The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

I really don't care, tbf. People seem far too ready to jump on him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here or in general?

Seems from what I've seen Ronaldo is the villian of the piece and Wayne's 'got away' unscathed....he's being cast as the victim by the media. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well Ronaldo isn't the "villan" is he? He behaved appallingly, but he wasn't responsible for the red card

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I thought everyone had Carter on block? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah only the pathetic gobsh*tes who like to copy you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

sell ferdinand tbh. you've got cover for him, he'll still generate a pile of cash and you might be able to basically finance an entire new midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got crucified when I mentioned the mere possibility of this icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not you. I am wise beyond all reckoning of years

Sorry, i'm bored. The office is hot, all the senoir management is away and i've done everything i need to do today. All i can do is press refresh on OTF to keep me sane.

hmm, this year.

Well we've come 7th - 17th - 4th - 11th so i think we're due a good one.

Maybe about 7th?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Hows the sand Gregg? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

head in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is my head in the sand? I know the situation we're in, I know whats needed from us, i know it's very unlikely to happen.

I just bite my lip and get on with it, because doing anything else achieves precisley nothing.

Again, it's pathetic little comments just because im not reacting in the same way as you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JK_Warch:

I asked this in the other thread but it got mixed up in the Pennant hilarity...

Is there any particular reason that the Carrick deal is taking so long? Is he demanding wierd wages or Spurs asking too much etc? I thought you'd agreed a £14million price tag </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We never had a bid accepted by spurs for him...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Not that we actually care or anything? icon_biggrin.gif

Page topping so last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liar, you were poised and ready, Matt told me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Deary me...what are we going to do with you Joseph? *shakes head*

There are so many things wrong with what you post its almost painful watching the others point them out to you.

Can I just ask...no wait bad idea...skip it...

So lads Diarra & Adriano; I assume we're all taking this as nothing more than the result of it being a slow news day for a couple of sports desks? Senna & Kusczak to be confirmed by the end of the week? Who heard that it was McShane that was going to be the likely loanee as part of the latter deal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should note that this is United related & doesn't refer to whatever reason you've all got to talk about AS.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

haha if thats true surely you have a striker lined up? If Ole goes are Saha and Rooney your only strikers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trezeguet icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

If that's aimed at me, yes I do have a GCSE in Business Studies, but I also have a degree in the field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A desmond from the bury institute of catering?

• 3 weeks later...

Viagogo is basically legalised touting, its a bit of a rip off.

Your more than welcome to use my one united membership if you want Ali, ive hardly applied to any games because im lazy really and i know i can get tickets from mart or various other sources.

The ticket office is a ****ing shambles and with the increased amounts of STs being a one united member is pretty much pointless. Join RI forums or else where for a tenner and you can get tickets mucho easier than going through offical channels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If i was listening to it, i'd say so. It is on one of the autonumbers on my radio and i do listen to it. I was trying to get to RedDragon before i left work so i could hear traffic updates.

But you keep having popshots at me for no reason eh Pete? So long as having a go at me makes you feel better about yourself icon14.gif

I really liked Webb when he was at Forest and was delighted that United signed him as I've always been a sucker for that type of elegant ball-playing midfielder, perhaps even more so because United have seldom had them.

His injury meant that his United career effectively ended before he had a chance to really show what he could do, but there was enough in the first month to suggest he could have become a great player for us.

I have to say, that performance was just dreadful. There were 2 playes who actually did something today and they were Vidic and Ronaldo. Everyone else were just hiding or f***ing something up.

Park should just never, ever shoot again and can gtf in the summer. Saha was awful. It was like watching a match on FM 07 with him. 'Oh I have got a very tight angle, I'll never score but hey I'll shoot anyway despite there being someone in a better position in the area'. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

That kepper can eff off aswell as he was just shocking today.

MOTM: Vidic

RU: Ronaldo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Firlâ„¢:

I still think 02/03 was the best feeling ever, but this is somewhere up there.

16 titles!! MON, WE NEED JUST 3 MORE!!

Think it'll happen in my lifetime. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dad who's a Liverpool fan always used to say when we first started winning, that we'd never match Liverpools league title successes. Now it's "you won't match our European cup wins"

Always moving the goalposts.

• 2 weeks later...

disappointing.

was in a pub with a good mix of Chelsea and United fans, good atmosphere until the Giggs 'goal'. Then one of the Chelsea fans became an absolute spanner, asking everyone for a fight, removing his felt tip pen created t-shirt and became the epitomy of a bad winner. The majority of the Chelsea fans said they'd rather have the Premiership than the FA Cup.

MOM: Vidic - absolutely immense against Drogba, kept him quiet almost the whole of the game. However Drogba showed why he is one of the best goalscorers in football at the moment, as the one chance he got he stuck it away.

2nd: Scholes and Rooney - just kept on going

AFFG: O'Shea - lets Lampard free during the build up, then failed to cover the run of Drogba.

I have to say that I've seen both Nani and Anderson play and I think that Anderson is such a player, will definately be something big. Nani less so I think. He does have good technique and can get past his man but the reports that are saying he'll be as good as Ronaldo I think are untrue. He will develope more but I don't think he'll be a United regular.

However for those that have seen Anderson, don't you agree he has a very similiar playing style as Rooney? Seems a bit weird that they're going for the same typ eof player rather then a Villa, Eto'o, Klose type of player? Someone with the goals.

All in all the transfer merry-go-round has just started but I think Anderson and Hargreaves will be signings of the season already so well done Alex and co icon14.gif (and that's coming from a Liverpool supporter icon_wink.gif )

Archived