The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pago:

so ruud isnt playing now. so his value wont go up. hopefully no-one will want him now so fergie will be forced to keep him. saha will inevitably get injured and ruud will have to step up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty much what im hoping for minus the saha injury.

the only way i see him staying is if no one comes in with a bid near our valuation rather than fergie genuinely wanting to keep him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Well personally I'd orgasm over anything and everything for a good three hours after I found out we signed Cahill, but then again I'm a tad biased. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A tad? If you had your way, United would have bought Kewell, Skippy and Alf from Home & Away. icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

So Ribery's apparently in talks with Spurs at the moment :/

Ah, don't you love that feeling, the rush of another top class target slipping through our fingers icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've only seen him at the world cup, and i'm well aware of the dangers of having that as your sole guide to a player, but he didn't overly impress me in Germany. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you noted that there are dangers in relying on a tournament as a guide to a players quality, but if you'd not watched football for 20 years and just watched this tournament you'd probably think Ronaldinho, Rooney and Henry were all fairly average.

I've not seen too much of him either, but I thought he showed 'flashes' that indicate he could really be a player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

You forgot Smith and David Jones icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, alas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That got as much tumbleweed as Nicks, but i guess you're all too young to remember this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got it.

I just didn't give you any kudos so as to not tarnish my ****ish image.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Team

Given

Toure

Brown

Dawson

Cahill

Scholes

Fabregas

Davis

Rooney ©

Bent

Keane

Subs

Kirkland

Osano

Phil Neville :*)

Fortune </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

King out as Dawson comes in

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

- Most people hate Silvestre, Mika thinks he’s amazing, but loses all credibility anyway by not rating O’Sullivan, the greatest talent to ever play the game of snooker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahaahahahahhahahhaahhahahaahhahahhahhahaahhahahaahhahahahahahahhahaha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If Hargreaves isnt coming then why didnt we go for Van Bommel? Bayern have payed £4m for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he's **** tbqh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

seriously I want to know what the f**k Gill is doing RIGHT NOW

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

making another payment on his hot plate.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

yeah and now I've stopped, clambering for Ruud back is a joke ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who's doing that?!

I'd love to know just how many away tickets the one season ST holders have had.

we've applied for every game and only got Blackburn and iirc James' parents are in the loyalty pot and were chubbed for Villa.

utter shambles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>tbf what did you expect? You only got your book this year didn't you? Along with thousdands of others so to get one is pretty good imo

It's one way to have attacking options from the bench i suppose icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're on fire tonight icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Wigan

Blackburn

West Ham

Villa

Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, you must be skint - I bet the presents you have bought for people for Christmas are ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not when he has this to call on!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

for rossi or larsson. that was the whole point.

stream showing people leaving with 7 minutes to go icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you make Mart out?

Couldn't go 90 minutes on the pitch without a Mickey Silvestre special.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

sunderland so so loveable now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

who would have thought it back when they had mccarthy and that twat mcateer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its a hell of a turn around, i can even ignore niall quinns involvement

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

did your dad or any your mates go WSR? just trying to work out how so many united fans got in. was good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope - it's a crap stadium, loads might have jibbed in. how did the protest/boycott go? were people buying refreshments? someone on ri is saying it kick-off at half-time with a couple of arrests and people getting thrown out, you see anything?

• 2 weeks later...

the only way around that would be to close the ground and work would have to be from the outside to in.

which adds extra time to the development, as well as substantial cost.

not to mention the added cost of paying someone else to use their council house...

vs. Boro

MOM: Carrick

2ND: Heinze

Special mentions...Ronny (polemic & being too good ftw icon_cool.gif), Smudger (progressing quite well) & Giggsy (drifted in and out a bit but when he was "in" he was really quite effective).

Kudos to Quieroz as well for taking on the Boro bench and Fergie clearly ****ing himself at how mental he was going as they were walking off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Considering the injuries we have right now and as shaky as our defence has been, should a 5-3-2 formation with wingbacks be something to consider for Milan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha

hahahahaha

no

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

All we need is a Roma-esque performance on Tuesday night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

For anyone that watched the match on ITV, how bad were they? All we saw of Milans second was Kaka shooting.

How many times can we have crowd shots or manager shots or bench shots or camera on newly brought on subs while the game is being played?

You would think they grasp the concept of people wanting to watch the football and not the crowd ffs. Just show me the action. How many times was the ball at one end for them to cut away and come back while the other side was attacking and well into a move?

Man, three days after we won the title and we're discussing the individual merits of humourous animals.

I think a quick YAS YAS YAS YAS YAS GET THE **** IN THERE - CCCCCCHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPIIIIIOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNEEEESSSSSS

is in order tbh.

Gutted about the result today, really wanted West Ham to go down and Wigan even did their bit. Celebrations were great though.

Reflection of last few games is that Fletch has really shown his potential, lots of work, good passing, some great tackles, really hope he can take that into next season.

Like others I'd like to see Foster start as number 1 next season with VDS as a more than capable back up should he be required. Vidic has been class this season but a few people I heard on TV saying he had a nightmare last season. I can't remember him being that bad at all, Evra was poor but he's been fantastic this year.

Priority wise with the resurgence of Fletch I'd like so see us sign a striker + winger with a midfielder as last priority. Time to wave good bye to the Balsa boy and some of the other deadwood (Richardson, Silvestre) although some of them seem to be Fergie's favs.

Seperated at birth?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

as I said, his performance in the final was complete ********. But that shouldn't disguise the fact that for some reason, his corner taking has been utter **** for ages now.

But still, whilst he may be responsible for losing the ball a lot of the time he has also been responsible for a lot of our creative play. Someone posted the MEN player ratings and they gave him a 7. I think a 7-8 would definitly be a fair assesment of his season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As an overall season, yes. Recently though, he has been poor. Pitty Park was injured otherwise it would have been interesting to see if he would have lost his place...

well, if there is a serious problem I'd rather it's sorted out now. VdS number one TK cover, with Foster coming in as 1 or 2 depending on form or fitness.

Rather that, than him starting as number one and then having to have time off.

Archived