The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

right lets just buy bastien schweinsteiger or however his name is spelt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Means 'pig climber' in German, I'm reliably informed.

Ronaldo's diving did embarass me a bit tonight... particularly when he's actually clear of his man and could put a ball in.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

like everton </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since when were dark horses and mid-table mediocrities the same thing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY icon_mad.gif

We might pull of another amazing FOURTH place icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "The start is important because if you are playing catch-up for the rest of the season its hard.â€

“At least the one thing we did manage last season was to finish second, so we do not have the distraction of playing in the Champions League qualifiers before the Premiership starts.

“We have three or four weeks of the league before we even have to think about Europe.â€

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> “Every season is a big season at Manchester United.â€

“You are not just expected to win one trophy but two or three.

“We won the League Cup last year but we are looking to go on to bigger and better things. The Premiership is our priority.â€

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't get excited about signing Carrick at all at the moment. I think he's a good player in the right midfield, but i'm not convinced we've either got the right player to play next to him or that we'll sign someone for that job, and i think we've overpaid as well.

It's not that i think it's a bad buy, i'm just a bit 'meh' about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the same as mark really with this.

I've been saying for a while, since we were first linked with Carrick how much i wanted him. In fact i think it was me and PJ going on about him constantly that was what caused the original rumours about him coming during the summer.

Play him alongside Carrick you have two very different sitting midfielders.

With a player like Rooney who likes to come looking for the ball, they'll be able to give it to him in the way that he likes to receive it.

Two wingers will be able to push further forward, be a bit more advanced and it allows for a nice, flowing midfield unit which is geared towards a pacey attack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Sorry to talk football btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah get out ffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

You can have James' ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you don't want it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahem ! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, his parents would have a heart attack sat next to you mate icon_frown.gif

MotM: Scholes

Runner-up: Ronaldo

I can understand non-United fans slagging off Ronaldo but why do some United fans get dragged into it? On footballing terms Ronaldo was involved in both of our goals. Once again he was our only player who showed urgency to try and get the game won.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Watch it at the pub then? Don't be so damn selfish.

Ladle, I'm having problems with paypal, keep hold of them fivers for me mate, I'll get it sorted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** the selfishness, lol. I'd go without care at what the bloke behind me who's friend was left out will say icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

seriously baffled as to why anyone would pay £50+ for shirts from the megawhore. i've got:

06/07 short-sleeved home + Solskjaer 20

06/07 short-sleeved away + Scholes 18 (european numbering)

06/07 long-sleeved home + Giggs 11 (european numbering)

off ebay for a combined total of less than one megawhore one icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I've now eaten so can type without getting grease on my keyboard.

Myself, Jonny and Nick arrived in London with plenty of time, texted Juni but the gaylord took ages to arrive, Jules met up with us, ditto Alilaw. The latter suitably sh*tting himself when my ticket bloke didn't turn up till after KO icon_biggrin.gif

Walked up to our seats, to find that there were no seats so we were stood in the aisle, fantastic atmosphere at first (United calypso ftw) then they scored and it went flat, then we equalised and went MENTAL, second half not so good really, I sent Mika/Juni the same text at 14.12 "I can't believe we've drawn here today" anti jinx ftw.

then it happened, ronaldo ran, took on 1, took on 2, shot and boom, utter bedlam, my glasses flew off but I managed to grab them and still go utterly mental, ended up a few stairs down too icon_biggrin.gif

Oh so happy, next week SO crucial

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

30 in july here icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's nothing, 35 in May. icon_frown.gif

Where's Eddie when you need him?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oh yeah, almost forgot - fergie trying to catch the ball and failing miserably wffffffb

and when ole scored, as well as the apologetic look you had the likes of rio and smudger coming over and clearly saying something along the lines of "bloody hell, you always bloody score" icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

still wouldnt touch mikel and still beyond happy with our £12m for doing rock all, cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

precisely whs. Mikel's improved from the waste of space he was earlier in the season but i'd still take the £12m now any day of the week.

I'd knock Leeds down a bit, I really couldn't give a **** about them, but maybe that's just me, Liverpool and City are surely much much rivals than them? Maybe just take them down to 18.

Everton I wouldn't see as rivals at all, at least knock them down to level with Blackburn.

literally shaking with fear about how our patchwork defence is going to cope with the likes of kaka and inzaghi, but with milan's aging defence there may be some joy for ronaldo what with his pace.

thought we looked tired against boro, if we look as weary as we did then they'll take us apart

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Running Total: 7

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

theis - 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

Hero of the day - 83

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

ajw2255 - 70

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

davidbowie 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

Matt Cavanagh - 54

mark g 52

keyser - 50

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Taz Devil - 41

Saha - 39

The_Fish - 37

finneys13 - 36

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I don't really see it as a 451 not in the sense that most English clubs use it. It's generally more of a 4231 that the Spanish clubs particularly Barcelona use a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kind of a 4231 as well as 433 and 451 icon_biggrin.gif

it's ridiculously fluid at times. find lots of our players go to the right.. the left... up top... drop deep... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At times when we've played it with a really attacking mentality, the football has been fantastic, it must be so hard to defend against when the front 4 are all rotating around from right to left with Scholes/Carrick willing to roam forwards at will as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'd love that on my phone icon_frown.gif

what are we all doing tomorrow night then chaps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why, what's happening tomorrow?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

just found the body of a girl under my bed but it was a false alarm. She's been there for months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plastic or decayed flesh?

Archived