The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Then again I guess we're resigned to that now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're signing Shearer, Torres, Greaves and Pele. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yah, and Cantona is coming out of retirement apparently. Future is looking bright.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

sell ferdinand tbh. you've got cover for him, he'll still generate a pile of cash and you might be able to basically finance an entire new midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got crucified when I mentioned the mere possibility of this icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You deserved every bit of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said we 'should'. Just that it might be a better option than any others if we needed to sell before we buy.

I'll break someone if we get Defoe for £16 million...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

haha eddie such a day tripper. So really tomorrow couldve cost ticket + diesel about £55. It will be worth it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't go to footie match without a feckin' camera. icon15.gif

Been meaning to get a digi camera for eons, though.

Oh and Portsmouth had 13 shots on target today. So take away the goals, thats 10 saves. As a captain, thats 20 points. Take into account minus points, and from the sounds of the match reports, him being included as one of the top three players of the game and you begin to see why he would have that many points.

Basically, shows you should pick a good goalkeeper with a crap defense in your side every time icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Bends:

Fletcher was poor, suprised how many people are saying he was good and I'm usually a fan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had arguably his best 45mins of football for the club in the second half imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me tonight was his best performance since the Arsenal Semi-Final in 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

So, has anyone optimism for the season been dampened now we've been knocked off the top of the table? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we're going to win the league. optimistic enough?

actually, i'm serious. we'll win it back. BELIEVE! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anyone use the Michael Wray excel spreadsheet that does premiership predictions? I hope it's right, because at the minute it's predicting we'll not only win the league, but win every game as well icon_biggrin.gif

The fact that the predicted final table has Bolton finishing second slightly dents my confidence in it, however icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don;t care who comes second - we're winning the league damnit. BELIEVE icon_mad.gif

actually, i DO care who comes second. i'd LUV IT if the scouse finished runners up. LUV IT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ferdinand on pal: Wazza just needs a goal

Rio Ferdinand has launched a staunch defence of Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney.

The £27million England striker has come under increasing scrutiny ahead of tonight's Champions League revenge mission against Benfica.

Sir Alex Ferguson has already dismissed the critics, claiming Rooney is suffering only due to an acute shortage of meaningful match action over the past six months.

Ferdinand shares a belief with his manager that there is no long-term problem surrounding his close friend and feels it will only take a goal from the 20-year-old to ease the pressure.

'If Wayne had scored against Reading on Saturday, the questions about him would probably not be being asked,' he said.

'I thought he did well at the weekend and got stronger as the game went on.

'But, as we all know, strikers are judged on goals. Everyone knows what a quality player he is and once he scores, people will soon be singing his praises again.'

Without a goal in Europe since his sensational debut-day hat-trick against Fenerbahce two years ago, Rooney is certainly due a Champions League scoring spree.

• 4 weeks later...

1)

YOU ARE MY SOLSKJAER

You are my Solskjaer,

My Ole Solskjaer,

You make me happy,

When skies are grey,

And Alan Shearer, Was ****ing dearer,

So Please don't take, My Solskjaer, Away.....

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such an awesome song :thup

Can remember back at the Celtic game earlier this season we were singing this one, the busby boys ones most the night.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Nobody can possibly defend O'Shea tonight. Awful performance from a woeful and passionless player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In recent seasons he has just become a pointless member of the squad.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

NO

we can't be happy with a draw ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im guessing your talking about Tuesday? your'e right in saying that we shouldn't be playing for a draw, we should be going for the win and will be no doubt, but if Ferguson plays O'shea/Richardson/and to a lesser extent Silvestre which he could very well do, the most we will probably get out of it is a draw and tbh I could deal with a draw against Celtic, mainly because I think we will beat Benifca comfortably in the last game.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Pompey was clapping actually, I remember being there with my ex and her not being able to move her hands due to them literally being frozen. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you sure? it was a 5.15 kickoff on a saturday, a few hours after the funeral. i'm almost certain it was a silence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

scrap that, you were right

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, the beeb seem to think we've made a bid for Bale:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Southampton have offered highly-rated youngster Gareth Bale a deal extension after rejecting two Premiership club bids, reports BBC Radio Solent.

Manchester United are believed to have followed Tottenham in making a firm offer for Wales international Bale. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

other rumours abound include bids for Hargreaves and David Bentley, and a Spurs bid for Richardson. none of them to be true, ofc

Just for Nick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Jones opens door to Wales career

Derby County's new £1m signing David Jones says he has not yet decided where his national allegiance lies.

The 22-year-old midfielder, who completed his move from Manchester United on Thursday, is eligible to play for both Wales and England.

Jones has played once for England Under-21s in a non-competitive match, meaning he could still play for Wales.

"I definitely have not closed the door on possibly playing for Wales one day," Jones told the Daily Post.

"I've turned down a couple of England get-togethers recently because I want to establish myself as a club regular before I think about anything else.

"It was difficult going away on international duty when I wasn't playing regularly at United.

"But I'm not impatient about that at the moment. I want to do well for Derby County first and foremost and the rest is for the future."

Ironically, Jones' first appearance as an official Derby player will be against the club he joined as a nine-year-old and once supported - Wrexham.

The Dragons have a proud history of FA Cup shocks, and Jones was at the Racecourse in 1992 to witness their biggest upset of all as Brian Flynn's side knocked Arsenal out in the third round.

He experienced the unpredictability of the Cup himself 13 years later when he played the full 90 minutes in Man Utd's 0-0 draw with non-league Exeter City at Old Trafford.

"It just shows what can happen in the Cup and proves that what on paper looks an easy game is never the case," said Jones, who had been on loan at Derby from Man Utd since November.

"Wrexham have a great history in the competition and nowadays every Football League team is well organised and difficult to break down.

"So everyone at Derby is aware that we will need to be top of our game to go through to the next round." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My ganz neu database is out of feckin' date. icon_eek.gif Sort It Out, NOGST

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

yeah. saha to start on wednesday, be nice to actually see us control and dominate a game, it's been a while. surely the confidence gained in this run of four away games has to be a huge boost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair we did have a run of away games. We've won them all though. Better than I could have ever dreamed.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Anyone see the banner/flag hanging from WT2 before the game? red, white and black horizontal stripes, I think the black bit said "R.I.P <someone's name>". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No didn't see it , although wasn't looking tbf.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Speaking after the game, Ronaldo outlined his current happiness with his form and again stressed his wish to stay at Old Trafford.

"Am I the best in the world? I have been improving my game and I'm in a great shape this year. I feel mature," he told the Portuguese media.

"The Manchester United players are by my side and I also have a great help in the national team.

"But of course I believe I am one of the best.

"I have a good contract in financial terms and what really matters to me is to show my game.

"It's a good sign to know that I have so many clubs interested in me, such as Madrid. It means that I am valued and my work pleases.

"But I'm very happy where I am and I hope to stay in Manchester United for many years." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done SLO_Fila, you've just confused yourself over 3 different races of people that come from three different regions of the world and have very small degrees of similarity with each other. Wp.

The game was fb , yelled out f*** yeah when Carrick scored and woke up my dad. But what a comeback, was bricking it thinking we've stuffed it but the response was excellent. Shame Chelsea nicked another last minute win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

keyser pretty ****ing spot on, pathetic performance tonight utterly pathetic.

not really much else we can say, gattuso scares the **** out of ronaldo, no one was fired up for this game. terrible terrible terrible performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anderson's having his medical today btw, deal could/should go through tonight all being well. suspect we might wait and unveil the three of them at once though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waiting until June 6th or whatever that silly date BBB had bookmarked last year was?

Archived