lead up to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick won't be too happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why not??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If you turn up with a jester hat and an airhorn I will shove it straight up your arse and get Razor Eddie to sodomise you.

Shouldn't be a problem with Bolton/Blackburn either, will let you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif SO tempted to do it now, just to see the look on all of your faces. I'll not even be wearing a replica shirt actually - will be sporting my Cantona Mancunian Dollar t-shirt.

Will let you know which of the two matches it is in, oooh, 6 days, once I've confirmed other plans. You're a legend, as always mate icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

it's a fact that Evra last season was a useless piece of meat in the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, it's not

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

well for a start I have to get three at a time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't aimed at you in particular, Ant. icon_biggrin.gif

Admittedly, more than one ticket at a time would be more difficult.

Having said that, however, I got 4 tickets through my local branch for the Benfica game.

• 2 weeks later...

Milner cut in from the newcastle right and fired one top corner, keeper couldve done better.

Dyer had a flick on in the box that was just a decent header from the corner from the right, so unless he was the person meant to be marking dyer wasnt really.

Not sure for the Siberski goal.

• 4 weeks later...

FA Cup 6th Round Middlesbrough v United, Riverside Stadium, Saturday 10 March, k.o. 5:30pm

Ticket prices and allocation are still to be confirmed, however due to the shortage of time registrations for both Executive Members and qualifying Season Ticket holders will take place from 9am on Wednesday 28 February through to 5pm on Thursday 1 March.

Ballot results will be available from Friday 2 March.

if we c*ck this up tomorrow thanks to resting players on top of having a few injury absentees I'm gonna be extremely annoyed

should just go straight for the throat, impose our game on Lille, get a couple of goals, and cruise through. DO IT FERGIE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Seems that we'll get a huge allocation, ground holds 80k, should get maybe 7500? Should get a ticket hopefully, though getting there is the issue icon_biggrin.gif

Bagpuss road trip ftw icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be dead by then anyway once Crespo Lover has smashed your pig face in icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed :*(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

who was that french keeper who played in the munich testimonial who kept on coming out of goal etc and was generally funny?

should have got him in for this game (although he is probably about 40 now) or barthez. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can't remember his name, and no amount of googling is helping icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pascal Olmeta \O/

http://red11.org/mufc/matftest.htm

Nothing is going to happen though and he'll be with us next season as well.

What ruddy well annoys me is all this gumph about how players should want to leave and go to Real Madrid or Barcelona because they're the "biggest clubs in the world"

We're just as fecking big as them.

As Gordon McQueen famously said "Ask all the players in the country which club they would like to play for and 99% would say 'Manchester United'. The other 1% are liars"

• 4 weeks later...

Why did Fergie put out that side? Hard away game against one of our bogey sides?

That defence just doesnt inspire confidence in me. And VDS shocking. He was at fault for both goals.

Giggs was Richardson. Both sh!te.

Just awful from us and we didnt deserve to win it.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

**** off borough, hope they get relegated next season, im sure that will happen with shithouse southgate in charge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It deserves to happen too when he shouldnt even be a manager at all in the first place.

Yeah I liked giving both Heinze and Carrick 4s and Fletcher a 5. They have some random ratings sometimes, think it was Arsenal at home last year when they gave Vidic a 4 despite pretty much everyone else having him as a MOM contender.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by titchuk:

Dunno whether I want Milan or Liverpool to win in the final now we're out.

On one hand I'd hate Liverpool to win, but Milan annoyed me on Wednesday and Liverpool are British...

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

plz throw yourself off tier 3

• 2 weeks later...

Archived