The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

we really should get that thread title changed. shut it carter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, because you really talk a lot more sense about football than me don't you icon14.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Is it James M who is getting a (bit of) a season ticket out of me if he does. Or is it another james?

And he still hasn't bothered to tell me how much they cost icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's me icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give you £100 towards one then icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ get in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is only if that Press Conference on July 14th goes down like it was laid out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which it will icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Italy midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has brushed aside reports of a possible move to Manchester United.

The AC Milan star has been linked with the Premiership giants as his current club faces accusations of wrongdoing in the match-fixing scandal which has tarnished Serie A. Prosecutors have called for Milan, Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio to be relegated.

"I am certain that I will remain at AC Milan and that I will play in Serie A next season," said Gattuso on Friday. "If this doesn't happen, then I will talk to the club and hope to remain and finish my career at Milan."

Italy coach Marcello Lippi was also linked with a move to Manchester United in the British press, but Gattuso, who will play in Sunday's World Cup final against France, said: "The press can write whatever they want.

"At this point, I cannot think of another club wanting me or anything else but Sunday's final.

"This game is bigger than myself, I have never expected to be able to play a World Cup final, so all my energy is directed at this."

Lippi has yet to confirm whether he will remain in charge of the Azzurri when the tournament comes to an end.

"I hope that Lippi stays with us," Gattuso said.

"Beside the enormous respect and friendship that I have with him, he is able to get the best out of his players and that's very important for our national team." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No doubt some in here will have a go at that for being over-sentimental but meh..

Legend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Why are they called the pirates? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

.. i dont think it has an historical meaning, just a name type thing

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

ruud speaking candidly about fergie on ssn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh what did he say?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'm racking my brains trying to remember. Leamington Spa? Redditch? Something like that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stalker icon_eek.gif

live near Leamington, work in Redditch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

I'd be worried if I were you :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

that's not funny Scatter, you would have eaten someone had they dared raise your hopes about Mascherano </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

After careful consideration i doubt very much i'll be introducing a scouser to you guys icon_biggrin.gif

One of the girls i'm goin to the match with tonight wants me to take her down early so she can see Ronaldo and Rio arrive ffs. Anyone know what time they arrive for a Champions League game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Martin had to decribe his most hated kind of United fan it would be you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty much aye icon_frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

THe chelsea ticket is sold to one of the guys that has sorted me/you/Jules out before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So who is sorting me for Chelsea this season then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Adu was training with the youngsters, so wouldn't show up in the First Team training photos </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fergie is making him train with the under-19s icon_biggrin.gif

Equally mark (and I know I'll get flamed for this), Neville was somewhat put in that position by Ronaldo's complete inability in the second half to get back and help him out. Essien was allowed to get forward because as Paul Scholes moved right to combat Cole and Robben, Carrick and Giggs were pulled into the middle and our left side was completely exposed by the long 'switch' - which was played again and again by Chelsea in the second half. Whether or not it was SAF's tactical demands or that Ronnie was carrying an injury, I don't know, but I feel his inability to perform any defensive duties really put us on a back foot after half time.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The BBC's final live match of the third round will be the all-Premiership tie between Manchester United and Aston Villa at 1230 on Sunday, 7 December. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

We don't need the instability that would be inevitable with a change of Ass Man mid-season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh we made a change around this time in the 98/99 season, and that worked out rather well.

• 4 weeks later...

Nick/Taz etc seem to think that Simpson is the future for DR, but then Nick thought that Jones would be the new Keane so who knows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

almost worthy of a rolleyes. i'll settle for icon_mad.gif

guess it depends just how important silverware is to each person as an individual supporter in terms of the enjoyment they get out of following united i guess. i'm like matt - we may not have won anything but 01/02 was pretty enjoyable. obviously winning games and trophies is preferable but i seriously think i'd prefer to 'just' be in contention while playing attractive football than to win stuff playing how Chelsea do (i think i'd have enjoyed being an arsenal fan more than a chelsea one last season, genuinely).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Ruud to get 8 goals a game to gain an unlikely win for 2003 clearly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud, Scholes and Silvestre ALL ON THE PITCH AT THE SAME TIME! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And O'Shea icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When he was awesome :*) icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Im just surprised Heinze is going to be a free transfer in the summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not, its shoddy reporting.

Check back over the last few pages of this thread I'm sure someone linked or posted a copy of the extention he signed a while back.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Saha to sit out Hornets match

Louis Saha will miss Manchester United's Premiership encounter with Watford after failing to recover from a knee injury.

Bet on Man Utd v Watford - £20 free matched bet

Man Utd 1/8, Draw 5/1, Watford 16/1. Henrik Larsson is 3/1 to open the scoring with skybet!

Sir Alex Ferguson had hoped the French striker would be available to face the rock bottom Hornets - but Saha will only return to training in the morning and has an outside chance of making Sunday's trip to Tottenham.

Wayne Rooney was due to be among the substitutes but may start after his two-goal salvo against Portsmouth at the weekend, while Cristiano Ronaldo returns to the squad after a brief break in Dubai.

Manchester United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Silvestre, O'Shea, Evra, Heinze, Park, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Richardson, Ronaldo, Rooney, Larsson, Solskjaer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by finneys13:

I see. He is a midfielder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defensive one as far as I know, O'Shea but more talent and less lumbering about I think.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't think he was as bad as some made out yesterday.

Wasn't good. But only to the extent that hardly any of them were.

That miscontrol when we had a good counter attack situation and the ball ran off for a throw was mighty frustrating, but in general it was nothing spectacularly bad, and he got the goal with a great finish, which was crucial.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

vds made some crucial saves

Ronaldo, what can I say <3

Giggs was okay

Carrick and Scholes were poor imo

The amount of times the back four let the ball bounce was stupid

**** performance, but a win and nine point! icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its six points, chelsea will win their game in hand

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

according to sky at half time United logged a complaint about the second ball being on the pitch, and the balls being returned to Roma quickly and us slowly in general. Smacks of what Lille were upto in the last round tbh, but somehow I doubt we'll take it that far.

The players and the fans should really be up for it in the second leg, I guess that's the one good thing to come out of last night (as well as the away goal). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always remember a third eye on soccer am when multiball first came in, and a guy being sent around to collect all the balls once the team started winning icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I love how a third of the stadium will be filled with people who couldn't give a **** either way about the result & those who are there just for the day out.

Maybe if they actually charged those people for tickets they could reduce the prices slightly for those fans wh oactually want to be there to watch their team.

What a win!

At half time when things look so different for Man Utd and Chelsea..

Then came O shea..

Our loyal Phil Neville...

Shrek...

Eagles..

With this win i really think it will bring us the title now.While many were thinking that the Chelsea game is the pivotal one, i thought that if we can win these 2 away games against Everton and our friendly neighbors we can dont even bother the Chelsea game..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We beat City, Arsenal Draw with Chelsea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that happens the title is mathematically ours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Realised that after i posted icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Nick, mate, any chance you can accidentally add van Nistelrooy to the team for 08? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll try and sneak him in there. maybe call him nan Vistelrooy or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Look, i think we're all getting away from the most serious issue here, which is that if alilaw feels like me-lite, someone needs to go round and take his belt and his shoelaces off him in case he does something stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd forgotten I'd said that until I read this post.

Archived