The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

i want 5 things to happen in the coming weeks:

1) rooney and ronaldo patch up any hint of a possible rift

2) ronaldo stays at united

3) true match going reds get behind ronaldo

4) he gets relentlessly booed at every away ground and uses it to spur him onto his best season yet for us, shoving it back down these *****' throats a la beckham '98

5) someone firebombs the sun's hq

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've already got a new signing in Ole up front. Another new signing called Scholes can be pushed further forward and we'll also have another new player in Alan Smith available by September. So with Saha and Rossi already at the club we can get away without replacing Ruud.

You just wait until the breaking news ticker changes to:

Manchester United have announced the signings of Esteban Cambiasso, Javier Mascherano and Fernando Torres...

It will happen! have faith.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Post them here. We need cheering up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too right. joe_cole's back icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I can't argue about the stats, but tapping in the 3rd against Leicester 150 times doesn't really get me hard? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not appreciating the great goalscorers icon_frown.gif

OGS20 > 07

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

5 years, 1 premiership winners medal, 1 fa cup winners medal. not exactly great icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont forget the mighty league cup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Well in Edmonton actually, but on the Enfield side, off the A10 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm in Brimsdown not that far away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

has carrick actually signed then? whens the press conference? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wednesday

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

mark how old are you if you dont mind me asking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

34 mate, why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With all the mature points and arguments you are forever putting forward i just wondered how much older than the rest of us you actually were. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's anything to do with age. Keysers nearly the same age as me, and he's the biggest kid in here.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

O'Shea started to look slightly like a footballer in the second half too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't let him suck you in... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am holding strong don't worry icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

If Liverpool had to win on the last day of the season for us to be champions - it's acceptable to hope they do so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hence cheering in 1995.

Of course they won their match and we lost the league, so it was all a bit rubbish really icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Parky so great icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think she's his gf or anything but i saw pictures of her (promo pictures of course) holding scarves with J.S. Park so i put the "blame" on him icon_biggrin.gif

and Fergie said that they are looking into more transfers pago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

At least O'Shea is versatile and can do some sort of job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's rubbish though. Not only does he contribute little himself, he increases the workload on his team mates.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Did you know that a search for word "Ruud" in posts by Mika only gives 32 pages of results? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Replay is on Sky not BBC icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YAS \o/\o/\o/\o/

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

We won't score twice lads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct.

We will score thrice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we score 3 times in Rome I promise to introduce you to my very nice and naive 18 year old sister at the Sheffield United game.

It just won't happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if it happens i'll have to go to the damn sheff utd game now bah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

email sent to the club/imusa

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> To whom it may concern.

The trouble had been brewing since kick off, bottles of urine, coins, lighters were flying over from the Roma fans into the United section. I was in perfect view of the trouble, Roma were goading the United fans ever since Scholesy was sent off, then they scored and ran over to the plastic barriers, United fans had clearly had enough and charged towards the Roma fans, the police saw this as open season and then waded in, hitting anything that moved, young/old it didn't matter, even worse than that was they had another set of riot police that wanted in on the action and again hit anything that moved, I saw one lad go down and then was hit repeatedly over and over. I then spent the remainder of the first half seeing where the police were going to strike next.

I can appreciate that you are asking for a dossier for Uefa, it's disgusting that it's going to take someone dying for Uefa to sit up and take notice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pillock, when you go to a Euro away come back and be a **** eh?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Its all setting up nice for us to cost you the title icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of which we better beat Citeh i don't want to hear them saying they cost us the title afterwards. (like he is doing now icon_razz.gif)

• 2 weeks later...

heh, looks like we're having a mass clear-out of reserve deadwood then. about time \O/

Mullan (note the 'a' icon_mad.gif) is quite good. can play on the left or right, quick, direct, just lacks an end product really. should do reasonably well in league one i'd have thought.

• 2 weeks later...

essentially they've taken some individual instances there, out of context, and used it to sum up the 'glorious' Glazer reign.

also,

""All the doomsayers who said we would be in trouble have been proved wrong," Gill said."

anyone else have a really weird sense of wishing it'd all go to pot just to f**k Gill over. c**t.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's all very well going with Kieran Richardson hate in the title, but what happens when in the middle of July he's offloaded to Robbo and our thread is essentially defunct?

Just use 'champions' or 'home of champions'. It's much better.

Archived