The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruud career is well and truley at a crossroads, hes been poor in this World cup(not all his fault, the system et al. basically what Nick said), so no big team will probably want him for a decent fee with them knowing Fergie wants him out.

His best move might be to try and get back in Fergies good books and stick it out with us for another season.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

He had a couple of bad games aye, but generally was solid.

And errr, without him we have O'Shea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've banned any variation of the "he's better than what we have" reason to buy someone.

We simply should not be buying someone who's past 30 and who's form has already started to slide, especially given a cost of £8m and wages that would be at Rio's level.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUFC:

Maybe you should sign up God? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kahahren *twiddles with phone cord*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master Blasta:

Blaine or any of the FC lot, if you read this what happened at the FC alty game? And what do you think of Steve Smith (worsel from Leigh RMI)? He knocks about with a couple of lads I go down to FC with and sometimes see him in the gym, only just found out he is on trial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was stood right by it all and it was this same bloke whos middle aged, always doing drugs, acting like a tit, shouting racist stuff etc.

They scored a few kids give it the easy and he went over and hit one of them then a handful of fc ran over and all of Alty scattered into the next stand, wasnt too much but hitting kids(13-14) is ****ing disgraceful, he says its coz they were giving him abuse all game, both boards issued statements and it should all be sorted soon.

As for him, he came on second half in the centre mid, and we lost our shape a bit and Alty got on top so it wasnt the ideal time for him to have an impact, he gave away the ball a few times, put in a few challenges but didnt impress me at all(but to be fair no-one else did in midfield where we lost the game 2nd half), hopefully he gets another chance when we play weaker opposition

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Hows the sand Gregg? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

head in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just bite my lip and </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

close your eyes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only when i think of you sweetcheeks.

Fergie on Rooney

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Wayne will probably play some part against Macclesfield, he's absolutely gasping for a game. He's been pestering the bloody life out of me, so he'll probably make an appearance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'll bet all Mika's karma points on Hargreaves not signing tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave them alone icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your Location icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Christ Fergie icon_biggrin.gif

Ben (\O/), I'm going off what I've seen of Aurelio in La Liga, I've not really seen much of Liverpool's games yet bar MOTD. I'll happily admit I was wrong if he goes on to do alright for you lot.

Couldn't really gaf if Riise was part of a largely impressive defence - we've somehow looked solid for long periods with Silvestre in the team in the past, which basically proves having an solid defence doesn't make every member of it all that great. Riise's a good attacking left back, would be doing well to make a top 10 defensively.

Hurry back x </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<3

it should be noted that when riise didn't play at LB, our defence conceded silly amounts of goals. he was an integral member of such a tight defence.

but that might just have been because his replacement was traore/warnock :*(

Hmm how many losses have I now seen... actually I think its still only 2 for me as well.

West Ham 0-1 ages ago... and the Chelsea 1-3 at end of 04/05

But quite a few crappy draws now... Exeter, Sunderland, Lille and Wimbledon to mention a few memorable ones :/

Still probably about an 80% win ratio.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

I hate losing icon_frown.gif Especially when I work with a Gooner. On the plus side, I also work with a Leeds fan and a QPR fan! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive simply told all arsenal fans they deserved to win and that if they continue like that they'll finish above us. kills all banter instantly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I've been doing today!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

yeah that worked a treat last time round </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True , but theres one big difference, were at home in the last game and the team is a LOT more confident this time around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So we'll go into it overconfident and with the thought that we've got it in the bag because it's at Old Trafford this time, then get humped by a team that 'just wanted it more'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably yeah icon_biggrin.gif , was only saying that I would prefer to draw against Celtic on Tuesday than only getting a draw on Sunday against Chelsea in a game I think could make or break our season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Has BBB gone to the game today ?

I think i gave him a fright when i text him at 3.50 saying i had a sore arse.

Obv didnt know the h/t score icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

as far as I know no he hasn't gone, don't think anyone off here has tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

bahahahaha icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in the spirit of making this page brilliant yet ending it soon, I'm just following a YT clip chain here..

Yes :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best page of the thread imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look on RedCafe to see if there was anything and found:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ***** captain in gary neville, should be stripped of captaincy and never given it again imo, spent so long stickin up for that dick head and he just proved me wrong, slack, lathargic, arogant, ****in *****, utter *****, total dick head, imvho he up there with lampard for dickheadedness, ***** atmosphere from the majority and all, the only chant we need is united united united, everyone knows it and a crowd united in singin with all their lungs and all their hearts is all we need to do, none o this trying out new chants and songs pish, no time for that, as a support and fan base old trafford is under pressure to show the league and in fact the rest of europe how tremendous we ****in are, raise the roof and raise united, your team, to the heights we all know they are capable of and deserve, this magical fifth gear we want to see can only be reached with us actually supporting them, they have given everything and still the atmosphere is *****, it kills me to see my hero giggsy shunning the crowds everytime a goal is scored, dragging the player away to stop them from looking up to see a bunch of faggots waving with a shy grin on their face, scouse ***** really showed what to do yeasterday, old trafford is nothing compared to that, can u as a supporter confront that, if not, **** off, who the **** said it was a family show </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank God for this thread :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Liverpool will close the gap significantly, they have a fixture list that we'd all kill for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut up! icon_mad.gif

:bigsafetywink:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Ronnie and Louis back to face Watford

Sir Alex Ferguson is optimistic that he will be able to name both Cristiano Ronaldo and Louis Saha in his squad for Wednesday's game against Watford.

The attacking duo missed Saturday's FA Cup triumph over Portsmouth but Ferguson is confident he will be able to call on the influential duo in midweek.

Ronaldo was in attendance at Old Trafford at the weekend having returned from a mini-break in Dubai, which was taken on the instruction of his manager, after the Scottish tactician noticed fatigue in his display against Arsenal.

While Ferguson was always planning to take Ronaldo out of the firing line, Saha was pulled out of the reckoning late on after picking up a minor knee injury on Friday in training.

"Cristiano played in the third-placed play-off for Portugal at the World Cup in Germany and he has been playing for us all season," he said.

"We have been looking at ways to preserve the players and felt this was a great time to give him a week's holiday.

"He has enjoyed it and hopefully we will get the benefit of it in the weeks ahead.

"Louis got a kick on the back of the knee in training. It is nothing really, just bruising. He will be okay for Wednesday."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

http://www.si-sv1646.com/showthread.php?t=35909

he's serious too. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, that's a blatant windup icon_biggrin.gif

some of the responses however...

try digging up the thread about 'this is the one' and some people's suggestions for new music to run out to. my personal favourite suggestion was the Countdown music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two comments about the video.

Firstly, has any else ever seen more than 4 minutes of John O'Shea in action without him giving the ball away before?

Secondly, and more importantly, does the soundtrack finally give away the secret of how he plays so much?

"It's me Oh Kathy.....". Is Kathy a nickname/alter ego for O'Shea? And if so, is it co-incidence that the generally unseen person that Fergie goes home to at night is also called Kathy? Basically, they're lovers.

OK, so it's more convoluted than one of the clues off 3-2-1, but it's more realistic than someone thinking he's a good enough footballer for us, surely?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

haha, didn't realise o'shea scored icon_biggrin.gif

I stormed out when the 2nd went in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're worse than the people who sit next to you at Old Trafford tbh. Watch your team till the end, win, lose or draw.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cristiano Ronaldooooooooo:

Got a Milan Home ticket but not away or West Ham icon_frown.gif

ah well in Stretty for Milan icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

west ham ballot out now then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just watching Ronnie's acceptance speeches, what an utter utter hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"It's coming" Possibly the best answer to What's your highlight of the season?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Nicholas Anelka - (Guardian)

Alfonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Leighton Baines - Wigan (MEN)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Michael Kightly - Wolves (NOTW)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Nigel Reo-Coker - West Ham (Guardian)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Javier Saviola - Barcelona (NotW)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Ryan Taylor - Wigan (Manchester Evening News)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 32

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83

vanester – 82

T!mbo – 80

BBB – 79

gonch19 – 78

Bagpuss – 77

Rb – 76

Pickles – 74

julesMUFC – 71

ajw2255 – 70

Rcjuk -69

Nick OGS20 – 68

Maverick – 64

davidbowie – 63

Ryno – 62

ACou2000 – 60

Gregg Carter – 59

Jimlad – 56

ericcantona7 – 55

Matt Cavanagh – 54

mark g – 52

keyser – 50

player_65 – 46

SLO_Fila – 43

Taz Devil – 41

Saha – 39

The_Fish – 37

finneys13 – 36

Master Blasta – 32

<STRIKE>EmmYouEffSee – 29

RedBlood – 26

qwerty2k – 17

Razor Eddie – 16

? – 15</STRIKE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

a) he's an injury prone scouse midget ****

b) i couldn't give a flying f**k about him and Rooney building an understanding

c) he's lost most of the only attribute that made him stand out

d) gonch is right, he's not fit to lick Ruud's horseshoes

i could probably go right though to Z if you like </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's not like you've got anything better to do this afternoon icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Point b and d) ur personal opinion ffs...so that duznt make him a bad player does it?

And yes i agree he's lost his pace a bit,but name me a better goalscoring threat for England then? Johnson? Defoe? Bent? Crouch? No way. And look at his England record say in the last 3 years or so and I bet he's still on about a goal every other game or so.

Archived