The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Jim, give me a game of pes later? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

perhaps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He only wants you as he can't beat anyone else icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

He didnt change the thread title so he's a Leeds bummer boy again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would he change the title? Nothing has happened.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

christ almighty, what is it at the minute with complete randoms coming in offering their expert analysis of our situation? at least this go-go chap seems fairly clued-up - razzler just veering between moronic and dull and i don't even need to say anything about joe ****ing cole.

re: RvN - it's not confirmed, calm down. we rejected £12m from Bayern did we not? why would we then accept £10.3m from Real? don't get me wrong, wouldn't particularly surprise me but it makes no sense, and fergie seems to be saying Real's new bid isn't enough, so it's still up in the air as far as i can see.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree 100%, nothing has been confirmed as of yet (just checked Skysports.com & united website) and Fergie has gone on record as saying that "the Madrid bid was only slighty improved and is still below our valuation". AS usual I am going to be taking all this with a pinch of salt , until I see Ruud wearing the White of Madrid.

As for the match the positives are:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Foster - looks VERY comfortable and I see that the defence has confidence in him which makes the unit tighter.

Evans - already looks like a confident centre back and struck up a good partnership with Sir wesley.

Martin - was VERY impressed with this kid, thought he was very sharp, had a good turn off pace and his consitency of his crosses was excellent (deffinatley a better prospect than Miller, Eagles and maybe Richardson).

Scholes - looked quick and alert, played some very good balls and read the play well. Welcome back Ginger Prince!

and so begins the negatives:

The only downside as Nick mentioned was leaving Jones on the bench for 80 minutes. I have never seen Jones pla and was looking forward to seeing what he could do , but no the senile scottish idiot puts Miller a player we are reported looking sell on for thrity mins!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Players don't just turn like that. RvN wanted to win stuff, United didn't win much of note, no wonder he wanted to leave as early as 05. He saw the signs, the Bellions, the Djemba-Djembas the poor performances, the formations that left him exposed up front, the (at times) non existant service to him.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with everyone agreeing with this i'll just be a kernt and say you're full of **** rich and that post is just total b0llocks ffs.

Yorkie > Cole

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Did you have a drink with Ben? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah he had a family conference thing, I did go to some mental 80's bar with rubiks cubes hanging off the ceiling, before having a row with a cabbie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you go round trying to solve them all? icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Look, it's really really simple. You're own team comes first ahead of any hatred for anyone else. If you start looking for other teams results or outcomes before your own, you're no better than a bitter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think anyone's suggesting anything else, are they? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just said in a choice of two scenario's, one where we're relegated and one where we're not, you don't know which one you'd pick icon_biggrin.gif

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Just got an email sayin that i can get 2 Liverpool tickets if i want them!! Also got 2 extra Copenhagen tickets for a couple of friends which means i got 6 in total. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a Liverpool ticket. Go on, you know you want to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing much has changed from last season then? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If by that you mean the ticket office denying pretty much everyone in the ballot then no.

First game all season I have struggled with which I said would be the case at the start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that and the fact that you had to get a ticket from a tout last year and the way you're going probably doing the same again.

Got your coat for tomorrow? Might be time for me to bring the fleece out after ditching it last time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not going this year if I dont have a ticket beforehand. In work until 11 & kickoff is 1pm. So I won't have time to go hunting for a tout.

Last year kickoff was 4pm so I had more time.

Actually I can't be bothered icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

I wasn't expecting Harry Hill DVD's tbf, forgive me.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I know Fletcher is in better form and very harshly left out.. but I still dont believe he would hold his ground defensively in as disciplined a way as Carrick who really can sit there.

Fletch will inevitably make runs forward and want to push on which could leave gaps.

As I said, its harsh to leave him out given his performance v Liverpool, but tactically I think it might be right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh, i'm just delighted my fletch love is held by others now :*)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fell to the floor at Walkabout in Cardiff, Carter had to carry me out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gregg slipping Rohypnol in your drink?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

he'll be behind saha, rooney, solskjaer and larsson at least, quite possibly rossi too. unless fergie thinks reserve football is a suitable introduction to the english game and english conditions, going out on loan seems the best option. no point keeping him here and not playing him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but given that one of them is made of glass, one of them is clearly in need of a rest and the other two have a combined age of 167 he might have a chance of a look in.

And there's nothing like a rise in shirt sales to trim a bit off the ol' debt mountain icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Next Fixture:

16.12.06 S****horpe United (H) - FA Youth Cup, @ Ewen Fields, Hyde

-------------------------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shambles tbh.

Cant see Larsson staying beyond his set loan, no matter how well he plays. When asked after the Villa game he looked pretty set in going back to Sweden, even if the club did say he could stay if he wanted to.

With regards to transfers, Hargreaves wont happen this window in my opinion, I think the management will wait until hes fit again before making an offer - a £20m (or is it £25m?) valuation is massive for Hargreaves, way to big, and I cant see us making anything near that sort of a commitment to player who isnt even fit yet.

Bale is possible, but for the sort of money thats being talked I cant help but feel we'd see Heinze going in the other direction to a different club to cover the cost, which despite Paddy Evra being a class apart this season I still wouldn't want to happen - Heinze is still a brilliant player, unlike Silvestre who seems to be giving Fergie blowies behind the clubhouse to keep himself in red attire. I can see Rossi eventually heading out aswell (on loan again), although with rumblings of Smith being on the move thats a bit up in the air at the moment. If smudger goes for the touted £6m I wouldn't be to annoyed, he hasn't really stamped his mark on the team in any real way and has had some crap luck with injuries.

I think this window we might get some Evra/Vidic style unknown signings, hopefully they will be just as good. But most likely nothing at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so ****ing angry, was speechless for like 10 mins in the pub, utterly gutted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just snapped at my mum a tad. icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "The boy's happy here. Everything's fine, there are no issues," said Ferguson. "Speculation is always rife. I think in modern day football you have to accept it.

"I pick up the paper sometimes and read the players I'm going to buy. I say 'Well that's an interesting one, I've never thought of him'. So you're doing my scouting now.

"It's speculation, you're going to get that. It doesn't bother me. It's always an attraction in a better climate, obviously. It's always going to be that way.

"When you think about it what you can get at Manchester United, every week 67,000 people, you're not going to get that anywhere.

"I know that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Milan when they've got big games they can fill the place without question. They don't fill them every week.

"Old Trafford is full every week which is fantastic. He knows he's at a good football club." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah but with City its always been the case that they get far more pleasure out of beating us than we do out of beating them.

But the sheer pain we could inflict by relegating them and at the same time winning the league on their home turf would be oh so sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

Erm they were drinking fosters pre-game & they had been to Iceland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, mart insists he took their ones home though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mart is in RI again I see whinging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

time to give him his own page i reckon. would help if would make sense though

carrick has got so much better than he was at the beginning but still doesnt impose himself on games enough. i do like the lad tho so would agree now that a winger has to be (joint?) top priority with a forward.

makes for an interesting summer at least. i do feel that if we blow it here we wont get as close again but thats not to say a few more signings wont make us a more complete team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

are you posting from your interview, mark? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought i'd be up front about what i'd bring to the role.

Archived