The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giggs autobiography is out in Paperback.

I remember reading a few pages when it first came out and thinking it was one long boring match report and i would wait for it to come out in paperback but its quite good.

From what i have read so far its an open, honest and interesting read. It has some nice stories in it that let you get a feel for his fellow players as well as himself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Not sure there's any point in talking about the Ronaldo situation until it's settled down a little.

One point is interesting. So many of our players comment on Fergie being in contact with them. Heinze and Saha have both made comments about that during the tournament. I Rooney did too this week. So, if we do take Ronnie's comments at face value, why has United left him to twist in the wind? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Ronaldo's English is awful and Fergie's Portugese is non-existant, perhaps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carlos maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"better user" icon_biggrin.gif Jeez, you really are a freak !

"back you" jpshakehead.sml.gif who fecking cares what they think ? I dont need a bunch of people here to validate my opinions on football. Most havent got a scooby, i never bother calling them "*****" or anything, let them be.

It's ok, i dont want to steal any of your acolytes or anything icon14.gif i think it means quite alot to you to be "respected" - dont take it so seriously

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

Is Fergie planning on having Saha/Solskjaer/Smith/Rossi as an attack next year :/ or is there a good chance of a new forward being brought in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget Rooney icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, as I was typing that I actually knew I forgot someone, and I thought "hey I could check a squad list and not look a fool" but then I convinced myself I'll be fine, as I know your side fairly well, and even if I was caught out, I'll blag my way through it.

I can't btw icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long has your location had Rooney's name in it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh man I didn't even notice, obviously it's not been there long enough /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I was only 9 at the time icon_biggrin.gif Ask Mark.

From what I know, it was the club that forced the issue. He didn't ask to go or anthing. They bid. We accepted.

I know there were some problems because the deal was confirmed a good time before he actually left, and it impacted his form (and the excellent start we'd made to that season.)

Sparky was blameless AFAIK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What James said. The club simply felt they couldn't refuse the offer that Barca made. IIRC it was more than him not making the running, Sparky actually didn't want to leave, but it was made pretty clear to him that he was going.

We'd won the first 10 games on the trot that season, and had a Newcastle-esque lead by Christmas. However, that was when the deal was done, and we fell apart in the new year. A lot of people attribute that to the fact that Sparky went right off the boil at that point. He was scoring goals for fun up until then, but they dried right up, and when the news of the deal finally came out, it was pretty widely accepted that his loss of form was due to him being unhappy about being forced out. I'm sure there must have been other issues with us falling apart, but that was undoubtedly the biggest.

• 3 weeks later...

I neither come from or live in Birmingham thankyouverymuch! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it somewhere worse than that? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yes icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Palahnuik:

\o/.

Oh, and Hargreaves will sign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yas!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

People's thoughts on Saha btw? Just texting Nick and he is very critical of him, saying that he likes him but he was lazy and his movement wasn't up to scratch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his link up play, and holding up of possession was quite good for the most part. and he won more than his fair share in the air and usually found a team mate withe knockdown. but yeah, i didn't really notice him in any real space. whether that was due to his poor movement or the less than stellar service...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was last night genuinely representative, or just some salfordians just looking for ruckage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kids, with a few older reds eggin them on second half, first half it was just a "Salford, Salford, Salford" chant a few times, then second half a lot of older faces moved in with the kids and then the hostility started.

• 2 weeks later...

Christ almighty, giving a ticket in our end to a scouser? I don't care if he's your best friend/father/brother/bonemarrow donor, that's simply unforgivable.

Hope he accidentally reveals his true colours and gets a friendly welcome from surrounding reds icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Jonny if you're that arsed then you'd queue outside the ticket office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have some kind of chest aids. I am not standing in the cold any longer than is needed.

As for the season ticket comment. Well last season I only struggled with a ticket for Liverpool. This season I wasn't to know the ticket office would totally implode & only give tickets to daytrippers/schoolkids/asianswhoonlywanttoseeParkplay.

I hate the TO & will possibly firebomb it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

im just yet to see any 'evidence' that says this could be our year. usually there are defining moments in a season that you look back on and think, 'we won it there', or 'that goal was crucial' but all those kind of moments seem to be going against us - (2 late chelsea goals v everton then us losing to west ham/random geordie teenage **** edgar with first and probably last goal ever to give them a draw/2 late goals conceded yesterday.)

these kind of moments going against us just make me feel it we are in for disappointment this season, which would be heartbreaking. in the last 5 minutes after van persie's goal i felt a winner was coming and i kept thinking that its time for us to show our mettle as champions. unfortunately it went the other way.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

*only shocks are

Glad to see Heinze playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but i'd rather Evra. Now we have zero attacking threat down the left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, you're right, but... icon_frown.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I have to admit that John O'Shea actually had a fairly good game for us last night. Especially in the first half he was really useful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah as i mentioned in first half he was my man of the match.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

Park can play left wing cant he? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but as much as I love him, just having Park to cover two wing positions is not what I'd like. When Park was injured earlier in the season for example it meant that Giggs had to play every single week, which ultimately I suspect led to his performances dropping off in December.

Just takes two of Park/Ronaldo/Giggs to be missing and we're onto KR, Fletcher on the right and Eagles, which I don't like icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

jesus, already 17,000 tickets from the cup final allocation have gone to those wembley season ticket holders.

gonna get what, 20,000 if we're lucky?

IF we get there ofc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolute farce

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Bends:

Leauge would be enough. Anything else a bonus.

Unless it's Liverpool in the CL final. Can't lose that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can. Won't, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I'm in some BBC competition for 2 tickets to Sunday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I entered that you w*nker icon_frown.gif

Also entered the one on official site icon_biggrin.gif

so desperate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The one where you have to preorder a match programme? What a twattish competition.

Still going to enter though icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

right. those starred are yet to vote. anyone not on the list at all hasn't voted as well. let's be having yer:

14AlanSmithifb

ACou2000

alibaster

alilaw

Bagpuss

BBB

Blaine

*Coldberg

davidbowie

*deanb291186

EmmYouEffSee

*ericcantona7

Gazz22

gonch19

Gregg Carter

*James07?

*James M

JulesMUFC

*Keyser

LibLibertine

mark g

*matt_e

Mika

Nezell

No Longer Bling

Pickles

pjburrage

player_65

Razor Eddie

Rcjuk

Red & white army

*RedBlood

Red_Comet

RSB

Ryno

Saha

*Scatter

*SLO_Fila

*snipersdream

Taz & the Devil

theis

titchuk

*vanester

Weststandred

Young Jimlad

i'm intrigued to see who the really obvious person that i've blatantly omitted is going to be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right, just a few left now. give you all of tomorrow to get them in and we'll aim to do these monday night unless there are any objections.

Archived