The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Anyone remember the site Mart found his room/flat from in manchester?

My friend has just been accepted to be a firefighter for the greater manchester fire force and is looking for either somewhere to buy or rent up there. Anyone recommend some areas to avoid, he will be on a half decent wage so can afford nice stuff, and money goes alot further up north icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apartment icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I may have missed it, I know we had a reported bid turned down during the WC, but I don't remember anything official coming out of OT and as far as I can recall it the only statement that came out of Spurs was Jol saying if United were 'interested' he had an obligation to be loyal to them and stay at WHL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Found confirmation of the initial carrick bid

Again, may just be that that Fergie's referring to, but I'd imagine we'd have gone higher by now.

Which means we'll probably spend stupid money on him, £18 million plus. Ah well, at least it'd be a signing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers, obviously did miss it then!

I guess Fergie is talking about a renewed bid then, but I doubt we've gone up £8mill from the £10mill reported during the WC, but then thats also assuming that the one Fergie's talking about is our 2nd bid.

@Luton Nil

I get the loyalty thing, just saying what I remebered happening, not speculating on its likely impact on Carrick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:

we dont have a number 8 at the moment do we?

Rooney? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yeah!

im hungover, not thinking properly.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I talk complete and utter horse hockey just so Mart will believe me and get all optimistic, and Rich can then take the mickey out of him - David Gill, August 31st 2006 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

homecoming and other stuff

it's showing EVERTHING with nothing cut out

it's like watching it on the night again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It better not show what I got upto in the Venue that night.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Indeed, v-necks icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was actually those white shoulder tabs that put me off it.

• 2 weeks later...

motm: dazzle \o/

r-up: giggseh

honourable mentions to... errr... everyone else really. no-one had a poor game. except van der sar - he had nothing to do at all. \o/

i'll just reiterate the rio rule: i don't care if he shags your mother, your sister, your wife, or your dog, or all of them at the same time. rio is ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffb, and i will not hear a bad word about him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

I thought Carrick was pretty good, dispite a few mis placed passed his defensive side of his game was very impressive and his range of passing was good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his passing was absolutely dire for the most part. but, i do agree, he put himself about quite well, and was defensively sound.

but with everyone fully fit, atm i'd have fletch partnering scholes without hesitation given carricks current form.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Nothing Monzers, he's done precisely nothing since 2003.

Oh, except contributing to the Arsenal and Copenhagen defeats by virtue of stifling the midfield with his utter utter crapness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly the answer I was awaiting. icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Liverpool v Manchester United on Saturday 3 March, kick off 12:45pm.

We will receive an allocation of approximately 2964 tickets priced £34 adults, £25.50 over 65’s and £17 under 16’s.

Executive Members can now apply for tickets by telephoning the Ticket Order line on 0870 442 1999 and speaking to an operator during a designated period of time. For the Liverpool game this will be 9am to 5pm from Monday 22 January through Friday 26 January. For the time being we will continue to accept postal applications, the same deadline applies. Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances and it is important to apply by one method of application only.

Season Ticket holders who purchased a seat for the following 4 home cup games: Celtic, Copenhagen, Benfica and Aston Villa, are invited to register an application for this game by calling the 24 hour Ticket Order Line on 0870 442 1999 from 9am on Monday 29 January through to 5pm on Tuesday 30 January. Please note that this is a 24 hour service and tickets are not allocated on a first come first served basis.

All payments must be made by credit/debit card, however please note if successful an administration fee of 3% per transaction is charged for this service.

COACH TRAVEL TO ANFIELD

Executive Coach £15

Depart Car Park N2 10:00am

Est. return to Old Trafford 4:00pm

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeh, but then if the south coast club cannot fund the development of the kid, then i don't see why the south coast club should be able to moan about "losing" the kid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They would be able to afford it. But if your 12 who do you want to join: Man Utd or Southampton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

There is no reason why a club like Torquay cannot produce a good player of course </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because under the current system (which I 100% agree is crap) a promising youngster who lives next door to the ground can only really go to Torquay.. then Man Utd later for some £.. get rid of these rules and all these players will just skip the middle club and goto Man Utd first. Hence smaller clubs I don't think will ever agree to any drastic changes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some kids will still choose to stay and go through the Torquay system though. To say every player will automatically want to go to a bigger club asap doesnt always hold true.

The likes of Torquay, if there weren't restrictions would still get young players coming through, possibly good kids that developed a little later than the ones that were snapped up.

At the moment, potentially great players are being forced to train and learn their craft at clubs and with coaches which, to be frank aren't right for them, aren't good enough for them to develop.

That needs to change, otherwise there will be a major problem with the development of players in Britain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rossi = Brilliant

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

how cool is that penalty? icon_biggrin.gif just lets Frey commit himself and tucks it the other way, brilliant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi is brilliant or Frey is really really crap. Either way Rossi completely outfoxed him for that penalty icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The BBC thing doesnt bother me.. but I dont see why it cant be a discussion point that they've struggled to give us a great deal of credit thus far. At least from what I've seen.

Most of MOTD2 was a debate over Chelsea's crippling injuries and their brave fight against it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

CHAMPIONS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sitting, waiting to press the button. I can see it now. icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

sounds entirely realistic imo. glazers ftw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Times: Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool are at the centre of a tug of war for Nathan Porritt, a young talent who has been dubbed “the next Ryan Giggsâ€.

Porritt’s future is expected to be decided in the next fortnight after the 17-year-old Middlesbrough winger rejected the offer of a professional contract at the Riverside Stadium.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Running Total: 19

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83