The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Seriously stop chasing Carrick. His value of £16m+ is just ridiculous. Lets go snap Hargreaves up for around £6-8m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is everyone assuming that Bayern will just 'let' Hargreaves go for one when he's been a very good squad member for them over a number of years and that if we did go in for him that they'd let him go for as little as £6-8 mill, especially after him having a good WC?

Has he handed in a transfer-request?

Is he in the last year of his present deal and stalling on a new one?

What factors other than guess work are going into this estimation of his value?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

understandable. I feel the same way...

about me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just those couple of vertebrae too many, eh?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

after chasing Carrick all summer i am sure he is the one you will sign </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

such stunning insight, do you work for the BBC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you're all jumping up and down about Mascherno and how you would rather have him, more chance of Carrick wouldnt you think ?

Calm down, little boy icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha little boy, such undeserved cockiness from such a hateful racist ******** artist </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

razzler is awesome keyser ya dick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Just got my season ticket and spent about 20 minutes counting the vouchers in there, wondering why there were only 19 for a 20-team league. Oh dear oh dear oh dear </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no hope, I'm told. Bad luck. I'll miss you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

james looks nothing like i had imagined, he looks like dominik diamond </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly what I thought damn you icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

O'Shea: Just icon_mad.gif. I'd seriously like to see his Optra Stats for that game. Every single ball he gave away. If his pass completion ration today was anthing over 10%, then I'm a monkeys unkle. Worst game in a Utd shirt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're a monkeys unkle ( icon_biggrin.gif ) then. for the first 70-80 minutes you'll find his ball retention was pretty good. it was his defensive positioning in midfield that was woeful. for the last ten minutes alone, you'd probably be right though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arjen Robben:

no, 2 week trial </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see, what's the general fans consensus? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John Obi Mikel mark II

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That was the day my North Stand JINX began.

Been up there for 4 games, results were:

United 0-1 West Ham

United 0-0 Exeter

United 0-0 Sunderland

United 0-1 Arsenal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do keep using the North Stand icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ferguson hails ruthless United victory

Sir Alex Ferguson admitted Manchester United were at their 'cut-throat' best when they played their trademark attack-focused game in tonight's crucial Champions League victory over Benfica. The home side at Old Trafford were slow to find their best form in the first half, but were jolted by Nelson's stunning strike which gave the Portuguese side a shock lead and soon raised the level of their performance. Ferguson told Sky Sports 2: 'We've got to this situation and we seem to torture the supporters and the staff, but at the end of the day we can live with that. 'When Benfica scored, that was what lifted us. As the game went on, we got better and better. '(Initially) we played slowly and didn't cope with their system well. Once we lost the goal we did start to play.' United began with Wayne Rooney in a deep role, but pushed him forward in the pursuit of an equaliser, which Nemanja Vidic provided just before half-time. 'We got good penetration, put Wayne back in his normal position, and that made a difference,' said Ferguson. 'We've too many young players to play with patience. When they play the cut-throat way, they're a good team.' United went on to win 3-1 after second-half goals from Ryan Giggs and Louis Saha. Ferguson added: 'I think winning the right way is obviously important to this club. 'But if you said before the game, `Would you have taken a scabby goal off someone's knee-cap', I'd have said, `Absolutely'. 'But at the end of the day we've done it this way and I think it's the right way.' Ferguson insists there will be no easy matches in the second round, despite United finishing top of Group F. Real Madrid and Barcelona are potential opponents, and Ferguson said: 'There's lot of quality there. We appreciate being there, we can look forward to it at the end of February.' With five British teams in the last 16 - United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Celtic and Liverpool - Ferguson is hoping for one of them to go on and win it. 'It's fantastic, absolutely fantastic,' he said. 'One of the British teams can win it, and hopefully it's us.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kept in it's original form in the hope that the writers will someday realise the meaning of the word PARAGRAPHS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I guess northern teams get charged more because it's less ditance to travel & they know fans will come to watch.

We get charged a premium pretty much wherever we go though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

afaik the Chelsea game is a one off because of the date of the game and the kickoff time and the fact it's on TV. Or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or they've realised that chelsea's support is every bit as dire as their own and slashed prices in a desperate bid to actually get people to turn up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

A bit of a surprise that Ben Thatcher didn't wu tang Ronaldo in the Manchester derby the other week. What is the minimum amount of points, people will be satisfied with away at Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

never accept anything less than three points against the skaus.

a point away at arsenal isn't a bad result.

losing away to chelsea isn't the end of the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I'm not saying he's awful, he does lots of things well, it's just he's nowhere near worthy of the level of praise he gets from some quarters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed, but i think that has a lot to do with the fact he's nowhere near worthy of the level of stick he gets from other quarters and as such people go over the top in praising him to compensate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just don't see that level of stick. I see people saying he wasn't great or he had a poor game, but i've never seen him get dogs abuse in here, unlike some players.

And as i'm writing that, i'm wondering if i should have chosen a different phrase icon_biggrin.gif

i'm proper confused now

erm, just looking at this reading fa cup game, we're in lille the tuesday after that weekend so the reading game will definitely (unless the fa shaft us) be on the saturday, quite probably as a lunchtime KO. atmosphere will be even worse \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

BELIEVE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stfu </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, Mart basically a walking Mars bar.

• 3 weeks later...

Mart setting the nation straight icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Mart MUFC

posted 16 Minutes Ago

I really do hope this works, I'll be going tomorrow, leaving Manchester at 7am to arrive in Fulham hopefully around 12.

It's disgraceful that the ABU nation is having a go at Reds because we are trying to make a stand, I don't earn a massive wage, tomorrow is going to cost me the best part of £80 taking into account the ticket/coach. It's criminal that we're taken for such mugs.

It's easy to say don't go but the allocation is going to always sell out anyway so the best course of action at this stage is to boycott everything inside the ground.

As for the comment of Pete Boyle being from "down south", I can assure that he's from Manchester and even if he wasn't what's that got to do with anything? He goes to every single game, week in week out.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TESTIFY BROTHER icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So many ******* on there, don't know why I bother icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Silvestre injured \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Idiot. Complete idiot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Then when they scored some Liverpool fan cheered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did that too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, in a pub full of Mancs ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

East Midland Mancs, yeah. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rossi hit a last minute winner for Parma today as they beat Livorno 1-0. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard about that.

Rossi. icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

couldn't bring myself to pretend to celebrate their second goal either, just wanted to curl up and die at that point. what a turnaround. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I nearly threw the remote through the TV.

• 3 weeks later...

Because he needs a lot of tender love and care, something that he's not likely to get at United. Sure he hasn't been disruptive for a while, but he still has the potential to be.

We've had problems the last few years, in part down to disruptive and dissenting influences in the dressing room. To bring in somebody with that kind of reputation has a huge amount of potential to put us right back to square one, something that, for all the guys talents as a player, and for the quality he'd offer us as an attacking outlet, i'd not be prepared to risk?

Archived