The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

err Vieira to Inter?

Carrick likely to be the "one" I mentioned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is the vieira to inter thing definite then?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

And Crerand trying to make out it's a brilliant attendance

shambles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

40,000? For a pre-season friendly? And you think that's poor?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

*slams brakes* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

keith should be banned from driving after that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** off the lights where changing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pffft, should be a man and run them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

done that before Mart dont like it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ole is on the left wing? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, I was asking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Van Lampard:

SSN also saying Gallas having a medical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't care?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yes I am?, we've not lost when I've made a match thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmm I was sure we had... though thinking about it, itd have had to be the Celtic game.

you not start that then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Southend icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for bringing on a centre half when 1-0 down whatever the reason.

We are 1-0 and know that we need to score. Say Carrick was injured and you have on your bench an attacking midfielder and two centre halfs. Why isnt Park the first choice to come on? What in the world does Fergie think O'Shea is going to do to get us back in the game.

However well we have been playing and however well Fergie has been doing its decisions like this that are going to cost us in the end.

It was only last week he thought it best to take off Saha and bring on O'Shea to defend a two goal advantage and that nearly cost us.

I'd so love us to win the league this season but whether we do or not its got to be time for Fergie to walk away.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

Giggs, Ronnie, Richardson, Park, Rooney, Solskjaer. All people who can play on the wing. Don't need another player like that.

You need a Centre Midfielder and possibly a forward, Larsson leaves as the title race hots up, Saha cripples himself again and you're in big trouble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We do need a winger. Perhaps not a priority this window, but beyond the first choice of Ronaldo (most kicked player in the Prem) and Giggs (nearly eligible for a bus pass), we have the inconsistent Park, the rubbish (and hopefully soon to depart) Richardson, and the other two you name are forwards.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so going to Silvestre's testimonial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am too. With some sort of explosive icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

I used to type a lot more back in the day in this thread, seems to have got progressively less as the years have gone by for whatever reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"effort" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on.

• 3 weeks later...

seen a few people criticising Kuszczak, not entirely sure what he did wrong if i'm honest. i didn't pay much attention to MOTD so i don't know if i missed something that happened down the other end, but he had no chance with the goal. where did he f**k up?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

i mean't the champions league.

Wasn't specifically talking about the treble.

You've posted similar comments in the past about the team being "light years away" from winning the CL, so assumed that was the same angle you were playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well no, it was fairly clear i was referring to the treble really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but it's also fairly clear which bit of the treble we're least likely to win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well.... yeah, but that's irrelevant icon_biggrin.gif

gregg's completely misread my post and tried to be clever, i'm just trying to correct him while making him look a bit silly. butt out icon_mad.gif

Don't forget the despair at Giggs' injury that ruled him out of the second Juve game.

Nah on a serious note I wasn't as "pessimistic" as people say I am now because back then I genuinely did believe that we were as good as any team in Europe, and played like it. I thought we went into each game with a shot of winning.

But now, I just think that the current situation isn't really similar at all, I don't think that we're quite there with the squad yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">S: “Don’t talk to me like that. Don’t even think about it.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is my personal favourite bit from the exchange. As if Shreeves was about to lay one on him or something icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanester:

Yeah, he has been fb. Who needs Saha <STRIKE>(the player)</STRIKE> anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha, will do icon_biggrin.gif

can't wait \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me neither \o/, infact I best think on to go and get some booze tommorrow or Friday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Started a new FM game with all your new signings icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Our", Fran. It's "Our". Not "Your".

Flippin' amateurs.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

icon_mad.gif

The Golf Thread-With Man United Chat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't do that, you might attract Retro into the thread.

Archived