The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Any of the Manchester lot fancy Altrincham V FC Utd next Wednesday at Moss Lane? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should go the Supporters Direct trophy on the Saturday after, it will be some atmosphere with the Wombles, and a decent game too I reckon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r_wagner:

Anyone else feel we missed out on Capello? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. We're getting Lippi.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

You been talking tactics with Taz again? He loves his 4-1-5 style formations. icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, 'Talking Tactics with Taz' sounds like an idea for a TalkSport show icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds more like an outreach program for the mentally handicapped if you ask me.

"It's only an hour a week, but Talking Tactics with Taz really makes me feel like I'm doing valuable work in the community. Seeing their little faces light up with glee when you suggest Smith, Rooney, Saha and Van Nistelrooy all up front makes the whole thing worthwhile." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silvestre as captain

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

Speaking of LUHG an all that jazz, trust you'll all be boycotting Betfred now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but no.

Though tbf I don't use them anyway icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone wh ocares:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

RONALDO: WHY I STAYED AT UNITED

Mirror Sport EXCLUSIVE Why I stayed at Man United

By John Cross

CRISTIANO RONALDO last night declared his ambition to become a Manchester United legend after finally breaking his silence over his decision to stay at Old Trafford.

The Portuguese winger has become a hate figure amongst Premiership fans for his part in getting England star Wayne Rooney sent off during the World Cup.

But in his first interview since then, Ronaldo insists that he would still do the same again to protect his country's "honour" and claims that he wants to emulate George Best and become a United "phenomenon".

It is a remarkable turnaround for Ronaldo, who said during the World Cup that he wanted to quit United for Spanish giants Real Madrid.

He now says he would be happy to stay for life, adding: "When we are hot-headed, sometimes we say things we don't mean to, or, at least, that are not appropriate.

"I have been here since I was 18 years old, the club have supported me from the first to the last minute of my career, things have gone well. I have developed a lot in all aspects, physically as well as mentally, which has all been very gratifying for me."

And on becoming a United legend, he said: "It is an important phenomenon. To stay at the club until the end of my career...we will see what happens.

"It is true that I said that one day I would like to play in Spain. But if that does not happen, it will not be a problem. I am at United and I feel very good.

"This is one of the biggest clubs in the world. My ambition was always to play for a big club - and here I am. There is one thing I am sure of: Manchester United are the ideal club for me."

Despite the furore surrounding his World Cup antics, Ronaldo insists that he would always put his country before anything.

Ronaldo's behaviour as Rooney was sent off - including the wink to his bench - made him public enemy No.1 in England.

Ronaldo admits that he received death threats and had extra security put on his house in Manchester, but insists that he never fell out with Rooney.

"Most people think that I had a hassle with him, but that isn't true," said Ronaldo.

"Throughout my career I have always defended, and in any circumstances, my country.

"It could be that my best friends play for other teams but, firstly, I will defend my country and my shirt.

"Secondly, what actually happened was an absolutely normal thing, and I believe any player who was in my situation would have done the same thing.

"And thirdly, I haven't had any problem with Wayne Rooney. He is my colleague and my friend, and we continue to get along fine."

Ronaldo also insists that United are capable of beating Chelsea to the Premiership title this season.

He said: "I really hope so. This is now my fourth season at Manchester United - I hope we can do it this year.

"The team are good enough, we are confident enough and we are playing very attractive football. I hope this can be our year.

"Chelsea got beaten in their second Premiership match, which was good, but above all we have to be concerned about ourselves.

"We have to play our game, to think week by week about being consistent and, if we can do that, Manchester United will have a great chance."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Richardson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good call. Wes probably ****ed up because he was probably chuckling to himself at how Richardson continually gets picked.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

I'd love to know just how many away tickets the one season ST holders have had.

we've applied for every game and only got Blackburn and iirc James' parents are in the loyalty pot and were chubbed for Villa.

utter shambles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>tbf what did you expect? You only got your book this year didn't you? Along with thousdands of others so to get one is pretty good imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fair point in a way, although I still think it's unfair that those who recently got ST's by right (i.e. through maximum applications/attendances in previous seasons) are bracketed in with one-year ST holders who could have never stepped foot inside OT before this season.

additionally, as Mart said, people in the loyalty pot like 07?'s mam and dad are getting chubbed as well.

Lets take an example of a signing surely some of us thought

WTF is he doing in a United shirt?

Dwight Yorke.

oh and wp Giggs, I look forward to playing for a draw, them scoring and then sticking 10 men behind the ball \o/

• 3 weeks later...

We will fine, unless waz is too full from his turkey to attempt to play.

Giggsy into the middle with Dazzle, park + ronaldoiqatspm on the wings. Sir Wesley of brown at centre half to SMASH emile. we are fine.

Mon king louis, get me some fantasy points as a late christmas present, ta.

I'd quite like Nev to break in to double figures, but I don't see it happening.

Has he really scored 5 league goals? I'm struggling to remember them... think he got one against Villa once, maybe Everton as well. I remember his European ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

I sung at Fulham icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We sang at Fulham. icon_mad.gif

Tbf, though, you were far more vocal than I. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to mention you, but I wanted to appear to be a better fan, in a bid to live up to the super-fan stature of Mart :*)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

The Fulham game in particular really reminded me of the treble season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the thing. The way we're winning games despite playing like we're determined to lose. We're winning games more by luck than judgement.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On a serious note, yeah that's the "omg fate" bandwagon that I was referring to above, I just feel that it's a little bit premature to think about things like that at the moment. We shall see anyway, mon us finishing the job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Alfonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 26

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83

vanester – 82

T!mbo – 80

BBB – 79

gonch19 – 78

Bagpuss – 77

Rb – 76

Pickles – 74

julesMUFC – 71

ajw2255 – 70

Rcjuk -69

Nick OGS20 – 68

Maverick – 64

davidbowie – 63

Ryno – 62

ACou2000 – 60

Gregg Carter – 59

Jimlad – 56

ericcantona7 – 55

Matt Cavanagh – 54

mark g – 52

keyser – 50

player_65 – 46

SLO_Fila – 43

Taz Devil – 41

Saha – 39

The_Fish – 37

finneys13 – 36

Master Blasta – 32

EmmYouEffSee – 29

RedBlood – 26

<STRIKE>qwerty2k – 17</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>Razor Eddie – 16</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>? – 15</STRIKE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RedBlood on the brink...

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'd argue that it hasn't been proved at all but meh icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats why i love you :*)

Archived