The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

does getting beat by them hurt more than if it was Charlton?

If the answer is yes, there's some degree of rivalry there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blackburn, no. West Ham, no. Newcastle, only because we'd have to put up with BG winking and gloating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Newcastle lost the last, tiny extra sting when Shearer retired.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zink:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zink:

if he is still here, it'll just want lots of repeated "where's yer dad gone" chants.

make the greasy nonce cry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how mature are you, frigging moron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

marginally more than him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, because reminding a guy still emotional over the situation about his fathers death in an attempt to cause him to have a break down is more mature than trying to win a game of football.

You're a cretin.

But did he actually say he wants to leave or did he just say that he wont talk about his future till after the world cup?

I havent seen the interview so i dont know. I'm hoping he's just saying that he isnt prepared to comment because at the moment he's only interested in talking about Portugal.

I would hope that he would be loyal to us and to repay us after we've done a lot for the guy.

IF and for me its a big IF because i believe he's being misconstrued he has said the stuff about Real Madird and he does want to leave, then yes, he can sod off. But i am currently hopeful that that isnt the case.

Oh christ, has it come to 'anyone linked with United ifb'?

Are you all seriously thinking that one performance justifys any of the furore around him? Remember when Neville Jnr marked Vieira out of the game, did you all then suddenly believe that he could do it week in week out? I didn't, but that's me, wrong AND a Sunderland fan.

Eating your own, good stuff chaps.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

According to juni (yeah I know), it says he's in madrid now and is the first signing under the new Capello era. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi, I simply translated it icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Well there's always been a school of thought, that I've never subscribed too, that said Ruud's style of play brought him goals galore but to the detriment of the rest of the side and the team as a whole. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've always thought it was more that his style of play required the team to play a certain way, and while he was absolutely at his peak that was the right choice. However, since his injury i don't think he's been quite the same player in terms of his pace and movement etc, so a combination of that plus the fact that we don't quite have the players anymore to play purely to his strength's has lessened his impact.

That's not a criticism of him, i simply think it's that the school of thought you mention has recently become true for those reasons, where it wasn't before.

It's even possible to say with hindsight that it may have been the signing of Rooney that was the final nail. In terms of the creative side of his game, Rooney was always going to get more out of a partner with more pace and movement than Ruud, hoth to create space for him and get on the end of through balls etc, which has never really been Ruud's strength.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonTheGTFCFan:

FFS - you're all going to get his name on the back of your shirts when you do sign him, and not two of you will have the sodding thing spelt the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i spell it right. e then a. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

the new thread tittle gives far to much credit to Momo tbf. its like putting Henry > Drogba </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but Drogba is actually good whereas Momo isn't' It would be more like Henry > Heskey.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Surely you want a good player now rather than someone who could be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly - the 'he'll be good in a few years' logic got us saddled with Djemba Djemba.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Yep. I have a teenage stepson as well (who is not called anything like markgoodguy, incidentally icon_biggrin.gif ). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for telling us that!

You don't seem like someone who's responsible for a teenager, and I mean that in a good way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure quite how to take that! icon_biggrin.gif

Jaffa is from Only Fools and Horses, when they were explaining why Boycie and Marlene couldn't have kids. Someone said it was because Boycie was a "Jaffa". When asked what it meant, he says 'seedless'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

just to be an argumentative ****, and also because it's true, fletch deserves an assist for the giggs goal tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're just being argumentative. he did well to pressure spring but that wasn't an assist. He didn't even touch the ball.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i thought re-financing was meant to reduce the annual interest repayments? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

somehow Kenyonomics lives on /o\

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

Do these journalists just get really bored some days and make up absolute toilet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well they have to write something because the papers are going to be printed whether there's any news or not

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

christ, kneejerk reactions ahoy tonight \O/

we were sh*t. we're through. Fletcher wasn't that bad, Wes was equal measures good and awful, Richardson is holocaust but we all knew that. Ole and especially Saha big positives, big Edwin looking good again, into the next round, cheer up you miserable moaning c**ts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big whoop, Saha did his job icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no-one can win with you can they? icon_biggrin.gif

i give up. don't understand you moaning bastards, a near-complete reserve team got us through with all our key players getting a rest ahead of the Liverpool game and yet it's like a meeting of haemherroids R us in here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because when we need these players, if thats what theyre gonna be like I'd rather we went out on the field with less than 11 men.

the whole match after the first 10 was just completely sh*te, thats why I'm moaning. and we nearly went out because Fergie was too stubborn to put Ronaldo or Scholes on for a few extra minutes.. ITS NOT GONNA KILL THEM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It is tough to decide between the Welshman and Paul Scholes, the other veteran whose form revived so markedly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you what icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

I think he's trying to make the point that Wesy Ham 'should' havve been relegated, and United le icon_frown.gif t them off - whereas if Liverpool would have beate Fulham then West Ham would still have survived.

Still wildly OTT though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So now it's our job to punish West Ham rather than the FA's? That's a more ludicrous argument than i thought he was making. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's in the Mirror

• 3 weeks later...

I actually heard a radio thing where a journalist admitted to never having read a book before.

Probably not the only one.

Although I highly doubt anyone could go through life without ever reading a book whatever they do. So in that case they'd probably just join the even larger list of journalists who regularly lie through their teeth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

what is the official vie win here of ruud leaving btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't like to talk about it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tough

we need a official view point ffs, hopefully it'll stop it once and for all icon_wink.gif

i pick jim as the guy with the casting vote in a tie

Archived