The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

you can tell mark doesn't go to games...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you don't think the fact that Arsenal and Chelsea are who we're (supposedly) vying for trophies with makes those games bigger? I agree the scale's complately wrong for Liverpool and a bit out for the others, but do you not think the Arsenal games especially in recent years have gone up notch? It's a different thing, the 'trophy rivalry' rather than simple hate, but it's still a factor, surely?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

I wonder if you would have 'taken' Hargreaves before the World Cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never known enough about him either way. But from what I saw at the World Cup he (along with about 1000 midfielders out there) certainly looks good enough for us right now

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking last night that United have the weakest central midfield I can remember.

Even in the dark 80s we had arguably the best midfielder in England, and after Robbo came Ince, Keane, Scholes, etc.

What happened?

Is it just the case that most teams rarely have all 3 departments of their team sorted out at the same time?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Nope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the insight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

np

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anti Glazer Action

editor@fightforunited.com

Sunday 20th August 2006

Meeting point Bishop Blaize 2.15pm-2.30pm latest.

FFUC are requesting all anti glazer supporters to turn out.

Further details will be given out at meeting point.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Email I got last night. Erm, do you think someone ought to tell them what time the game kicks off today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

Time travel is possible - Einstein sort of proved it. icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

It is tricky, I agree. Get in touch with one of the South Coast clubs. They've always got a spare seat and will welcome an extra £20 in the kitty. Beats paying an arm and a leg for a train or driving. Just an idea icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it doesn't, at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'll just ignore you both.

Ruud-haters so weak. Utter legend for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you mean both, i asked a simple question ffs. jeez.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

2006-10-07 10:45

Manchester United are ready to sell midfielder Dave Jones with Sunderland believed to be edging out Coventry, Derby County and Southampton in the race.

Jones impressed hugely during a loan spell in the Championship with Preston last season and his form has not gone unnoticed.

The Mirror claims that United will allow Jones to leave Old Trafford in January as Sir Alex Ferguson is still looking to add another midfielder to his squad and has already signed Michael Carrick.

Sunderland are thought to be leading the race with Jones a familiar face to former United skipper Roy Keane, now in charge at the Stadium of Light.

However Coventry, Derby and Southampton are all keen to bolster their midfield and will rival any Black Cats bid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shirley not. So we want to add another midfielder to the squad and to do that were selling a midfielder...

Thats kinda like pro-lifers murdering doctors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

btw chaps, guess which much-loved commentator had this to say today:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Vidic, still doesn't impress for me... weak defensively" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

You have to come Keith & look after us icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh FFS

Like i was EVER not gonna go. Martin would need me there to pay at the very least.

Note: You can bloody well pay for your own tickets and sh!te sheehan!!!

I'm sure i could cope with a day or so in France tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

Gk: Bartez

CBs: Sylvestre and Oshea

Fullbacks: Fortune and .....no joke on that side icon_frown.gif

CMs: Dejemba jemba, aka next roy keane, Kleberson

wingers: Probosky and Richardson

Forwards: Forlan and Rooney

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad thing for you is that this team could still give Arsenal a good game icon_biggrin.gif.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

sahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa take me in your arms, rock your babyyyyyyyyy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get a room you two

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And Christ enough of the Ronaldo talk already, it's going to be like this til August at this rate /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wait until the season finishes. Plus there's the Spanish presidential elections to look forward to... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yay icon_frown.gif

It's fair enough to talk about it I guess, but I think his subbing/reaction is being blown out of proportion just a bit. If we're going to say that he's off every time he comes off the pitch then I can see it getting a bit repetitive.

Richardson a pitiful excuse for a footballer.

No-one in the midfield was willing to make an impact, lots of times they weren't even looking for the ball which ****ed me off.

Why was it that Saha felt the need to shoot whenever he within 30 yards of goal? He's usually excellent at holding play up but jeez, look for better options.

Alan Hansen getting a hard on from Gabbie Logan btw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Considering the original post he was replying to was about United in general my point stands. Just incase you're having trouble understanding fella. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

not so much completely wrong, its definitely debatible. like nick i thought the ball struck the post then onto vds (who imo got down quite well) which didnt help him gather it in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And besides, i doubt VDS was thinking that Carrick will attempt to score an own goal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion - and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a **** hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's a **** hanging from a stick.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahaahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I'm obviously missing something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A club to support in the top two tiers of english football, apparently.

Archived