The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If Rooney did it to Ronaldo would you be saying the same thing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While i wouldnt be as angry i'd still be very disappointed in the player, but i just can't believe he did it and right in front of him as well

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Unconfirmed reports have suggested that Manchester United are to end their interest in Spurs and England midfield star Michael Carrick.

The midfield schemer has been subject of 2 bids and a summer of interest from the Old Trafford club but United boss Ferguson is believed to have grown increasingly frustrated at his failure to prize Carrick away from north London.

It is believed that United will switch their attention to England's World Cup star Owen Hargreaves. The Bayern Munich midfielder has said he would leave for a club in the Champions League and the Munich club are

believed to be interested in striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy who could be used as a bargaining chip to broker a deal between the 2 clubs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. More like the purse strings have been well and truly tightened and the only hope we have of bringing someone in is if it's a swap deal.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

renew it then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Coudln't be arsed to spend £10 on that

Will do it before season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BAGGIES REJECT KUSZCZAK OFFER

Posted 03/08/06 20:48

"We have had numerous talks with United and have told them any deal would have to include their highly-rated young striker, Giuseppe Rossi, joining us on loan for the season.

"However, United have told us Rossi will not be going out on loan this season.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Rossi is staying this season in all likelihood - are we saying that he's ready for the first team, or that we're just that desparate for cover up front?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I just lost points with everyone for that choice didn't I?

How to redeem myself? ... Maybe an essay on our midfield if we don't sign Hargreaves & Senna? Yes thats sure to go down well...

Oh okay, I'll have a proper think about the ordering later. At the end of the day the list does look somewhat absurd with Veron in and those two especially out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't feel you have to justify yourself. It's your list, put who you want on it. icon_smile.gif

I'm probably kidding myself actually, because I had a shirt with 'Veron 4' on it and thought he was the new Cantona in the first couple of months icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but its fair, thinking about how much they were favourites with me I can't believe Giggsy & GNev aren't on it. Veron will still be on it tbh, probably higher up as well!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Because I despise the person doing it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Refusing to acknowledge, and even hating, true talent icon13.gif

You're worse than Pol Pot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worse than Pol Pot a tad too far me thinks icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Looks like Toure will be out for sunday meaning you'll probably have the luxury of the mighty Justin Hoyte at left-back. Henry will be back though I guess.

What injury news your end? Giggs and Park out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aside from the usuals (Heinze, Smith) although supposedly Vidic isn't far away. I'd love to see him up against Baptista...

His tackle last season > *

And if Hoyte's in we should definately shove Ronaldo wide right.

• 2 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I am made up after signing a new two-year extension, it's something that I have always wanted," Rooney told the club's official website.

"There is so much that I want to achieve with this club starting hopefully with The Premiership this season.

"It is an exciting time at the moment and I am relishing the challenge that goes with it.

"The team is developing, with a mix of experience and youth, and I am just glad that I can play my part in it."

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Rooney's decision to sign the new deal is indicative of the club's intention to construct a team around the 21-year-old and young team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Obviously I think for everyone at the club it is great news that Wayne has committed his future to Manchester United," said Ferguson.

"It reflects our intention to build a team to stay together. Cristiano signed a new contract last year and we have exciting young talent here too.

"We see Wayne and Cristiano emerging as the best players in the world, they have their finest years in front of them and we will all be lucky to witness that." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We wont be taking Tim Back, i just cant see why we would. With Van Der Sar, Kuszczak and high hopes for Foster there is pretty much no room for him.

He has had a fantastic season though so far and at £1m he would be a steal. I imagine some sort of price would have been agreed at least verbally before the loan because if we are only asking £1m after his season so far we are stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

haha yeah, it's mary's boy child isn't it? icon_frown.gif

ah well, at least i knew the tune and the real lyrics.

for jonny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

hark now hear the angels sing

a king was born today

and man will live for evermore

because of christmas day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

erm you talking about the home leg I assume?

because I'm gonna try (and fail tbf) to get a ticket for that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

away leg dude icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

This is probably the stage now where I drop my "i'd rather lose than a replay" attitude,] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About time captain DOOM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here fuppin' here. icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'd dispute still dispute that...well, it depends how you put it. As the situation was in the summer with their relationship clearly broken down, yeah there had to be a parting of the ways. But would I have a fully motivated Ruud in our XI still? Too right I would. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so would you have rathered fergie left?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Fat Santa:

You do know realise BBB is going to continue to start the United match threads now we won that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hell, let him. i'd let him do near enough anything he wanted (easy now) if it's going to mean results like that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

That's fair Eddie, still doesn't excuse the cuuunts next to me that have the same routine every game

arrive

10 mins before half time, disappear downstairs

10 mins after half time, arrive back

10 mins till FT, fuuuuck off

missed SO many goals this season

• 3 weeks later...

Wayne was excellent against Bolton (admittedly overshadowed by Ronnie again), Watford in the cup, Milan last week (thought he was very good all game), did well in Rome in the circumstances. perhaps not virtuoso performances but certainly very good, and he's coming up with important goals and assists when we really need them, which i think is all we can really ask given the current situation (end of season, games every few days, team perhaps not firing as it was earlier on).

and yeah, the point about the standards he's set in previous seasons is very true. was always going to be a point where he dipped below that for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

a plummer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Picks plums. icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived