The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Jules will be murdered if he EVER comes back to the wall.

kriafcccccccccccccc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so so wrong, is it because he has homo hair? Or is it cos he is flashy and black?

krifbbbbbbbbbb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's an arrogant twit, he's not good, he's an arse and I really hate him.

LOTS

Finally a bit of a truth post icon_biggrin.gif

I agree with most aside from saying his attitude had any negative impact on the side. Worked very hard most of the time imo, given his role, and did the hold up job brilliantly. Not to mention finish off so many moves.

There were many reasons we didnt do that well from a team perspective whilst he was here... Ruud himself is not one of them.

Yeah I think we need to sign someone who can break up the play to play alongside Carrick. That can either be a dogged, destructive, tough tackling type (Gattuso) or someone who's positional sense can break up the play (Mascherano/Hargreaves)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Found out tonight that my branch unaffected by the one year season tickets for now which is good news. Have been offered tickets for the first couple of games and put my name down for Fulham so far, will see how money is for others... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

• 2 weeks later...

guys i want to take you back to BUTT in 98, best player of the world cup for England. we all knew he was a good DM, but we also knew he lacked somethingn to be great.

OWEN H is alot the same and afew years back we wouldn't be even looking at him, not as atop target anyway .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Jonny without an 'h' for a start icon_biggrin.gif

But it is amazing me how this incident has been totally missed by everyone. Like I said if it was me I wouldn't have complained but he definitely kicked a bottle into the crowd & he should be punished for it.

You cannot get away with kicking/throwing anything into the crowd. Yes he was getting stick & abuse but that doesn't give him the right to do what he did.

What is annoying me is how everywhere is saying he 'alledgedly' kicked a bottle into the crowd. Nevermind alledgedly, he ****ing did it & he did it on purpose.

I could list loads of incidents where players have been punished for doing similar but it would be a waste of time.

He is clearly going to get away with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't Smith do it against us in the Carling Cup and get investigated for it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye seem to remember that (Obviously aiming for Glazer/Fergie/Gill icon_wink.gif)

• 2 weeks later...

What did it say the last ballot you entered was?

Sounds to me like they have no record of you applying which happens a lot. Happened to me about 5 or 6 times last season. When I rang up explaing they emailed me letting me know they had received my application they basically told me the email was pointless & that there was nothing they could do.

So unless it tells you that the last ballot you entered was Liverpool then you are pretty screwed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Probably seen by most but its worth a chuckle. Liverpool supporter on a liverpool message board pointing out why Pennant is a better player than that One trick show pony of ours.

http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=50923 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha to even compare pennant with Ronaldo is a crime imo. let say he is better. they're just jealous of ronaldo icon_razz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Match going record 06/07 (only showing those applied for):

Spurs - Failed

Arsenal - Failed (got one off Viagogo - 50 quid and 13 hours of coach journey for a dire performance icon14.gif)

Liverpool - Failed

Portsmouth - Failed

Chelsea - Failed

Man City - Failed

... needless to say at this point I was already pretty p!ssed off ...

Wigan - Success (went on general sale iirc)

Reading - Failed

Villa (Cup) - Success (went on general sale)

Villa - Failed

Portsmouth (Cup) - Pending, probably success because it'll be on general sale \o/

so yeah. 11 applications. 2 successful for games that didnt actually sell out. great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Does that mean anything for van der Sar?

I thought he was going to stick around until after EURO2008 but if we're going to bring Foster back maybe he's not? I don't think there'd be much point in bringing him back only to fight for second spot with The Koosh.

• 4 weeks later...

I think is was WSR who asked if those leaflet things about ticket prices were given out earlier?

When we got on the RI/UWS coach this morning they were handed out to us.

Saw a coupld of guys outside the ground handing them out too. It seemed to work to some degree as very few people seemed to disappear at halftime.

Having said tha tthough there were no stands outside the away end selling food or drink so yo ucanot really blame some people for buying inside the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

i suspect the black armbands were for tommy cavanagh (assistant to tommy docherty when we won the cup in '77) who died a couple of days ago.

the big flag with RIP on it that someone alluded to earlier i think may have been for 'Big John' Wroe. very well-known Red, part of IMUSA and SU etc, passed away a week or so ago.

yeah, but commentators are, by and large, morons. richards is good going forward in a 'chuck him upfront and he'll make a proper nuisance of himself' way but in a more traditional attacking full-back sense, he's far from being fit to lick nev's boots (either nev frankly).

• 3 weeks later...

Just watch us play 4-5-1 in the semis now icon_wink.gif

MOM - Carrick - ran the midfield. Maybe its the alcohol, but I'd say that was his best game for us

2nd - Ronaldo - nothing to say about him that hasn't already been said.

wp Fletcher too, had a stormer in midfield tonight. icon14.gif

And Smudger icon_cool.gif I'm still convinced he is good enough to play for Utd. Great performance. I'd pick a fully fit Smith over a fully fit Saha every time.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

And go out with some dignity eh SLO? Most others seem to be managing it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And whether you like it or not it is a reason why they overall played so much better than us because they had the luxury of resting. It is not the main reason but it is certainly an advantage.

Why did Milan always looked knackered around the 60 mark and not now.

And besides, the main reason we lost was because of our injuries in defence. If we had a fully fit back 4 like the rest of the season our chance would have been much better.

This way with the improvised defence it was rather impossible to manage to fight in 3 competitions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

still gutted. third cup final i've been to, we've only lost three out of ten in my lifetime and i've been to all f**king three, give me a break ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick, you know what you must do now.

I'll miss you.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

hold on, wsr, why do you get a choice of moves and noone else has? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because he's moving from junior to adult prices and it's only fair to let young'uns move out of the family stand when that happens?

Archived