The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

Mascherano was absolutely fantastic in that Argie game, sign him for christ's sake.

On Argentina aswell, what have people thought of Gaby's performances? I know some think he'd go well at centre-half and he's been playing as one in a back four during the World Cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaby did well in the group games, but made a few mistakes yesterday.

Id be happy to put him in CB with Rio and have Evra at left back.

This Villar Mir chump is swiftly becoming something of an annoying cunner.

I've changed my tune a fair bit from about a month ago, wouldn't even consider letting Cristy go for less than £25m and still wouldn't be keen on letting him go at that price - there simply aren't the replacements out there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ross.89:

£25mil for Ronaldo and United are laughing all the way to the bank. This money plus the mikel money will hopefully buy us a new young midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we are laughing if we sell Ronaldo because then we will have money to replace him.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Heh read somewhere else that it's Friday now, whenever icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Friday after the press conference icon_biggrin.gif

Quite probably Mark.

I dunno, right now i'm feeling a little meh. For me we have an absolutely brilliant squad of players even taking into account of losing Ruud.

We're just two players short, both in Midfield. I'd ideally like us to sign Torres too to ensure we have a genuine world class striker with Youth on his side but we definitely need those midfield players.

If we can sign two midfielders who'll provide waht we're missing right now then i really do believe we will challenge Chelsea for the title.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I want Nick to hurry up and tell us what that sticking point is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgive my ignorance but why would Nick know what was going off when it seem sFergie hasn't got a clue icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick is privy to some rumours that are circulating on a subscription-only Man United message board. The mods at this particular forum don't look too kindly on their 'inside scoops' being leaked to us mere mortals (Need to protect sources blah blah).

So until this story breaks, Nickford is reduced to talking in riddles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Did it shrink much? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it didn't ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

This "we have midfielders who can do a job up there" rubbish can **** right off as well btw - so we're short on numbers in one area of the pitch, and we're now going to weaken that further by asking some of the few players we do have in that area to do a job elsewhere?

I've had enough of square ****ing pegs in round ****ing holes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying that they should go there all the time but in an emergency, I have the feeling that Ferige would play Giggs with Saha over Rossi even with him still at the club, like against Charlton, so I don't see what difference it makes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Go away and visit the devil O'Shea. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He already has visited him. How else do you think he'd get a game?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we need to cut Park a bit of slack. While i quite agree with the assesments of him, to the point where i felt he should have been taken off again after about an hour (I didn't know Ole wasn't on the bench until after the game), i think we also need to remember that he's been out injured for 3-4 months. He's following the pattern that most players follow after an injury like that, a good game or two immediately on their return while they're playing on adrenaline, and then a bit of a slump until they get properly match fit.

The biggest worry was not Parks form, but once again the lack of options off the bench. Firstly, unless he was injured, i find it hard to believe Ole was so knackered he wouldn't have been up to 15-20 minutes off the bench.

Secondly, for all that some people have spoken about our strength being up to scratch, i thought yesterday just highlighted why it isn't. Apart from who comes in when we have injuries (and for all that we've won games with reserves playing, it's been when we've been able to pick and choose those games), we just seem to lack players who can come on and turn a game for us, or replace a player who is normally good enough but struggling.

Larsson will undoubtedly help, but with him leaving in March, i'm really concerned about the run in. 2 points dropped in january won't decide the title race, but 2 dropped in April just might if we're still in it at that point, and i find it hard to believe we'll bring in both him and another striker.

As Nick said, a pacy winger off the bench might have made all the difference yesterday, and on other days. While he mentioned Lennon, he seems completely out of reach. While the same may apply, i'd be tempted to make a move for SWP. While he's not in form at the minute, he's obviously a better player than he's showing, whatever Ratinho might think, and he'd fit far better into our style and system. I realise the chances are that Chelsea wouldn't sell to us, but i'd still be finding out. I could just imagine Kenyon being egotisitcal enough to think he'd be getting one over on us.

Finally, back to yesterdays game. While they were poor in posession, i think some credit needs to go to Newcastle. We were unable to sustain any rhythm for large parts of the game due to their harrying of us in midfield. Parker was the main exponent of that, but the surprising element was Sibierski dropping deep to catch Scholes several times, meaning in general play he had one of his least effective games for a while.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Thats ******** about Veron eventually being deployed on the right-side at every club he's played for.

I can't speak for his time in <STRIKE>Italy</STRIKE> ARGENTINA but it most definitely wasn't the case at Samp, Parma or Lazio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS...

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Its great to see Evans and Simpson start together for Sunderland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good spot, clean sheet so far icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And don't even mention Eddie Johnson. I remember on here when he was raved about to the same extent that Rossi was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it wasn't really to the same extent as rossi.

he was a very good forward at reserve level, i think a lot of the excitement was due to the fact that we don't tend to bring many forwards through the youth system.

• 3 weeks later...

Mates, I was watching the highlights of you vs boro, and saw the ad boards around the stadium. Do you guys know why betfair(if I remember correctly) are offering Man Utd to win treble @8? seems ridiculously low, I'd not even give that for Champions League alone. Or is this a different treble? just curious.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Would love to have seen Richardsons reaction at beiong subbed at half time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully like his reaction when he got cheered at Wembley the other week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Also 3 of the 4 teams in the Semi English, great advert for the league and all those GQ muppets who claim when it happens on FM and English teams do well in the competition its a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>:////

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

O'Shea has earnt the right recently to not be compared with Richardson, ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I LOVE the O'Shea song, utterly fantastic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

I always thought I wasnt welcome in here, this is a boost, I'll start posting more icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pires is banned iirc, so we do actually require a token Arsenal cretin if you're interested icon14.gif

Archived