The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

James, where's that Glazer story from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took it from Red News, who say it's from the Sunday World (which I've not heard of). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sunday World is an Irish tabloid. As trusty sources go, it's somewhere between the People and the Star on Sunday. :/

Not that I doubt we're still financially dodgy, mind.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from redcafe icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In recent months there have been a number of unsubstantiated reports on whom Sir Alex Ferguson desires to purchase and who he wishes to place on the market to acquire more funds. What you’re about to read is confidential plans for Manchester United set up by Sir Alex, David Gill and the Glazer Family. Firstly can I say that, Utd fans are going to be amazed by this report your about to read, like myself when I first read it.

The document stipulated that Manchester United will announce a Press Conference at 12.00pm on Friday 14th July 2006. Sir Alex will be present along with David Gill, Bryan & Joel Glazer. The Conference will be held for 45 minutes in this time David Gill will

Start off presenting the new home Shirt sponsored by American International Group (AIG), David Gill will then go in to detail about the design. Once this is over David Gill will hand over the Conference to Joel & Bryan Glazer, who will then turn to the press and in typical American Press Conference fashion (meaning over the top and having the shock factor) say ‘I would like you all to welcome the new members of the Manchester United family and out will walk the new players, to the shock of the press entering the room will be Fernando Torres, Javier Mascherano, Esteban Cambiasso in the new Manchester United home shirt. David Gill will then say that they hope this will reassure the fans and that there summer spending is not yet over, David Gill will then go on to say that they have 3 to 4 more potential signing. Sir Alex will then go into detail about the transfers, contract lengths of each player and why they have signed each player. Fans who think that this is just a fan writing this report and what you have read and about to read below is very suspicious and strange behavior for Manchester United are wrong as this is what the Glazers are known for in America, the Glazer family are renowned for there strange approach towards the press and straight to the point, over the top conferences. The report I read also had some names of the other potential signing that David Gill stated earlier in the press conference, those names were Franck Ribery, Juan Roman Riquelme, Rafinha, Rafael van der Vaart, Joe Cole, Simao and Klass Jan Huntelaar. Now next to the player called Klass Jan Huntelaar, written was January 2007. so I can only presume that they are signing him in the January Transfer window. Then Sire Alex will let the press ask questions, once this is over Sir Alex will then go onto say that they have also signed Kerlon Souza from Cruzeiro Fc and that with them unable to acquire a work permit, Kerlon will go straight on loan to Racing Santander Fc for 2 seasons and that they have the promise of Racing Santander coach Juan Ramon Lopez Caro, that Kerlon will play at least 15 games in each season that he is there. Then nearer to the end of the press conference there will be more questions from the press and then Sir Alex will talk about the upcoming season, he will go onto to say that Ben Foster will be the new number two goal keeper and Gerard Pique and Guiseppe Rossi will be heading to West Brom on loan for a season.

Press Conference Over."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahaha, thought I'd post it for giggles icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Arsenal have always been in debt and are probably more so after building the new stadium, they even had to name it after the investor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah we haven't always been in debt tbh. Building the new stadium meant that we went in the red for the first time in ages.

Took a while but I'm now convinced Hargreaves would be a good signing. He can run all day and can tackle but just lacks the killer ball. Even saw him ahead of Crouch a couple of time on the break. Man of the match. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Count me in icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon14.gif If i can travel from sussex for a non league team's frendly on a part time wage you can travel accors town icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

True, I keep loading BBC site at work with faint hope.

btw now Gill/Fergie are going to be back in Manchester, no excuses </div></BLOCKQUOTE>except for the fact WE'VE GOT NO MONEY

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ive not seen enough of tevez to say id be happy with throwing £15-£20m at him but hes one of those players that always looks exciting and its nice to have a few of those in the side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't seem to have had much luck with South Americans so far. Veron, Forlan & Kleberson plus the injury to Gaby.

I've heard Peter Davenport was part Peruvian and Ralph Milne had a Chilean granny too icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't spout Bulls**t eh?

Those players not being able to make it had nothing to do with them being South American.

Veron wasn't used correctly. He was played out of posistion, as a result, he looked a shadow of the player everybody knew he could be. He was far better in any games when he was actually played in a posistion that suits his game.

Kleberson was unlucky through injuries, was bought as a defensive player when really he was more of an attacking player. The problem with him was the difference in styles between Brazilian defensive players and British defensive players. When he was match fit, he didnt play too badly for us.

Forlan, was a confidence striker who needed to play regularly to perform. He was never going to get that with united, it was something that Ferguson wasnt going to find out until he joined us, it's nobodies fault.

As for Gabby, his injury was unlucky, but i wouldnt say that means we should shy away from south americans, for anybody to say that, is utterly laughable.

All of those things could happen to any player bought from abroad or even from another club playing a different style. It doesnt mean you avoid those players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

As for Ratinho's rubbish about him not being very good - Chelsea and Cudicini aside, he's easily as good if not better than his equivalent at Arsenal (Almunia), Liverpool (Dudek) and Spurs (Cerny?) icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they aren't very good either, thanks for proving. icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Carrick did very well when he came on. Especially when you consider he's coming back from an injury, away from home and in a game that we had to win. He composed our midfield straight away and provided the out-ball for Rio at the back.

Chuffed with the draw, some good away trips there, and should enable us to go through to the second round with ease.

What I am more chuffed about is our Frendly Scouse countrymen getting the chance to go to what I like to call "The frendliest place on earth" Galatasary icon_biggrin.gif and our Classless chump's having an easy draw against Barca & Weder Bremen.

\o/ YAS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

The fact is neither O'Shea or Fletcher are 'United class' in the traditional sense. The only mitigating factors for both are that O'Shea isn't in his natural position and Fletcher *may* improve still further. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh i can see fletcher developing into a class player. o'shea on the other hand, i agree with you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hetero5exual:

Did Alan Smith really bulk up or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not from what I saw of him yesterday, no.

And I probably saw the same as you. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'll bet all Mika's karma points on Hargreaves not signing tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave them alone icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your Location icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hasn't he had that for like three months?

And clearly mine > *

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Aussies worse at detecting humour than Americans? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to stop stalking me, get your other mate and stalk each other :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

i'm not DeVito icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only 'cos you're too tall.

And he's better looking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

I don't know, maybe it gives the likes of Fletch and O'Shea a boost knowing that we chose to stick with them instead of go for Mascherano icon_biggrin.gif, or maybe Fergie geniunely didn't think he could adapt to the English game. I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Masc to get a hattrick against us icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

It's more about possibly starting one or just having a bit of a splash & dash rather than holding one down tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you need someone else to hold her down for you? icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ITS LIVERPOOL FFS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not that you'd know its a shag FFS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

are we at home midweek? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Copenhagen Tuesday night.

Is that what you meant? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep.

Can't go :-/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says an excellent team spirit has been the key to their fine start to the new season.

United head into Tuesday's Champions League game with FC Copenhagen top of Group F and top of the Premiership.

"There are no personal agendas. It is about winning as a team," he said.

"We have lots of pace, we are good at counter-attacking and have players who can beat men. This is as good as the side I was in before I got injured."

Solskjaer, 33, has already grabbed five goals this season and looks a certain starter for the match at Old Trafford.

Victory would all-but ensure United's progress into the knock-out stages - a huge improvement on last year's failure when they failed to reach the last 16.

Solskjaer says he is relishing the role he is playing in United's excellent start to the season.

And the Norwegian says the knee injury problems which have forced him to miss the last three years mean he appreciates the success even more.

"There were one or two moments when I looked in the mirror and thought 'are you fooling yourself?'," he said.

"But later, when I started to write my thoughts into my diary I would tell myself it was not right to be so negative and I never went to bed thinking I wasn't going to make it.

"I do realise the older I get, the closer I am to the finishing line. You start to understand your career is not going to last forever. I treasure goals more now. I just want to make the most of everything."

Boss Sir Alex Ferguson says the Solskjaer thoroughly deserves his place in the side: "Ole played in a reserve game and one of my coaches came back and said I couldn't leave him out of the first team.

"I put him on the bench against Blackburn the following weekend, he came on, scored and has never stopped." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so painfully :**********)

David Gill is an utter utter turncoat twat, have you seen what they're letting Liverpool do on Sunday?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Poynton explained: "There will be a presentation marking the imminent 50th anniversary of Bobby Charlton's debut. This will be conducted by Bobby's very good friend, Roger

Hunt, and both Ian Callaghan and Tommy Smith will also be part of the ceremony.

"A friendship pennant designed by each club will be handed over by two disabled supporters, while the Liverpool and United disabled five-a-side team will take part in a penalty shootout at half time.

"When the Liverpool fans arrive at the ground, they will also see club images on the walls. David Gill agreed to this." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In an effort to promote goodwill between the two sets of supporters, Manchester United will allow Liverpool's travelling fans to drape the Old Trafford concourse with banners and flags during Sunday's Premiership clash.

Recent meetings between the two sides have been marred by violence with Liverpool supporters showering United fans with objects, including human excrement, during their FA Cup fifth-round tie at Anfield in February.

United thugs responded in April by displaying offensive banners – some with insults about the Hillsborough tragedy – on bridges over the M62 aimed at Liverpool supporters travelling to Old Trafford for the FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.

During that match, Liverpool fans daubed slogans about the Munich air crash inside the stadium and smashed toilets.

Against this backdrop of hate, United and Liverpool have come up with a series of initiatives to try to calm the tensions around the fixture.

The most notable is an agreement to allow flags and banners carrying pro-Liverpool messages to be displayed inside the stadium. The banners will be checked by Liverpool officials beforehand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right so they chuck sh!te at us and wreck the toilets/sinks and they're called "fans" we display some banners and we're "thugs"

go **** yourself Gill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I heard the loyalty pot for away games is getting scrapped because people will not sit? I think that is complete ******** as it's not just people who are in the loyalty pot who stand. But I am not complaining this might mean I have a better chance of away tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp, selfish twat. so people that have been to every away for the last few years can just **** off now?

they tried it for Bolton, didn't work.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Evra has been great all season tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, i'd say more consistent and very really had a bad game but i thought he was simply awesome yesterday.Never seen him play like that or maybe i havent really paid attention to him that much.

Right, Paul Scholes has been immense for us this season, and I love the little ginger prince to bits. But given our sluggishness in replacing Keano (something still arguably not yet achieved 4 years after it first became apparent), should we be looking to sign the long term Scholes replacement this summer? I’m of the firm belief we should, but if so, who? I’m really stuck.

We’ve got a similar situation with Giggsy, but the crucial difference there is that there’s several young left wingers we could name check as potential stars of the future who might fit in at United. But there seems to be a real lack of potentially world class forward thinking midfielders. Worries me, that does.

Going purely off the FM stakes (because I've not had Sky since I moved back from London), is Bodmer a possibility? That Moutinho bloke? Anyone with better world football knowledge fill me in?

Anyone who answers ‘Darren Fletcher’ is wrong, btw.

• 1 month later...

I bet we lose on Saturday. All this magical resting in order to ensure at least one game will be an abortion will be in vain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

morgs in going to HAVE you for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've long since resigned myself to defeat on saturday :*(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

isn't pique playing in the middle for zaragoza? sure i heard taz mention that basically every time he reports back on how he's doing.

kinda brings down his list of competitors to john o'shea, then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zaragoza have a great partnership at centre back so Pique more often than not plays Right Back or Centre Mid like our own John O'Shea.

He plays a lot for them though, a lot of starts and for a top 5 team in La Liga he doesnt look out of his depth at all, he looks like he belongs.

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ring the TO?

I currently have no idea about mine, doesn't arrive in the post til Monday according to the email I got.

The only other really convoluted way I'd imagine is to check your bank account or your friends bank account and see if the money has come out and estimate the cost of the ticket and compare it to the prices for each area of the ground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been on hold for nearly 20 minutes at the TO now :/ I'll give my mate a call

• 3 weeks later...

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Louis Saha will play no part in Saturday's FA Cup final, a game which can be seen live on Sky Sports 1.

The France international has been struggling with a combination of knee and hamstring problems and he has now joined the definite absentee list for the Wembley showpiece.

A scan on Monday confirmed that the injury-plagued front man will not be fit to figure, with news of his unavailability coming on the back of captain Gary Neville being ruled out by the necessity for ankle surgery.

Ferguson has reportedly grown exasperated by Saha's injury problems this term and while his absence has come as no surprise, it will likely only heighten speculation with regards his future.

"Louis is out," said Ferguson.

"He picked up the knee injury in Milan and we did another scan on Monday to identify the problem for clearly.

"With Louis now, it is a matter of deciding what to do next. We will be making a decision next week but we are considering an operation."

well not just that, i assume you want one in ST2, hence the "waiting list" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They building a new tier in the off season?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Huntelaar has better nicknames </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

burnt face man says otherwise

Archived