The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

sly fm reference from young cristiano there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

He's a legend, although he's also kissed my girlfriend so I should give him a slap really.

Come to think of it, she's also been kissed by Gordon McQueen. Unbelievable the way she whores herself around ex-United legends icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

ffs Argentina obvi.

Man so many spelling mistakes by me recently, getting a smidge concerned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's worse is he doesn't actually play in Argentina but Brazil \o/

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

yet if Ronaldo even hints at wanting to play somewhere else half the RvN apologists will be straight on his back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cronaldo is an 1/8 of the player of RvN. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So by that criteria you'll stab Fletcher in the face if he even hints at wanting out of Old Trafford? Loyalty and honesty is based on (lack of) talent?

Hehehe "We could've signed Pennant" sarcasm.

Carrick is unlikely to go to jail. Given. Pennant might do something stupid again which could send him there.

However there is a possibly gaping £10m+ valuation. You might well think that the difference in skill between the players is £10m worth. Maybe the fact he might be jailed? I don't. And not purely because I am a Liverpool fan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

WHAT

THE

HELL

ARE

YOU

TALKING

ABOUT

JEARM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SEE

ABOVE

YOUR

icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'd sell:

Silvestre - got back up in his areas. he's not very good.

O'Shea - lets face it. since his first season - nightmare.

Miller - for the love of god just eff off

Richardson - never gonna "make it". and might get a bit of money now he has England caps.

Rooney - sh*ttest of the lot

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

thats a point.. forgot about Rossi not being allowed to go on loan when WBA came a calling.. even though they were offering a cut price for the goalkeeper that we wanted.

so letting him go now SURELY means we will actually be getting someone.. of some position.. in tomorrow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Or Fergie thought it was more benefit to the lad to send him to a europian chasing premiership side short on strikers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

haha if thats true surely you have a striker lined up? If Ole goes are Saha and Rooney your only strikers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Smith

Don't let ole go ffs icon_mad.gif

• 3 weeks later...

m.o.m - nev

r.u - fletch

"Did I mention this is a rant? Sense really has no place in it."

With that little disclaimer, let me just say that Ronaldo was absolutely ****ing terrible. You're not Ferenc Puskas or George Best mate, try passing it instead of dribbling yourself into a worse position than you started or having daft shots when there are better options.

Rooney just lost the ball whenever he got it, have no idea whatsoever what's got into him.

Saha held the ball up reasonably well, didn't have much service though.

kuzxskjfsdfjsaak decent after looking like the Polish Ricardo to begin with.

our defence was a shambles all day.

carrick should walk back to whl now if fergie's going to choose o'shea over him in 'the big games'. irish**** was ****ing terrible on a pol pot kinda scale.

think bbb covered the subs with the whole '***** subs' thing.

not sure i've ever been as angry at a performance as i am now. arsenal unlucky not to win by more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Has BBB gone to the game today ?

I think i gave him a fright when i text him at 3.50 saying i had a sore arse.

Obv didnt know the h/t score icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

as far as I know no he hasn't gone, don't think anyone off here has tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watched the game in London with distinguished friends.

Just finished watching the match and I have to say that I am slightly giddy after watching the last hour of football. We basically ran the game from that point on and seeing the football we played just brought back the memories from the 90's.

I feel at the moment that we have a great mix of experience and youth in the squad and Scholes for me has just been superb. I don't think I have ever seen someone as cool as he is on the ball. He just never panics and will 95% of the time, find a team mate. I just <3 him.

Shame that Evra had to go off, I hope that he didn't pick up a serious injury (haven't heard anything about it yet) as he is really forming a great partnership with Giggs down the left.

Bring on City now I say. icon14.gif

MotM: Scholes

Runner Up: Vidic

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

yeh and he was meant to high five rooney but missed him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just noticed that bit too icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

thats brilliant. SO excited.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh - just before I head to bed - yup - Ronaldo did come in for some stick. All I'll say is though that if he didn't have a rep for diving, he wouldn't get half the grief he does. It's just disapppointing to see an undoubtedly class player hit the deck as often as he does. Not necessarily today - but has done in the past. There's no need when you have the technique and skill that he does.

i seem to remember that i advocated the sale of ronaldo if we could get £25m. then shortly after i suggested we could buy jermaine pennant as he would be just as good. im happy to say i was very wrong about that.

also, do you lot still do..........cant think of the word.........reviews? of like the past month's goings on in here. aaaahhhhhhh, its a simple word but i cant remember it. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nick OGS20 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was trying to offer advice 3 pages ago and you seemed to ignore me.

pjburrage:

Indeed

Anyway I'm off to be taught how to not run over people whilst in a car.. laters!

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Ladle just getting better and better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only the six minutes to react, getting quicker you boring **** icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I was actually doing something marginally less fun than reading your posts, as hard as that is to believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Affg: Not sure, didn't really get a good view of it, will comment more after Motd.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The penalty is given against Vidic but in my opinion its not a pen so the referee.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

haha icon_biggrin.gif

Thinking of starting a new wall

Sterotype Wall </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh, whatever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you got served

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Eto'o admits Liverpool liking

Samuel Eto'o has admitted he would be tempted by a move to Liverpool - amid reports the Reds have already launched a bid for him.

Eto'o has been continually linked with a move to England in recent months, with Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United all credited with an interest.

Eto'o has now spoken about Liverpool particularly - whilst Spanish sources claim the Anfield outfit have offered Xabi Alonso plus cash to Barcelona for the Cameroonian ace.

"The great thing about Liverpool is their team spirit. It is very strong," he explained in the Sunday Mirror.

"But, for me, it is their fans who win matches for Liverpool because they have so much power. They are fantastic. Any player would love to have those types of fans behind him. I have played at Anfield in the Champions League quarter-final so I know all about their fantastic supporters.

"It would be wonderful to have that kind of support as a Liverpool player but I really don't know what will happen in the next two years.

"Every time I turn around so many things have happened and changed. So I can't think about it yet.

"But you never know.

"If I play in the Premiership I will be the first to say. It won't be in the newspapers - I will be the one to break the news!"

Eto'o denied having any contact with other clubs and feels he is set to remain at Barcelona.

"I have not heard anything from Liverpool or anyone else. These things don't come through to me," he said.

"I'm only thinking about next season and I will be here next season. But every year that passes things become a bit more difficult.

"English football has changed a lot for the better over the past few years. I've seen English teams playing matches which have been very exciting.

"It's been like watching a dream team. Chelsea have been spectacular at times - they have played real football.

"And when I saw Liverpool play Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final I was impressed by the way Liverpool played a more strategic, attacking game.

"There was dribbling and great skill in that match. And when we played them I thought, 'Are we playing against Liverpool or a Spanish team?'

"I love the way the fans in England get behind their team. I respect their mentality. They are so positive in supporting their own team rather than, as happens in Spain, being against the opposition.

"That's the big difference between England and Spain."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Carter is a loveable welsh arse imo, carried me out of walkabout icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just went numb dude icon_frown.gif We were both gutted, but you were just out of it until we got out. Was worried about yah when you walked off back to the bus icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the term "carried" artistic licence, or should we be impressed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well it wasn't eactly a fire mans carry. More a case of Mart went utterly numb, so i had to put my arm around him, with his arm round my neck and forcefully walk him up the stairs and out the pub to stop him getting trampled.

Kinda like when you have to carry your drunk mate out of a pub, just not with mart being drunk.

Archived