The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

OMG 15 POINTS BEHIND CHELSEA WITH 5 GAMES LEFT TITLE STILL ON LADS!!!11111ONE111

Trump card played. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do we have to remind you of how giddy your lot got whe nyou had games in hand & could have gone clear of us?

I also remember a certain Wigan thread where there was a certai nsmugness when we were losing & someone posted about games in hand & not counting your chickens. We then won that game in the last minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we thought we might be in 2nd place. Super. Giddiness overload there.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

On Ronaldo i can't believe there is pro-ronaldo people on yesterday antics. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't a United player he tried to get sent off. The fact is, playing in an international or not, he tried to get one of his own team mates sent off. How can he expect that will be accepted? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bahahah it's ok if it's not a united player?icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok let me change that, i wouldn't have cared half has much

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Why Matt? Surely you expected this? icon_biggrin.gif

It's probably better than your expectations actually. A pessimist is never disappointed and all that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'cos all United pessimists are double secret optimists although we'll deny it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

did i imgaine a hilarious gaff in a recent international game too?

nowhere near dependable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, think he was replaced by Boruc from Celtic after he let in a Colombian Goal kick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boruc played the first half, Kuszczak the second. Both made gaffs, Kuszczak's far worse and so Boruc got the nod for the World Cup

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

We're just two players short </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are we hell icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll elaborate on that, I think we're possibly two CM's, a striker and a winger away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

£10m for a 30 year old with a dodgy knee not bad business then really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would go along with that

Butt was crap, PNev was crap, Keane was on a downward spiral, ditto Scholes (SO looking forward to him mistiming tackles this season) Fletcher just isn't good enough, Kleberson was a sicknote and Djemba Djemba was Ali Dia's brother.

The signs were there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I'm sure you all use these acronym's just to alienate the old gits like me. I only worked out what 'yhm' means thanks to wakeyrocket's reply icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ytweut

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'm a Man Utd fan and agree with everything that you have written,

it's a shambolic situation and for Gill to come out months ago and say

that want to get everything sorted by the World Cup and then Fergie to

come out and say we always knew it would be after the World Cup.

Something is clearly amiss.

It's obvious to the "hardcore" that we haven't got a pot to **** in

and we're going to have the average players such as

O'Shea/Fletcher/Silvestre/Richardson in the side while

Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool have all made signings. It takes the mickey

that ticket prices have gone up (£26 and now it's £30) and yet not one

signing this summer.

What makes me laugh is that Fergie will come out with "Well we tried

to sign a few players but unfortunately time ran out and we were

unable to complete any signings, I am happy with the squad I have" yet

he has said this "If I were to start the season with all the players

I've got available, all fit, I don't think the supporters would be

disappointed - neither would I."

It's a joke, an utter joke. I wish he would come out and say that we

haven't got a pot to **** in" but sadly he won't as and I quote "the

Glazers have been great". It's a shambolic state and he would go out

as a legend if he came out and said "Right, I'm off, we can't sign

anyone, let some other joker run the club" as it is, if he carries on

with this ******** he will lose the legacy that he has built for years

on end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

email I just sent to Oliver Holt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

No, i'd chip in for his air fare. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good, so you don't have a point with the Ronaldo comparison.

ferme votre trap.

If you judge Sissoko next to Alonso or Gerrard he can indeed look average, but I'd prefer him to Fletcher, JOS or Giggs in central midfield already, and he has further capacity to improve upon his potential than those three.

To say he's rubbish is nonsense to be fair.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Polack can call me blimp all he likes, he's an uglier version of Bagpuss \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not possibe.

Looking at BBB, i was thinking about Krakatoa was about to blow. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB can lose weight you'll always be an ugly cooooont by the sounds of it icon_biggrin.gif

*never even seen the bloke

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> including a contractual obligation to play them in every match, and a contractual obligation to let them be sold for profits - for MSI to pocket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah sod that icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can see glazer thinking lets do that for our listed players icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't we forced Zaragoza to play Pique or face financial penalties? icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Saves money. The more automatic the process is the less money it costs to run it. Expect the future to see Season tickets/member tickets using the swipe card method featured at places like Eastlands, Ashburton Grove etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its a bar code for blackburn so i'm gonna crease the **** out of marts ticket to stop him getting in icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Quieroz? I thought SAF was the manager? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He gets the 'credit' for our more negative, defensive European-style performances.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'll be alone in the Giggs praise then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll back you up after FF no doubt :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers :*)

I am right tbh. Ignore Nick/BBB/Taz et al.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do think Chelsea will win, but you have to admit Newcastle have hit some good form of late, in both the Premiership and Europe. Another Chelsea slip-up could be on the cards, they are under pressure tonight and if Newcastle can defend well, for the first time ever, I feel they could get something.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Carlos Queiroz, Sir Alex Ferguson's No2 at Manchester United, has floated the possibility that he may leave the club at the end of the season because of his desire to return to management in his own right.

Queiroz had a tumultuous spell at Real Madrid, which ended with the sack in 2004 after only a year, but he does not seem to have been put off, saying he may decide to leave United for "other projects". He said he was waiting for offers, but he made it clear he was not against the idea of continuing to work with Ferguson.

"My deal finishes in June and it will have been three years for me," he said. "Whether I stay after that depends on the decision of Alex and the owners [the Glazers]." Of an apparent desire to return to Portugal he added: "Initially I left for six months and now it has been 11 years. I have not received a spectacular offer to reject the opportunity of going back."

It is thought Queiroz, 53, may be trying to hurry United into making a new offer. They previously said they would offer him a new contract when his present deal was with 12 months of expiring. But the board seem to have developed cold feet because of the possibility that Ferguson, despite his recent declarations, will retire "at the top" if he wins the Premiership or Champions League this season.

Louis Saha hopes to be back for United's league game against Aston Villa a week on Saturday. A scan showed that the striker's groin injury was not as serious as feared.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone may as well bring this up. Beckham is leaving Madrid.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him back here as a squad player. Plus I imagine the Glazers wouldn't mind him for his marketability (is that even a word?).

I am aware most people would rather see him go elsewhere but meh it had to be mentioned at some point.

I see what you're saying and I'm not worrying as such, I just don't see the six points as being as significant as it might look. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm more looking at a 6 point lead, effectively 7, as being beyond my wildest dreams for this stage of the season had you asked me in august. I see what you're saying in terms of significance, as bigger leads have been lost to lesser teams than Chelsea at this stage of previous seasons. But the same assumptions that might suggest us finishing second this year wouldn't have given us this lead either, so there's at least hope where before there was none.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ferguson's resolve comes under pressure as clubs queue for Rossi

Daniel Taylor

Wednesday January 24, 2007

The Guardian

Giuseppe Rossi's future at Manchester United has come into doubt after it emerged that several of Italy's leading clubs were investigating whether Sir Alex Ferguson could be persuaded to sell the talented 19-year-old attacker.

Rossi is currently on loan at Parma and, having marked his debut in Serie A by scoring a splendid winner against Torino on Sunday, his agent Andrea Pastorello said that Milan, Juventus, Roma and Internazionale had all inquired about the teenager's potential availability, while Barcelona are also said to have registered an interest.

That may alarm Ferguson but it is unlikely to surprise him given how highly he rates Rossi, who struggled to make much of an impact during a loan spell at Newcastle earlier this season. Ferguson has spoken about Rossi being an integral part of United's future and the Old Trafford hierarchy have repelled a number of potential buyers over the last year. "They have great faith in Giuseppe and turned down a £4.2m bid before the season started," said Pastorello. "I'm grateful to United and we will never clash. But in terms of his characteristics, I think Rossi is more suited to the Italian game and that's why we rejected a loan to another English club [after his spell at Newcastle]. He is at Parma now and he has a chance to shine."

Ferguson's problem may be keeping Rossi happy when his loan deal expires at the end of the season. By then Henrik Larsson will have returned to Sweden but United will have Louis Saha, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Wayne Rooney vying for places in attack. Alan Smith is still on the scene, despite playing only a minimal part since recovering from a broken leg, and Ferguson is widely expected to bring in another established striker. His priority remains to sign the midfielder Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich. However, Bayern's manager, Felix Magath, indicated that no one would be leaving the German club in this window.

With all that to consider, Rossi is contemplating whether he would be better off staying at Old Trafford or moving to another club where he might stand a better chance of playing more regularly. "We have had contact with Barcelona," Pastorello confirmed. "But I repeat that it will not be easy to take him away from Manchester United." Asked about a possible fee, he replied: "They've already said no to £4.2m, which is no small fee by today's standards."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

has anyone seen this video on youtube? taking the **** out of the season ticket feeling website... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gonna love it if we win the league & they come on the pitch icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of the numpties would clap, the hardcore would boo I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by herts2002:

Charlton really have started quite brightly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats because Song is playing icon_cool.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

i've just found out i'm going to be in northern ireland visiting relatives from the 8th-15th of april meaning i'll miss sheff utd at home and i'll probably just get home to watch chelsea away on tv. icon_frown.gif

i'll be so upset if we get chelsea tickets now. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart will be on to you any minute whoring for potential Chelsea tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Kieran Richardson with a chance to win us all over tonight then. cripple that fat **** Kieran and all is forgiven. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fowler would win me over if he crippled Richardson to be fair icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

wp on the semi final tickets lads, not my credit card so i'll have to wait for the ballot. icon_frown.gif

Oh and on the leaving early thing, many people leave to get the train, which is chaos. Only two trains come, and if you miss the first one you can end up waiting half an hour for the second, just so you could watch injury time.

But leaving 10 mins before HT and only coming back 10 mins into the second half is a disgrace.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robinhood:

SAF part of a 5 man scouting party on their way to watch Huntelaar tonight, hopefully he'll shine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is this FACT?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived