The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Right lads, I've just acquired some interesting information about which teams are listed as our rivals in the upcoming FM2007. Thought you might find this interesting:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Liverpool 21

Man City 19

Leeds 18

Arsenal 17

Chelsea 15

Blackburn 14

Newcastle 13

Bolton 12

West Ham 11

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've only just stopped laughing at everyone below the top three, and I was told this ten minutes ago.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

christ alive, all this Hargreaves talk has come from a couple of us saying what a good player he'd be in the holding role for us and how he's a good player.

Now everybodies talking about £8m bids or being included in any deal that takes Ruud the other way.

Like we're actually in for the guy. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

rosicky had a release clause, thats the only reason he left for such a low price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh right, my bad. why did noone ever go for him before then? seems a bit odd to me

well at least fergie lists emerson as 'one to watch' in the juventus thing. no mention of camoranesi tho which is a shame.

about the only thing that would make me feel good about the coming season would be torres and gattuso. get a feeling ill be settling for defoe and carrick at best tho.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Are your reserves good or are Celtic just really really really bad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both I think icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought we'd get mullered, i cant wait till you start saying how good most of teh players are icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?

• 2 weeks later...

A British Airways flight from Heathrow to New York has been turned back after a mobile phone was heard ringing at the back of the plane.

No-one on board the plane admitted owning the phone, banned under current security restrictions, so flight BA179 returned to the London airport.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Anyway for Charlton I would go with:

Van Der Saar

Nveille

Rio

Wes

Evra

Ronaldo

O'Shea

Giggs

Park

Ole

Saha

Bench:

Kuszack

Silvestre

Fletcher

Richardson

Rossi

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, that'll do fer me, too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I was born in St.Mary's as well, although Stepping Hill was always my local hospital and i still do some work there.

Half my family (my mums side) were blues, and my dad's side are celtic fans, but i had the good luck of both growing up in manchester and a dad who realised he should take me to see the decent manchester team icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you know VENDMAN? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just up the road from stepping hill icon_frown.gif next door to the pub?:* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's late, and i've been drinking. You'll have to explain. When you say the pub, do you mean the George and Dragon, which is the nearest pub i can think of?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hetero5exual:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hetero5exual:

No.

Hehehehehehe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

missed pen or sommat? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup... lousy penalty saved </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

Can we have an age limit of 21 or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we need a maximum age limit too. all you old feckers tottering around the thread spreading your malicious richardson >>>> giggs malarky is likely to have a profound and unbalancing affect on the young uns that do get past the entrance exam... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop your antipodean ramblings and enjoy a masterclass from our first Chinese superstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqw2pasORGs&mode=related&search= </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

clayton blackmore ftw.

i had that strip when i was younger too. horrid thing it was. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I hate you goon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

It still fills with with pleasure knowing I started the match thread for the only league defeat of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

It's extremely selfish giving someone a ticket for a game who has no interest in football whatsoever really. Especially when it's so hard to get tickets to watch United away from home.

It's times like this I wish I supported a lesser club as getting tickets would be so much easier icon_frown.gif

Rooney icon_cool.gif

btw all the talk suddenly of Ronnie being 'miles better' than Rooney is so wrong.

Wayne ifffffb... it's just that for the majority of this season they have been at completely opposite ends of the form spectrum.

It fills me with warm fuzzy joy that both are in our side

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aye thats fair but I was thinking more about general benefits of experience and fluidity of a maturing team more easily transferring their league performances, or a marginally refined version of them to European competition, and the management being more prepared to trust that in the CL rather than seeing the need to protect any perceived weaknesses, which is probably one of Fergie's issues at present when it comes to this set of players.

Okay, thats clearly a really bad run-on sentence but I can't be bothered to mess about with it...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'd like to hear Mark's opinion on Giggsy's performance, bearing in mind his reputation for a well balanced perspective on this issue... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll sound like i'm sitting on the fence, but taking the goal out of the equation he just didn't stand out for me at all, he blended in with the general mediocrity of our overall performance. I do think there were a couple of very good moments (the goal in particular), and some awful ones (letting the ball run under his foot when he would have had a run on goal stood out), which makes me wonder whether people have remembered the good and forgotten the bad, or vice versa, depending on their perspective? Why that would have emerged as a split between people who were there and people who watched on TV i've got no idea, so it could be rubbish.

• 2 weeks later...

we could always give Dong a chance off the bench against Boro.

We are already in agreement that Smudger ought to start against Boro to help aide his need for games now he may be required to start once Henke goes.

So if Dong is gonna be required as backup, then why not try it against Boro when we don't really have all that much to lose? icon14.gif

If he comes off the bench and scores, then we know he can be trusted icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Complete victim of Glazernomics it seems. Looks like the TO will be getting a call tomorrow morning... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what they want premium rate line </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, good point. Email it is then.

- - - - - - - -

RE: Taz's Transfers...

Reo-Coker - still think he's got potential but he was always a if the price was right and we missed out on a lot of other options for that position. He's been a bit unfairly vilified for West Ham's shortcomings IMO this year but I assume Fergie won't have him anywhere near the top of his list so its a non-starter for me.

Pique - would be happy to see him go out on loan again if he's not going to get near the 1st team & I personally don't want to see a player with such potential be discarded/reluctantly let go just yet.

Richards - Really don't see what the long-term fuss with this lad is. Yes the raw physical capacity of the lad is excellent but from what I have seen I'm not convinced he's got the mental or technical stuff in his locker in the long run as far as development goes. Would personally prefer a different type of right back really. I also have concerns that he's being blooded because he's physically ready for top level football and put in at full-back because the responsibility is less in that position than it is at CB, where I would assume he's likely to end up, but never quite at the top end of the scale. If I'm proved wrong in the future so be it but at the minute I'm thinking he's going to have more parallels with Wes' career than say Sol Campbell's.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Nick where did you get the old shirts from?

(or where did whoever got you them) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ebay i suspect

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You have the likes of James07?/his parents that travel all over, iirc they've done all the euro aways this season, it comes to arguably the biggest game of the season so far (semi) and bam they get chubbed whilst some ****** who hasn't been to any aways gets a ticket.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how the hell does that work?

Do you not have a loyalty system of any sorts? icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

United Thread Worst User: Rcjuk, he's good irl, he never shares his chips, tried to take over Mika's position as team news guru, never bought the beer EVER this season and didn't let us use his book for aways.

maybe, some of that I just added

and pre-season's awesome. grounds you never normally get the chance to see, football after a few horrific months without it, first glimpse of new signings etc. Peterborough does seem mental expensive though, Macclesfield was only a tenner last year iirc.

Archived