The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> GELSENKIRCHEN (Reuters) - Cristiano Ronaldo's days at Manchester United appear to be numbered after his bust-up with team mate Wayne Rooney in Portugal's World Cup quarter-final win over England on Saturday.

A move away from Old Trafford seems especially likely as the winger said after the game that media reports linking him to Real Madrid were correct.

"Yes, they are true," he told reporters when pressed, but said he would not discuss the matter further until after the World Cup where Portugal face France in Wednesday's semi-final.

Ronaldo had reportedly aligned himself with Juan Miguel Villar Mir, a candidate for Real's presidential election, saying he would open negotiations if Villar Mir won Sunday's vote.

He may find that he is no longer as welcome at Manchester United among the England players there after his involvement in the dismissal of Rooney in the second half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

Nick, I'm going to be in this thread all season long now, just to frig you off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you'll have time inbetween sucking up to Daaaave and Cranker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I'm shifting my schedule around. I hate Dave FYI. And you missed your own name off.

That maybe so but I don't want that particular image in my head. icon_frown.gif

Anyway

It's spot the quote time \o/ (or at least,' spot the NEW quote', time).

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1818945,00.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ronaldo began plotting exit from United 10 months ago

Daniel Taylor

Thursday July 13, 2006

The Guardian

Manchester United's robust announcement that they would not allow Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Old Trafford was undermined by suggestions last night that he had been plotting his departure for the last 10 months. Sir Alex Ferguson's inquiries are understood to have indicated that Ronaldo broached the subject with his agent Jorge Mendes last September and that potential buyers were informed shortly after that it would be his final season in England.

The evidence gathered by Ferguson is said to show the strength of Ronaldo's feeling and reaffirms that his desire to leave has nothing to do with the fallout from Wayne Rooney's sending-off in the World Cup. Ronaldo first publicly stated that he wanted to sign for Real Madrid a week before the England-Portugal game and Ferguson suspects that the incident with Rooney is being used as an excuse.

Ronaldo's team-mates are said to be bemused by his claims that he has not had any support from Ferguson or the club's owners, the Glazer family, after being vilified for the underhand tactics he showed in the World Cup. It is a standing joke among United players that Ronaldo is teacher's pet so far as Ferguson and his assistant Carlos Queiroz are concerned.

Ferguson is dismayed by Ronaldo's stance during what has become a fraught summer for the United manager. While Chelsea signed Andriy Shevchenko, Michael Ballack, Salomon Kalou and, to Ferguson's intense irritation, Jon Obi Mikel, United have failed to keep their chief executive David Gill's promise that all their transfer business would be completed before the World Cup. Deals have provisionally been put in place to sign Michael Carrick from Tottenham Hotspur and West Bromwich Albion's goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak but, when it comes to more glamorous targets, the club's pulling power appears to have waned.

It is three years since the Premiership trophy last resided at Old Trafford and, if Ronaldo were to leave, he would be the first player in Ferguson's 20 years in office to decide that the club no longer matched his ambitions, a fact that may have contributed to the manager authorising a statement saying there was "no possibility" they would sell. "Cristiano recently signed a new contract until 2010 and the club fully expects him to honour that contract ... We are not in the business of selling our best young players."

Ronaldo was more equivocal in declarations to the Spanish and Portuguese press. "There are possibilities for me to continue at Manchester United but there are other possibilities as well," he said. "There is still nothing concrete but I believe the issue will be resolved before the end of the week." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yet another speculative article.

No news of any signings btw.

BUT WE'VE ALWAYS GOT TOMORROW!!!11!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Do you think there are any one year season tickets left? Thinking of going for one so i end up going to a lot of games this season instead of having to apply by the game and not having any money to do so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ring them tomorrow and find out and if you come to the wall bring beer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Why the **** was Jonah only given 10 minutes? icon_mad.gif

He's blatantly going to get shunted out on loan again after 'failing to impress' in pre-season, while JOS racks up forty appearances in the heart of our midfield. Aaaarrrrrgggh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he only gets 10 minutes in a meaningless pre-season friendly then he'll never get a first-team chance in the league. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:Aye, leaves Zlatan as a possibility, but he'd need to get over his ego imo. He has the potential, just too up himself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

picturing Ronaldo and him together in a dressing room icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If we are doing the squad comparisons based on performances this season then United > everyone else in all positions. If we're basing it on ability, then Aurelio is up there level with Evra in the LB's. If we're basing it on potential then Clichy >>> every other LB, but I doubt we're doing that as Nick would have put Us >>>>>>>>>> everyone else at CM due to David Jones.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

lets see them when Watford play then eh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obviously the likes of Watford are going to have smaller crowds, it doesn't take a psychic to know that.

But games against Arsenal, Spurs and Celtic all in the space of a week, will probably get around the 75,800 figure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Speaking of BBB, where has Nick been as of late? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He has moved in with his missus who doesn't have net access IIRC. He's still flat hunting.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

muse ****ing rule you heathens. nick doesnt even like them and he said they were amazing tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really dislike their music, I have no idea why. I just cannot listen to any of their songs all the way through.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

im sorry but i wouldnt actually call the penalty incident a dive. if it was he deserves an oscar. he was anticipating being brought down, moves the ball round schwarzer and loses his balance, stumbling to the floor. its not like he throws his arms in the air and does a full on dive.

you can fall over in football without it being a dive you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs, didn't think it was a dive at the time and still don't after watching it a couple of times, same goes for the freekick afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

mart just loves bragging about his aways and rubbing it in icon_frown.gif

clearly to compensate for having a tiny penis imo

and new year's eve iffffffffffffs, i'll be happy to be asleep by 10pm* in order to get up bright and early to get the coach to geordieland

*ok, be on otf until midnight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

But why will he be a great player? I just want to know what his game is about, his strengths and what makes him worth that much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

attacking full-back, pretty quick, can take players on and/or deliver quality crosses. i've heard/seen Southampton fans describe him as their main creative force, not bad for a 17yo full-back.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'd almost certainly have gone mental at that comeback tbh

Though cheering a Rooney goal in the middle of a load of Everton fans as he kisses the United badge would be slightly silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

luckily i managed to improvise and make it look like i was castigating my beloved toffees for their defensive ineptitude, and two other reds behind me who went a bit mental copped all the flak.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crilly:

new kit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didnt pay attention to it when it was first posted, but as it's been posted again....

Why are we getting a new kit next season? Surely there's another year to go with the current one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

warwick parkway ftw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh right, it's a station. I thought you were talking about that bloke from Willow who was also in Extra's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Never had jonny down for a geek boy icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He regularly posts on an internet message board for a Football Management Computer Game. What do you think he is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but we all start at that base level. We're talking levels of geekness well beyond that now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Heh, wonder what Nick's vote went to here.

Expect Jones to win, lads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

believe it or not, that wasn't me icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o Guilty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

what is the official vie win here of ruud leaving btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't like to talk about it...

Archived