The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

intresting that most of yout comebacks come from the last melleniumngng </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've only posted 2 pics and 1 was Joey Barton last season icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, that Rcjuk so clueless..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Mirror say £34m for Carrick/Torres </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope to god that means Carrick and Torres rather than Carrick or Torres :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

I win ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you get Nick's Cole shirt icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll use it to burn my dad's house

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Ruuuuuuuuuud Van Nistelrooooy Van Nistelrooooy Van Nistelroooooooooooy

:*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope I'm there when he inevitably comes back to OT with Madrid in the CL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto, I'd have to have a ticket.

I'd want him to score as well, assuming we still won the match.

You could see in his interview how hurt he was at the whole thing and how he still loves United and the fans, just a legend.

• 2 weeks later...

And people say that the United thread hasn't got worse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is the new ultimate top trumps killer

Nostalgia icon_cool.gif

First game at OT - 12/10/88 against Rotherham is whatever the League Cup was then (Milk still?). Don't remember a thing about the game, just being sat there in awe. Peter Davenport played, which is quite a claim to fame for a first game. Won 5-0, with a Choccy hattrick. Sharpey played, there's an old, awful-quality picture somewhere in one of the family albums of me by the pitch with him in the background warming up icon_biggrin.gif

Earliest United footballing memory - I vaguely remember bits and pieces from 89/90. I was just starting to get obsessed with football and United at that point. Don't remember seeing the Robins goal at Forest, but vividly remember reading about it. Remember bits of the semi against Oldham, but I think I remember more of the other semi, Palace against the Scousers. Ofc remember the final, 3-3 and an amazing game, but it's the replay and Lee Martin's toe-poked winner that stands out as my first real memory.

First away game - 15(?)/8/93, Norwich away. Aforementioned best man to my father was living in Norwich at the time, blagged us tickets. Keano's competitive debut, 2-0 win thanks to Giggsy and Robbo, first time I ever saw Cantona play, remember being giddy all weekend although that may have been down to dad's best mate practically force-feeding me cans of coke all the time. Linford Christie won the 100m world title that evening iirc.

Best goal seen live - think it has to be Rooney's against Newcastle season before last, even considering some of the goals Eric scored.

Best moment at OT - now this is a tricky one. I've an irritating record of not being at OT when we've clinched or been presented with trophies (or indeed, at any stadium until the Carling Cup final last season icon_biggrin.gif), so obvious ones like the Blackburn game in 93, the Spurs game in 99 aren't on my list unfortunately. Rio's winner last season is a genuine contender, as is the Inter quarter-final from '99 and the Porto demolition in '97. Beating Charlton 4-0 in the final home game of 02/03 was pretty special as you sensed that was the title wrapped up, and going back there the next day after Leeds beat Arsenal to confirm it was fantastic. Really can't choose one, too many.

Winning cashdash was quite good as well icon_cool.gif

Worst moment at OT - Porto 2004 looms large, absolute killer. West Ham at home, just before christmas 2001 when we lost 1-0 to a header from the smallest man on the pitch. Left us in about 8th and with 6 defeats already racked up. Ofc we went on a storming run to give ourselves a chance, but then came the game Ali mentioned, the 1-0 defeat to Boro, Seba dawdling and Carbone stealing in to feed Boksic to score.

Away from OT, my first ever cup final in 1991 and ****ing John Sheridan making me bawl my eyes out, Paul Rideout doing the same in 1995 and then the daylight robbery of the 2005 Cup Final. Really picking the right cup finals to get to there icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Oh one more thing where abouts your seat on Sunday Acou? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

North T2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif where bouts in north tier 2, near quadrents?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Look Rooney got a hat-trick today and has been getting better by the day but please dont go the Press route of "If thats Rooney in poor form then i'd hate to see him in good form" because he was abysmal when he came back from suspension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Abysmal is an overstatement. He was nowhere near his best, but the press went over the top on it massively. He was only truly off the boil for a couple of games.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Oh, and it may have not been mentioned in this Thread yet but... WHAT THE MERRY **** WAS LOUIS SAHA TRYING TO DO SCOOPING IT OVER THE BLOODY KEEPER WHEN HE WAS ONE ON ****ING ONE?!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ruud would have buried it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is not the first time this season this has happened.....LS is **** in 1 on 1

• 2 weeks later...

Carrick had a really weird game tonight.

I counted him misplacing about 8 or 9 passes but every time he won it straight back icon_biggrin.gif

He still goes for the killer ball a little too often but he is getting better with every game.

Vidic got his wish of scoring an important goal for us too \o/ He seemed to be in a mile of space for his header.

I thought Evra was at fault for their goal personally. They had it on the wing & Evra back off & backed off despite two other players behind him who could have stepped in had he been beaten by the player.

I shouted 'OH **** OFF' & put my head in my hands. I just had THAT feeling again.

But in the end we proved we can cross the ball & scored with 2 more headers (Giggs' head is back to it's normal shape after momentarily turning into a 50p in the Boro game).

Didn't bother going out as my throat hurts & I am tired from all the <STRIKE>excitement</STRIKE> pain I was put through.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

So it seems that Citeh put up a banner near OT before derby day, only trouble is some reds seemed to find it....

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glazier icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Stop quoting Pires ffs, some of us have him on ignore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah what the Jenson lover said.

Didn't think we did too bad going forward, just allowed them two long range drives that maybe we should have closed down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tbf to my mother-in-law, they were in manchester just before they came over, and she was thoughtful enough to go into the megwhore and get me an away shirt before christmas - which was pretty cool of her (for all your megawhore bashing in here). even better she wrapped it around a two litre bottle of morgans spiced rum, which is just awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

My cousin says you will regreat getting only a point from west ham,newcastle & arsenal away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No points were gained in the latter game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he means all 3 games together icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Take the 3 lads that were at Craven Cottage on satday, couldn't have looked less bored and filmed the game through their camcorder, was praying that one of them would choke on his plastic bottle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would have been fun if you'd gone to talk to them, and they had a pure Mancunian accent ever. icon_biggrin.gif

I can imagine you would get carried away in the moment in the crowd there yes.. and I'm not really having a go like it may sound.. I just dont see the sense in getting that far ahead of ourselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we're football fans not investment bankers?

Because we should get excited, and emotional and irrational?

Because we're not emotionless drones who are dead inside?

Football is supposed to be exciting, enticing, enthralling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

We're 8-1 to win the treble? Hahahahahahahahaha.

Not coming over all Mika, but we've no chance. Chelsea got more chance of doing the quadruple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked betfred and we were 8 - 1 to win the title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phew, much more realistic. I was going off what Carter said above.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

WHERE WERE YOU LOT WHEN O'SHEA WAS ****, EH? icon_mad.gif

(I am of course aware that he's still ****). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want a detailed list of my movements for the last 4 years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, like bowel movements? At your age mate, I'm surprised you've that much control and / or memory of them tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually think this'll be one of those games where we really really struggle to create chances and break Everton down :/

Can see it still being a nervous 0-0 with 20 mins to go, while Chelsea are coasting 4-0 against the inbreds.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

our 3rd european cup final since 99, is it not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ignoring the fact it's your second, if we win the league this season it'll be our ninth since '90, will it not? oh well, you're a decent cup side, can always rest your hat on that. :****) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's counting the UEFA Cup.

I know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived