The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I measure rivalry on history/local rivalry first, and more recent 'footballing' rivalry second.

imo its important to the realism of the game that the 'match' reflects the rivalry that we've seen on the pitch/among fans in recent years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with that, but does the game itself not cater for that? I mean, surely the game is coded so that there's always rivalries between the teams fighting for titles?

If you have to manually create those rivalries at the start of a game - and as such give a particular club an artificially high 'rival rating' - what happens when that particular club (or indeed the club you're managing) is no longer challenging for that title? What if one gets relegated? That rivalry still exists, when in real life, it wouldn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Things like that linger, though. Arsenal were well out of the race by the time they came to OT (although you could argue we were as well, obviously), but it was still a bigger game than the spurs one that was around the same time. The recent history doesn't just go overnight, even if it doesn't last as long as the historical ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, I'm not saying there should be no rivalry with Arsenal - just that having Arsenal one point lower than Leeds is a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

"If anyone else wants Frans msn, let me know"

icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB will pass it on can't be arsed to email people today too lazy to access it , plus my jaw hurts from where the <STRIKE>butcher</STRIKE> surgeon was prodding me today to see how it was holding up

The_Southern_Mackem thinks aliases are bad and should banned at once. Justice should be done on these bad people so that people like the_Southern_Mackem do not get confused. The_Southern_Mackem wants something done about this as soon as possible. Take a deep breath and everything will turn out fine.

Mackem!!Mackem!!Mackem!!but not AliasKem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I never realised this waheyrocket chap was a manc, slighly redresses the manc/scouse **** ratio on OTF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This bloke really gripes me, go and stand outside Highbury & **** away at what used to be because you'll never see any silverware at your new ground. Now SC has left & Ashley Cole is on his way you'll be a foreign legion in the EPL you should be ashamed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Die please icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crilly:

yet again common sense goes out the window whenever the FA deals with manchester united. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

But yeah, this is ludicrous, more so for the fact that they miss the sodding Spurs game. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Will Owen Hargreaves be a Man Utd player by the end of the month?

* Yes

* No

</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The vote on Sky Sports page. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

nah i was actually hoping for senegal to answer that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A summary of a thread is a completely different thing from a round-up tbh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Statements like "we're better than them" are just pointless and arrogant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and true

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Knives waaayyy too messy, tbh. I have a nice garrotte. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheesewire ftw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amounts to the same thing, no ?

• 3 weeks later...

MOM: Paul Scholes

2ND: John O'Shea (though there were a bunch of candidates, Giggsy and Gabby probably closest)

I love football.

I also love Paul Scholes. Shreeves asked him the question and if he says that "its on", then "its on"! Well deserved MOM for me at the heart of everything yet again.

Like Taz said nobody can be said to have let us down really. Carrick & Evra didn't start that well today I didn't think but from the moment they scored we got our act together and bucked up our ideas tremendously. Obviously we got a huge slice of luck with the first goal and PNev showed that he's still a Red but we kept going and it was ace. Even Eagles scoring at the end \o/!

O'Shea gets my #2 MOM for another crucial goal and another good RB performance. Every game now he's looking more confident and its great to see turning into a bit of pheonix season for him really!

Gotta say that I really rate Everton as a club and a team & I don't think that the likes of Arteta & Fernandes would look out of place in our ranks tbh.

Almost there lads, almost there...

Oh and if I have to pick AFFGs: #1 Not totally sure but at the minute I'm saying VDS for not putting a third man in the wall & #2 Wes just because he fell for Fernandes' feint prior to his rocket of a shot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaga_4_parma:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I always knew gaga's supreme intelligence and humility would shine through eventually. Never thought it'd come out of a match between two teams he doesn't actually support, mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you live in the UK...? Do you know what the media have wrote pe-match?

No didn't think so...

So shut the fcuk up! Thank you! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, you stfu you slimey greasy pasta muncher icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

so nick have you literally been out of work for like ages? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He hasn't worked since before he left his degree, which is of course why he had to leave his degree. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived