The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hargreaves was not "immense" ffs.. he was just better than what people generally expected. And whilst I'm sure he's a very solid player he's not outstanding.

Basically he's somewhere between the rating England fans give him and the "ffffffffb" Keyser does... I think we can do better but at the same time he'd obviously be an improvement over what we already have.

• 2 weeks later...

Some GOOD news

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ortugal international Petit has shunned talk of a move to Manchester United to pledge his future to Benfica.

Petit has been mooted as a target for The Red Devils, as Sir Alex Ferguson looks to add some extra bite into his engine room.

The 29-year-old is one of a number of options Ferguson has been considering as he tries to find a long-term replacement for former captain Roy Keane.

But Petit's name will now have to be crossed off the list after he announced his intention to stay at Benfica.

He admits United are no longer an option and he plans to concentrate on his Benfica career upon his return from holiday.

"Now, I will go to rest for two weeks to be ready to start the new season well," Petit told Maisfutebol.

"Manchester United? This is in the past, now I go to continue at Benfica.

"It is certain that I will continue there." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Great player as he was, getting £15 million for a player who cost us £19 million would be a decent bit of business. Especially when you consider that he's nearly 30 and hasn't been playing that well lately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as sad as it is to say that. but yeah 100% correct.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Maybe it's just hopeless optimism (which is weird, cos I dont feel that way inclined) but I think Rossi could be ready actually

Not for a full 40 game season but to play a decent number of games, and starts, in the Premiership - I think he could do well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm unsure on him, haven't seen as much of him as some. Would prefer to see him go on loan but with Ruud's exit, I guess we'll need him here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master Blasta:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Was our Simon Davies Welsh? I know the guy who plays for Everton is.

Didn't Davies play and score against Galatasary in the final game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he was english and yes he scored in the final game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soccerbase says he's welsh, as i thought, but also says he was born in Cheshire, so who knows.

Simon Davies

Real name Simon Davies

Height 6.00

Weight 11.07

Date of birth 23-04-1974

Place of birth Winsford

Position Midfielder

Nationality Wales

• 3 weeks later...

A very, very rough translation of Hargreaves interview with Bild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> PICTURE: ManU wants 25 million euro replaces pays, lures also you with millions...

Hargreaves: "I do not look on the money. That does not provoke me. Those giant-replaces, which wants to pay Manchester, honours me, but but I can do nothing. Besides I have a good contract also with Bavaria."

PICTURE: Manager Hoeness is stick sour, nailed you before your colleagues together.

Hargreaves: "safe I was not pleased about it, but I am not there sensitive. I said to him thereafter in private, what I of it hold."

PICTURE: What?

Hargreaves: "I gave, there want nine years of everything for the FC Bavaria I to be also respectfully treated. And I would like simply that it is accepted that Manchester would be a large step for me."

PICTURE: Do they change by 31 August?

Current

SUPER MARIO gives gas

Poldi stands

still more

rum as I

Announcement

Sport bets with bwin! Secure now 10 euro bonuses...

Hargreaves: "is not any longer because of me. The manager would like not to let me go. That is its right. In addition, he knows completely exactly, what I want... "

PICTURE: ...sofort to ManU...

Hargreaves: "it is simply a large challenge: I am English national player, a part of my family live in the proximity of Manchester. There many things accumulate. In this situation no other soccer player is on the world!"

PICTURE: Why did you extend then your Bavaria contract in October 2005 equal until 2010?

Hargreaves: "that was at that time a large honour for me. In the meantime however many things developed with me differently. I have a large chance to become in our soccer national team the firm size."

PICTURE: Do you have fear that Felix Magath sets you now only on the bank?

Hargreaves: "the coach knows, what he has at me. The fans also. I always give everything. That will not change. No matter, where I play."

PICTURE: What happens, if Bavaria does not let you go despite everything further?

Hargreaves: "then I would have to accept that. The whole theatre must come now in any case to an end. I wanted never that everything escalates in such a way. Would be best, if we find all now a solution." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

heh I was in Montreal and didn't even bother trying French in case they responded with something I didn't understand, was much easier to use English, at least I could read most of the signs though icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh thats a good idea but if they do that say "Je voudrias parle en Anglais avec tu" that basically means "I would like to speak english with you" or you could say "Je suis Anglais" which mean "I am English" or you could just mix them both together icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

fao you members

Manchester United v Liverpool Sunday 22 October, kick off 1pm

Ticket availability is as follows:

North Stand Tier 3 £27

East Stand Tier 2 £30

South Stand Lower £35

Family Stand £29 (juniors £10) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would've been nice if the site would automatically limit choices to those ones and not let me apply for North Tier 2 as my second choice...now I'm pretty much having to bank on grabbing an East Stand Tier 2 ticket. So wishing right now that I'd stopped in here first before applying.

Just out of interest, have any other OU members gotten word yet on whether they've got a Newcastle ticket. I'll not be surprised if the ballot been made and they've just failed to inform me but I've had no "you've been unsuccessful" email and I can't see a recent transaction that looks like money for a ticket coming out.

Still, since its not two weeks until the game yet I'll hold off for a few days before contacting the TO.

Its a real bitca because I really want to be at those two games, but given the circumstances its looking like I won't be enjoying OT until November now, Pompey at the earliest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I have to admit that the Cantona one doesn't get me the same as he went just as I was really getting into football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After Sir Matt, Cantona is the best thing that ever happened to United. icon_frown.gif

Go and stand in the corner.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Was it just the hanging around, the drinking, or the blatant grooming of Ryan they objected to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it seems the two crimes are:

1) Drinking beer (while standing still) in an alcohol free zone.

2) Using a privately owned wall to sit on without prior permission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beckham is / was a legend at United.

I appreciate (and actually believe) his current sentiments about United.

I don’t doubt that if his relationship with Ferguson had been maintained he’d have wanted to stay at the club.

I believe that the prevailing opinion that he did nothing in his last two years at the club has been exaggerated in hindsight.

Saying that, the ‘Mr England’ stuff did annoy – especially after ‘98

My gripe with him is with the dishonesty that did (and still does) surround his move.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Seriously, though. Fletcher is a better right-midfielder than Ronaldo is a central (defensive) midfielder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? icon_confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

What's the latest on Saha? Is he injured? It seems he has been missing for a good while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two games? icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

It really seems that Fergie may not rate him as highly as everyone thinks. Clearly he's 5th choice striker only, but as United can still win 3 trophies we need all the players we can get.

If Fergie is so certain that he won't need him even in an injury crisis, then that suggests a certain indifference.

It's important for Rossi to play regularly to develop, but it's not more important than United winning a trophy this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Your bottle has gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great, the only user on the boards who can make me long for the greater intellect and wit of a Pires777 post.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

We are enjoying it Mart you tool icon_biggrin.gif

And we aren't even being pessimistic really. Though I'm glad to see that Ant is being grouped in with me now icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha

it's taken me a while but finally I've achieved it icon_biggrin.gif

anyone know the defo dates for the champions league quarter finals and semi's if we were to get there and for the fa cups too(i know we'll probbaly slip up somewhere) just need to book the time off work just incase.

or does nobody know the exact dates yet?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST MIKA YOU SICKEN US ALL

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But sir! Jimlad started it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually if we're pointing fingers I'll direct you to Taz's post somewhere in the last 3 pages that made me want to add that last bit.

And Mika's right - KING LEGEND JUAN SEBA VERON icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

RSB, did you used to be called something else? i have a nagging feeling you did </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah - sorry, forgot you asked earlier. Umm, I used to post here aaaaaages ago (3-5 years or summat) til my old comp died and took my username and pass to the grave with it. Then had problems registering with Hotmail and cba til lately. Was probably under a different name before, possibly jamin.r or Ska Ben, but I don't post all that much, so most likely some other mindless ****** I'm reminding you of icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fair do's. good to have another person on board anyway, especially one who can't stand our Kieran icon14.gif

Considering the injuries we have right now and as shaky as our defence has been, should a 5-3-2 formation with wingbacks be something to consider for Milan?

Evra & Fletch as wingbacks

Gabby, Sheasy & Wes as centre backs.

Carrick sitting just behind Ronaldo and Scholes

Rooney and Smudger up front

Possibly then allow Ronaldo and Rooney to drift wide or come inside and given a bit of a free role?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

taz needs to step up and make a compilation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuck doing 12 hour days over 5 days a week at work at the minute.

Have been wanting to do one for a while so hopefully i will get round to it this weekend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good lad icon_cool.gif, how's the new job going? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going well thanks. The hours are taking their tole at the minute so it feels like work and then bed with no time for anything else at the minute.

Its based on 4 on and 4 off but with me being new its 5 on and 2 off for the first month. that would be fine except they are having me work 12 hour days over the 5 as i would with the 4.

Shouldnt complain though as its £20k basic and the extra day a week is being paid to me on top of the basic so i get £140 for that extra day.

The big boss even bought me dinner the other day and said how well he thought i was doing at the job.

Enjoying things so far and the people are really friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived