The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still dont believe Rooney got sent off for the push Jonny, the ref was right there when the so called stamp happened.

The hate on Ronaldo is pathetic, sure hate on him for being a diving, whinging, no end product, greasy hero, but not for his actions today he really didnt do anything wrong in my books. Sure if when Rooney pushed him and he took 10 rolls but he didnt really do much wrong.

England are out, who gives a ****, means we can move further forward with any sh*t signings we to make and our england boys are backwith out any injurys.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If it's down to the Glazers and the purse strings being tightened, I don't see what he has to gain by hanging around and seeing any kind of legacy destroyed by that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look stop blaming the Glazers for everything.

Let's say for a moment you are completly 100% right, they went up to SAF and said all you have to spend is £3m and that's it.

He's used all that money on a GK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More importantly, that's after £12.5m in january on the defence, arguably the strongest part of the team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Whilst revealing that he is pondering whether to allow Italian starlet Giuseppe Rossi to leave the club on loan, Ferguson stated his belief that the popular Solskjaer could be a real contender for the United strike-force in the coming season.

"Sometimes forwards freeze in front of goal," said Ferguson. "Ole warms up.

"His performance was a massive bonus for us because he has been out for two years, so to have him back and see him on the pitch was fantastic.

"It is like having a new signing.

"Over the years, we have always had four strikers.

"At the moment we only definitely have Louis Saha and Wayne Rooney because we are considering whether to let Giuseppe Rossi leave on loan, Alan Smith won't be back until the end of August or beginning of September even if we consider him as a striker and we don't know where Ruud will be.

"Now Ole has come along and shown he could be the third.

"When he got that first chance, you just knew Ole was going to take it.

"There are very few players in our game who you feel so confident about doing that."

Ferguson also added that he had no more news to report with regard to van Nistelrooy's future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

How many in this thread need a name change? icon_biggrin.gif

Is Joey Markland still Cristiano Ronlado? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell him to fix insomnia icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

You lot made a 10-12m euro offer for Senna according to Balague. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah was about to say. Seems like a bit too much tbh, I reckon we could've got him for €8m or less due to his age.

He also suggested that Torres will leave in January, and that Ronaldo to Valencia for next season will be a certainty </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fat Ronaldo or our Ronaldo?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well if Maurice follows the red side of Liverpool then i dont know how he can show his face and say we've been mugged over carrick price when they've just paid stupid amount sof money for Kezman mark II, could score for fun in Holland but couldn't score in EPL must have different shaped nets over here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'll bet a tenner that he's signed by the end of next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All i've got to say on that issue is, never trust a man in a fawn jacket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I repeat.

howdy from manchester!

umm mart, im not staying at the yha anymore, but im going to be at hilton chambers, which i am currently trying to find. text with times and stuff for SOAP, and also how I should get there? I'm very close to piccadilly atm, and i think the hostel is near, so i can get there and find my way subsequently with your directions

ta

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Long view > short view. And that's in the purely HYPOTHETICAL scenario that we HAD to get rid of 5 players.

And if you're not buying that, i'll have to once again resort to the 'you like O'Shea' card icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif My undying loyalty to JO'S has it's drawbacks.

He was fs in this game tbh. Slightly better when he moved to centre back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Park's out for three months ffs? Thought it was only a couple of weeks :/

Queiroz: Rooney needs games to find top form

MANCHESTER, England, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Manchester United cannot be expected to work miracles with Wayne Rooney after his long spell on the sidelines, assistant manager Carlos Queiroz said on Friday.

The 20-year-old England striker has been well short of his best form so far this season following his return from a broken metatarsal he sustained at the end of April.

His comeback was held up by a three-match ban carried over from a pre-season red card and, after being substituted in his last two games, Rooney has completed just one full 90 minutes for United this season.

'It is important to remind people that in six months he has played five or six games, and not complete ones,' Queiroz told reporters.

'So it is natural to expect this progression. In terms of preparation we cannot produce miracles.

'He needs to play to get back to get his maximum form and that is what will happen in the next few weeks, for sure.'

Rooney, who played only a limited role for England at the World Cup, has looked frustrated by his lack of sharpness.

Queiroz believes that is understandable for a player who scored 19 times last season and was expected to forge a prolific partnership with French strike partner Louis Saha after the departure of Dutchman Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

'Wayne is a player with a lot of ambition and a great desire,' the Portuguese coach said.

'He has a special winning mentality that every time he goes out, there is only one thing in his mind - that is to perform and win the game.

'If that doesn't happen he feels it like any other player, or sometimes he feels it even more.'

Rooney will get another chance to add to the two goals he scored on the opening day of the season when United go to Reading on Saturday.

United lost their unbeaten record in last Sunday's defeat by Arsenal, while Reading have won both their home games to date and are sixth in their first season in the English top-flight.

Queiroz said: 'We need to rebound from that result and get ready to play according to our standards against Reading.

'They have started the season in a fantastic way. I am not surprised if you check what they did last season when they got promotion.

'We expect a difficult game but I am sure it will be the first big test for Reading at home and if we get back to our normality I'm sure we will come back home with three points.'

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

but the criticism of his workrate and lackadaisical attitude last night is valid and its not the first time he's not really been on the park for us this season and with the responsibility that comes from being our only fit out-and-out striker that can't happen.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems to correspond with what Nick said a few weeks ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great minds blah, blah, blah...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A simple glance at the Man Utd roster shows us they have 33 first teamers, while our squad numbers just 23 including 4 keepers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats this rubbish aswell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

win-win when Chelsea beat us and pip you to the title by a point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'win-win' in that we fully expect Chelsea to take three points from every game they play. At least in this case we get to watch your shower of shyte yet again fail miserably against one of the other big four. Should you miraculously scrape something, it boosts our title chances.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

she's just a big wobbly sp*nk bomb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that off a film or something? Could have sworn I have heard it before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Off Ricky Gervais Animals i think icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

we werent dominated but I'd say Arsenal, looking at the game as a whole, were the better side... and we can have no complaints about how it turned out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i disagree, i think we more than matched them for 80+ minutes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well you're with Fergie on that one.. wondering how we lost given how well we were holding them at bay or whatever

as far as I could see though, they had more possession, they were pushing whilst we occasionaly broke away but generally had little substance to our attacks, and frankly them scoring a goal was inevitable to me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh i too thought theyd score, we were just hanging on towards the end. but on the balance of the 90 minutes, like mark hughes says, i think we were good value.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'm not sure it was anything to do with tactics. It was simply being put under huge pressure by a very talented team who had to throw the lot at us. They pushed us back rather than us deciding to go on the defensive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's certainly an element of that as well. But when you're set up with a midfielder supposedly as the second striker and he's already playing too deep, it's a natural progression that he starts playing level with the rest of your midfield, and from there that your one striker is isolated, which means that you have no outlet and invite more pressure as the ball just keeps coming back.

While you're correct that we've only looked at what we were doing and ignored arsenal in the discussion, which doesn't give the whole picture, you equally can't go the other way and pretend that what tactics we used didn't have any bearing on the outcome either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'm not saying that he didn't but watching Ronaldo at the start of last season playing the way he was, to me watching that it was far more frustrating than say watching Park yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just seems like double standards to me. At the end of the day, you've got two players who's primary job is to create chances, and who's secondary job is to score goals. And even taking the Ronaldo of last season for the comparison, you've got the player who does that significantly better out of the two getting huge criticism, and the other getting MOTM and "Park is fffffb" for games like yesterday when he missed two sitters and failed to create a single goalscoring chance that i can remember from a number of promising situations.

I'm not saying he's awful, he does lots of things well, it's just he's nowhere near worthy of the level of praise he gets from some quarters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree for the reasons I have already said really, I don't think it's as black and white as you're making out.

As for the Park praise, for those of us who rate him and think that he's a great little player for the team, we're always going to defend him when the likes of James and other people in the match thread constantly say how rubbish he is. I wouldn't have given him MOTM yesterday but I felt that he looked lively, played well and generally did a good job for the team.

He's one of my favourite players at the club to be honest and for his attitude and how he goes about the game I think he's worthy of the liking he gets from me/ACou etc. Nobody is proclaiming him to be the best crosser/finisher at the club but he's good player who I'm happy to see playing for us. Against Villa the other week he was great and people tend to forget when he has games like that for us. I'd still rather have him in the XI than the Ronaldo of the start of last season.

how did rossi do for parma? obv didnt win or score but did he looked likely?

Not over sure about tommy k, looks capable enough, not sure whether he will be able to step up and take over from vds. Ben Foster as far as im concerned will be United number one after VDS.

Have we completely written off Tim Howard btw?

paddy just offers so much more to the team generally. Feel sorry for Gabby cos he's obviously ace, but based on current form you have to keep Evra in.

Although, there's just something about Evra that makes me think he's at the absolute top of his game confidence wise and it's only take something to go wrong for it to fall apart a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted Ronaldo off, he was doing nothing. Saha was no better though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But in that one burst early 2nd half he showed the threat he can possess in a split second that others cant.

I didnt want him off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

The irony of Gregg accusing Arsenal of being a foreign team playing in an English competition icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's goon, i'm bored, trying to brighten my day in work. Problem with that?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the club haven't released anything official yet, they usually wait until late May/early June. Marsh was a very obvious one, Mullan less so but unsurprising. can see at least 3/4 more being let go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

haha, that video is awesome icon_biggrin.gif

such an accurate representation of how mental the place was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

got goosebumps watching it again icon_biggrin.gif

wonder if we were on portugese tv? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i doubt it, not with you randomly swearing in the background as they were trying to interview me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha yeah, you were serious and I just ran along swearing icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived