foobR

1. Hate Alex Ferguson - No

2. Hate Carlos Queiroz Yes

3. Hate David Gill - Yes

4. Hate the Glazers Yes

5. Hate Rio Ferdinand No

6. Hate Darren Fletcher No

7. Hate 90% of their fellow Utd fans No, but I do hate some

8. Hate scousers but see no discrepancy between this and 9) No, I hate Liverpool Football Club

9. Love Wayne Rooney No

10. Love Ruud (despite him being a slapped arse, past-it LIAR who's been looking for a move with years) No

11. Once loved but now hate Ronaldo. No

12. Love Paul Scholes Yes

13. Love Brian Kidd Yes

14. Love OleYes, but not in a Nick way

15. Love Heinze Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

yeah but how many of them were in line for ypott? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really my point. but, by that rationale, the implication is that podolski went the entire tournament without diving or any other such carrying on. yeah right... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it isn't your point but it's perhaps the point of the guy making the decision? And pull the other one if Podolski was anywhere near as bad (and I mean 1/1000th as bad) as Cronnie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, hand on mate. you can't disassociate the two points - they're one and the same. singling out one player and excluding him from an award on the bais of his lack of "fair play" in a tournament that has been rife with such behaviour is ridiculous. saying one has done it more often than another so should therefore not be excluded is equally ridiculous. where is the line drawn? how much cheating is too much bfore you beome ineligible for the award? to have to ask such questions is farcical.

furthermore, there are three reasons why i know podolski has cheated during this tournament -

1/ he's german.

2/ he's a professional footballer (and has played at this world cup)

3/ he's german.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Germans > Portugese

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Love it how Becks could handle it, effigys being burnt yet this little twat can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously, stop. I couldn't give 2 sh*ts if Becks could handle it.. he had a different situation, being based in his home nation with family etc.

If anything the fact Ronaldo can't handle the pressure should mean we respect his decision more. Unless of course you want him to carry on playing for us in a state of depression doing no good for anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I agree with Mart here. This is the perfect excuse he's been waiting for to jump ship. F**k respecting his decision, if he goes it's on our terms for once, enough of this kow-towing to players and getting screwed in transfer deals crap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

iirc some United fans on here wanted Hargreaves before the WC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me and PJ basically started the rumour mill about a Carrick/Hargreaves midfield partnership, before the world cup.

What players do you want next lads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh shut up Carter, we didn't start a rumour ffs, we just said it could be a good partnership.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Listen you little aussie *****. if you don't **** off. I'm going to get Marlow to give me your IP address. I'll find out where you live, catch the next flight to topsy turvey land, kick down your door, strangle the life out of you, break your neck, whap my **** out and **** all over your freshly dead corpse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah mate, you'll get sidetracked to New Zealand.

Sheep icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

omgz rofflecopter, you spat?! Well played, I'd throw you off the edge.

haha the referee is a winker, omgz that is just so lyke funny.

dude, you scream DAYTRIPPER

"look they're singing songs with swear words in *giggle* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was right icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No no no.

I'd appreciate you not lumping me in with the likes of Taz. I always admit it when our crap players have decent games.. it's just that by definition it doesn't happen too often.

Silvestre by and large does nothing that well and continually makes mistakes that could potentially (or actually do) cost us games. That. Is. Fact.

If he has a good game with no mistakes, where he makes loads of brilliant interceptions, wins every header and fires in loads of great crosses then I will give him the praise he deserves.

..But he doesn't. That's the tragedy.

• 2 weeks later...

wd on pumping copenhagen tonight guys! Lets hope we can follow on tonights excellent performance in 2 weeks and follow you to the knockout stages!! They were poor against us, a 1-0 victory at home says it all about how we played that night. I had you down for a 4-0 tbh.

it could be one big party at Paradise in late november icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

On the performances i've seen so this season i really cannot see what the fuss is with Jones.

He looked utterly clueless and lost the entire game. Should have gone off far sooner than he did.

No disrespect intended here, but, if he can't impose himself on a game when we're playing Southend, then i do not see how he could do it in the Premiership. He looked totally inept whenever he had the ball.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

it's a f**king rubbish opinion icon14.gif

try getting your noggin round this:

WE ARE ALL ENJOYING THE MOMENT, BUT WE ARE ALSO REFUSING TO STICK OUR HEAD IN THE SAND AND IGNORE THE GLARING TACTICAL ERRORS THAT SAW US GO A GOAL BEHIND. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BOTH BE PLEASED WITH THE PERFORMANCE AND POINT OUT ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need for the f**king insults icon14.gif

Tactics don't win games. Players do. Of course there's room to point out improvements. Maybe a little more happiness would go well with what has actually happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

christ almighty. if you have a son, i can only hope for his sake that you never coach his team. if you seriously think tactics play no part, you officially know absolutely nothing, zip, nil, nada about the game of football.

nb: WE ARE ALL ****ING HAPPY YOU MORON

• 3 weeks later...

he does nothing whatsover to put reo-coker off because he's flapping too much, all he does by committing himself is give reo coker the entire goal to aim at, rather then half a goal.

he either has to totally commit, immediately, to getting to the cutback, or block the goal. and he does neither.

\O\ he plays on the leeeeeeft \O\

/O/ he plays on the riiiiiiiiight /O/

that boy ronaldo, made yet another team look sh!te \O/

ah, awesome day. got absolutely f**king drenched on the way to the ground and set there shivering my arse off, but it was worth it for that second half performance and the results icon_cool.gif

Ronnie sublime, again. simply unplayable with increasing regularity, end product in spades, playing with a smile on his face. he looks to be absolutely buzzing off his (and the team's) form at the minute, wouldn't swap him for anyone in the world. Carrick, Wes, Rooney and Giggs were all pretty ace too, Ole was in and out of the game but his movement and finishing are still so so class. I'd have actually included Mickey in the 'wp' list until he went and made his obligatory ****-up in the last minute for the SECOND GAME RUNNING. VDS will want to forget today, a Schmeichel-in-Munich-in-the-treble-season-esque error for the first goal, megged for the second - hopefully that any shakiness from him out the way for a while. JOS was average, which is better than usual tbf. Richardson wasn't an utter abomination when he came on as well - one decent bit of tracking back followed by a tackle, a good clearance from a corner, a good through ball for giggs and then getting himself booked for the cause. got booed a bit when he came on though, still deserved.

formalities - motm: ronaldo, 2nd: carrick

reading were pretty good in the first half - took the game to us, played some decent stuff, probably deserved to be level at half-time. couldn't really handle us in the second half though, final scoreline seriously flattered them. quite why we needed to make the last few minutes so nervy i don't know - phfft, wouldn't have it any other way really. as for reading's fans - came with a big reputation, didn't disappoint when their team were on level terms but there wasn't a peep out of them when we were leading, which is ultimately the acid test of a set of supporters. pretty limited repertoire of songs as well, basically very 'championship'. still, noisier than most/all in the away end this season.

monday so so crucial now. 12/12 in this festive run would be HUGE. can't quite see it, sadly

true, but equally it's a shame to see someone continually tarred with that brush when he's made a very obvious effort to cut out the diving and when he's genuinely being fouled. would be nice if people (not just the newcastle fans ofc, and united fans are probably as guilty of this with other players/teams) judged players on merit rather than falling back on stereotypes.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Thinking today, Carrick has the exact role Veron would have killed to get at the club.

If Veron was Carricks age who would you rather have playing alongside Scholes if you had the choice? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick impressed with with the amount of defensive work he was prepared to do despite not being a traditional DMC type player. Veron could never do that.Ergo, Veron -Scholes midfield wouldnt work well.

it is NOT wrong ffs. icon_biggrin.gif

fletcher will be scholes long term replacement and be ffffffffffb at it too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such faith. icon_frown.gif

Can't see that happening, tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Oh and on the leaving early thing, many people leave to get the train, which is chaos. Only two trains come, and if you miss the first one you can end up waiting half an hour for the second, just so you could watch injury time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i appreciate that's an issue if you've another train/flight to catch, but if not surely half an hour's waiting is no big deal whatsoever? just applauding the lads off after a performance like yesterday would be worth having to hang around for half an hour, let alone the fact that with United there's always the chance you're going to miss 4/5 goals a season even if you leave on 89/90 minutes.

i just don't get the mindset of people who are so bothered about being stuck in queues. it's easy for me to say now when i generally stroll home afterwards, but back when i was travelling up from 200-300 miles away i'd still never have dreamt of leaving before the end. what does an extra 20-30 minutes in the car matter really, especially if you're going to get back late anyway.

No, we got chubbed for the semi, but Mart said last night that there were going to be new applications accepted today? Can't see anything on the site.

I'm so ****ed off with this. We've applied for every away game in the last 4 seasons (missed one the season before so didn't get in the loyalty pot). We get treated exactly the same as someone who got a season ticket this year and has never applied for a single away. It stinks.

• 2 weeks later...

oh and ronaldooooooo you can't have my ticket for the semi as we're going with mu travel and you can't apply in the ballot too, sorry dude </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol would of been a bit obvious that tbh, why else would they ask for the member number

a little surprised they dont stop non ST holders fromn applying through MU Travel but then as long as they get the money i doubt they care

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Link

Look what Hansen said in his column

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I do not think either of them will win all three trophies they still fighting for. The treble has been done before and it will happen again, but it is possibly easier to achieve when the league is wrapped up early, like it was for Man Utd in 1999. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So according to the best pundit ever in the world we had it wrapped up early in 99 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't see any quote in there saying we wrapped it up early in 99..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Should be a rule where well-known users are given more lenient punishment. Kinda like the one UEFA has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never been booked, me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rossi scored twice today for Parma and was taken off after 52 mins as they were 4-0 up.

Thats 9 so far for Parma, all in Serie A. A one man rescue act. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ranieri > Rossi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

ps i was up at half 10 today icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet that was only so you had time to watch all your cup finals icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, yes, maybe so. also because i need to gradually acclimatise to the shockingly early start tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2pm -> 10.30am -> 6am or whatever ungodly time you're leaving tomorrow...

Not exactly gradual icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

\o/ finally a contentious one that I nominated that actually won </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Contentious?

It should have won moment of the season tbh...

Archived