The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Ronaldo have the sense to go over to the dressing room and offers an apology to Ronney or something after the whole match is over, I still want Ronaldo at Man Utd.

Or maybe he's just preparing himself to go to Real Madrid in the meantime. icon15.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Why does your email address involve nistelrooy, goon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it doesnt, it involes nistlerooy... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your spelling is suspect at the best of times tbh

Erm, some transfer activity...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Plymouth manager Ian Holloway has signed Manchester United striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake for a fee of £200,000.

The 20-year-old has agreed a three-year contract at Home Park and will link up with his new team-mates prior to a pre-season friendly with Grays on Saturday.

The club, with Ebanks-Blake now in tow, will then depart for Austria on a week-long training camp, and Holloway is delighted to wrap up what he believes will prove to be an 'absolute bargain'.

"I'm very, very pleased," said Holloway. "He's someone I have been monitoring for some time as he has got power, pace and is hungry to make a reputation.

"I am as excited about having him here as he is about coming.

"I just want him to enjoy his football and, for £200,000, he is an absolute bargain. We have been quoted half a million for players of his age who aren't as good.

"He's a fantastic player and a fantastic young man which, for me, is more important than all his other attributes."

Also expected to fly out with Holloway's squad is Portuguese trialist Mauro Almeida.

Holloway will run the rule over the 24-year-old defender, who was most recently with Dutch side FC Zwolle, during the coming week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ta ra Sylvan, best of luck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

1) Missing the penalty against Arsenal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he missed two tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

erm, yes. thx Rage.

ps. I'd look forward to that free pint but we clearly wont be finishing 2nd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for all the off season has been pretty dire, arsenal and the scouse haven't really recruited THAT much to suggest they're going to improve dramatically over last season tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liverpool improved their defence and brought Bellamy in ... i'd say that's a bit of an improvement </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Arsenal have a lot of young players all with an extra years experience from last season. It was no surprise the way their form picked up as the season went on, they'll be much better this season.

United though have a host of old players another tiny bit over the hill. VDS, Neville, Giggs, Scholes, OGS.

And O'Shea still looking like the first choice holding midfielder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

United have advised they havent reached an agreement.

Additionally, why "nooooooo"?

He's been unsettled for over a year, he's been trying to leave, he wants to go to another club. Why should we keep him.

Yeah great servant, great player, but if he doesnt want to be at the club then he can feck off. That goes for any of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course people are going to be upset, he's an utter hero here, for me anyway. I don't care about him wanting to leave, I don't blame him, it's still gutting to see him go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

That's the big question mark though, isn't it. An indifferent at best season for Arsenal, followed by another for Juventus from what i've heard and the little i saw. He's over thirty, past his best, and i would be amazed if we didn't have to make him one of the top earners at the club to get him, regardless of whether his transfer fee isn't huge.

I agree entirely that who he's played for is irrelevant to the situation, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not sure he's the answer either. He did have a good world cup, but, i'm not sure he can produce that week in week out anymore.

However, if we cant get Mascherano and he can come in and perform to a decent level for the next two seasons and actually help to improve our players as a whole, the likes of Jonah for example, then it could be a good move.

I'm not entirely convinced though. My main reason for laughing was purely down to the guy saying he was a good player but he didnt want him because he'd been involved with Arsenal.

I don't see where all these doubts over Vieira's fitness have come from. I'd put his poor form in the last year or two at Highbury down to general disillusionment more than anything else. He looked disinterested more than he looked tired.

As for Scatter's "diving cernt" claim he's no more guilty than the majority of that. There are much worse culprits around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Gianluca Casiraghi is the U-21 manager?

ffffffb icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pierluigi icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Evra's been excellent this preseason tbf, maybe earlier on was just teething problems \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i said it in the amsterdam thread that the game against porto was the making of paddy as a united player. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

"They carried on to the degree where they actually thought they should have a say in the running of the football club."

jesus wept, talk about ****sing on the fans eh Alex </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"I urge every one to become members of Shareholders United, it is important for Fans to have a say in their club"

Sir Alex Ferguson, 2004

That used to be on the frontpage of the SU site icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you think about that Rich?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Can we have an age limit of 21 or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we need a maximum age limit too. all you old feckers tottering around the thread spreading your malicious richardson >>>> giggs malarky is likely to have a profound and unbalancing affect on the young uns that do get past the entrance exam... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope that wasn't aimed at me, squire. I've not said anything of the sort. Ever.

And as for tottering, those stairs were fecking hard, man.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Well, if anything it makes the Benfica game a bit exciting icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm tired of all this "making it difficult for ourselves" ********.. because nowadays we actually cant handle the difficult situations and just get knocked out.

We should have had qualification wrapped up for ****s sake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Veterans to start for United

Henrik Larsson will make his Manchester United debut alongside fellow Scandinavian, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, against Aston Villa.

Veteran Swedish striker Larsson has completed a 10-week loan move to United from Helsingborgs.

He is eligible to make his debut in Sunday's FA Cup third round tie against Villa at Old Trafford.

And Larsson is set to be partnered in attack by Norwegian stalwart Solskjaer, who sat out the New Year's Day draw at Newcastle.

Sir Alex Ferguson explained his reasoning behind dropping Solskjaer, but confirmed he would be restored to the team to face Villa.

"I didn't take Ole to Newcastle because he has played two games in four days," said Ferguson.

"I thought he would be better resting ready for Sunday's match.

"He will play along with Larsson."

The duo will get the chance to start in the cup tie after Louis Saha was ruled out for a fortnight with a groin injury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> David Beckham will be back at Old Trafford next month after being named first on the all-star Europe XI squad list to face United in the Jubilee Charity Match on 13 March.

Beckham, who gave eleven years' service to the Reds before departing for Real Madrid in 2003, will be joined by Liverpool pair Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.

The special match marks two jubilees: Manchester United's half-century of involvement in European competitions; and the 50th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome, which laid the foundations for a united Europe. It is being staged by the Manchester United Foundation and UEFA, with support from the European Union. All the proceeds from the celebration match will go to charity.

David Beckham was the first to accept his invitation to the match and is excited about the prospect of returning to Old Trafford. He said: “I'm happy I’m going to play on March 13th. It will be something special to go back to Old Trafford, and I’m really looking forward to it."

He will be joined by former England team-mates Carragher and Gerrard, also named in the all-star European squad selected by Italy’s world champion Marcello Lippi, who will be head coach of the Europe XI.

"It is an honour for our club that two of our players have been selected to represent Europe,†Liverpool boss Rafael Benítez said. “I know that they feel very privileged to be in the team and that they will enjoy playing alongside the top players from other clubs."

“I’m looking forward to the match,†said Gerrard. "It’s a pleasure to play alongside the top players – especially if the match earns some money for charity.â€

Carragher added: “I feel proud that a coach like Marcello Lippi has selected me for the European team,†Jamie Carragher comments. “It’s a real honour.â€

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neville to break Carragher's and Gerrard's legs please. (only if he plays ofc.)

Talking of Beckham, I was looking through all my old junk the other day and found my 'David Beckham King of all Cockneys' flag, it's about 8-9 years old, but it has no stick.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

did anyone on here apply for borough? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, but even if I do get tickets i'm not going, I went to Reading so I can't afford Boro.

• 2 weeks later...

I've waited for four years for this," said Beckham before turning his attentions to Sir Alex Ferguson, with whom an infamous falling-out led to the end of his United career. "You've got the best manager in the world at this club. It was the best time of my football career. I want to say thank you to the fans and the people of this club. Especially in 1998 [when he was sent off at the World Cup] I wouldn't have got through the things I did without the people of this stadium."

regrets?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

aye, we (coldberg and me) went to roma and it was 286 dayytrip, guaranteed ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you going to milan?

i'm def up for experiencing the feel of some italian batons lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it was hilarious being there icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Don't write us off to pull off a result against Chelsea tomorrow. We are unbeaten against the other top 4 sides at home this season and infact only Bolton out of the top 10 have beaten us at home, we've been crap against the crap sides. I still think Chelsea will turns us over but I wouldn't be overly surprised if we get a point.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived