The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

ive always viewed him as a wide midfielder. not a winger as such but i definitely didnt see him as a full back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only really saw him in the UEFA cup final, but he played ful back then, and the impression i got from the commentary was that was his usual position.

Not that i'm assuming the commentators know what they're talking about, of course icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

yeah btw nice one bbb posting that 14th july crap. as if we're not a big enough joke, eh? f**k me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut up you tart. Just cos Daaaave owned you in the thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

So i'm being banned for giving my opinion on FC United? not all united fans agree with it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a forum for debate at the end of the day; make an argument for why you think FC United is 'pointless', in your opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

He's a lazy student layabout. Those types have all the time in the world to do whatever they want icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>you working man, you :****)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'm the only person that's refused to get MUTV then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I've had it since getting Sky, tbh. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was angry when Sir Alex got rid of Stam, a few months on he failed a drugs test. Nicky Butt, great servant but he has done nothing since leaving. Becks? Had a year or two in him but Sir

Alex was making way for the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't remember clearly, but wasn't Stam one of a large number of players in italian football who were caught? Suggesting that it was the italian club doctors doing the administering? Even if not, to try to give SAF credit for some sort of prescience in that case is utterly ridiculous.

I've not heard anyone ever claim that the Butt sale was a bad move, because he was ***** for his last season with us, let alone how he's been since.

As far as i'm concerned, only the Beckham one was debteable out of those three, and i think we were right to get rid. If that's the best defence of Fergie this guy can raise, maybe things are worse than i thought.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shostfrock:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Aussies worse at detecting humour than Americans? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to stop stalking me, get your other mate and stalk each other :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stalking you icon_biggrin.gif

Mate I was already in this thread when you showed up.

okay?

• 1 month later...

icon_frown.gif

lads im using the internet in reception, we just stole some chocolate cake. danish girls so elegant. my hands are frozen. the game was rubbish. i got a text from an arsenal fan saying ,hahahaha money well spent bring me back a programme hahaha, it has angered me further.

off out to get drunk now.

Well that was an utterly useless performance wasn't it.. Anyway MoM time:

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Heinze

Honorable mentions to Rooney and I thought Wes didn't have a particulary bad game, but as for the rest yet another lathargic, wasteful display only good thing to come out of tonight was that it didn't look like any of our players were carrying injuries (apart from O'shea but thats good news.

One excellent bit of news on an otherwise cronic night was that I have a ticket to Blackburn \o/ All day drinking icon_cool.gif.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

just laying the trap for a potential manu legend b*llocking icon_biggrin.gif

and Clive was absolutely SHOCKING </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he wasnt that bad imo

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I'm nervous, but not overly so, we really shouldn't lose and if we do, then hell we deserve to be out.

Will be keeping an eye on the Celtic score too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fact you are somehow relatively optimistic for tonight and I am more pessimistic than I have been in ages means something weird is going to happen tonight.

Either we batter them or we play like we did against Southend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

The only problem he has is that he's a bit too eager to come off his line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So in actual fact he's the anti-Carroll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

id honestly love to see mika's room, i bet its like something from that partridge episode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which would be like what?

• 2 weeks later...

icon_biggrin.gif

oh and feck off scatter/anyone who even jokingly says champions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, now the initial giddiness has worn off, caution is setting in again icon_biggrin.gif

Long (ish) way to go yet.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Who was Carlos the Q having a go at, at the end of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of the Boro coaching staff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Sod off selling Smith. He has been great since fully recovering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've got what we expect so far. Great commitment, great holding the ball up, some nice touches, but only 1 goal.

I certainly wouldn't advocate selling him, he's a good backup/alternative, but at the end of the day i don't see him being 1st choice, and for all the emotion of his comeback and the fact that it was just at the right time, he's not been 'great' in the grand scheme of things.

And that's not a criticism, i don't think he could have done better than he has given how long he's been out, but lets not pretend he's something he's not either. He'll also be better with a pre-season under his belt, but i doubt he'll improve enough to be more than backup.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

anyone got Scatter's email address btw? should probably give him a chance to vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sent.

cos it's to be expected is supposed to be somehow comforting or summat?

the comparable football clubs thing is **** too. to use your style a) cos football is overpriced in general, it's not just united, b) the majority of example clubs used are in london

within their right? you talk like you are on the payroll ffs. let's fleece them for what they have got, see how far they can go...

Archived