The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yes, very very much so.

could also look at scuppering alves' move to the scousers for around £10m, hes a tidy player. has sh*t hair tho, i dont like sh*t hair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In their thread they all seem to be talking about him filling the right wing slot, but i thought he was a full back (albeit an attacking one)?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becks was absolutly fb the season after his sending off. The hatred for us got bigger, which meant we revelled in it more. The players loved being utterly hated by most of the country. Beckham loved the United fans more after that becaue we showed more love towards the man that others hated.

Ronaldo will be the same. He'll find more love with United and their fans because everybody else will hate him. A swap to Madrid may be on the cards next year if he just can't handle the utter hate - but well, should make him a better player, and have more respect for the shirt he wears.

Bottom line...MUFC know how to treat a player, and their fans know how to treat a legend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

Acou, you wouldnt take 25-30m for him if Real came in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's that got to do with whether we hate him or not, I'd take that for most players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im just wondering, in general. Some United fans Ive chatted to wouldnt as they see him as the next pele. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I see him as having potential, but not that much, plus I think that he would be better suited in Spain. He's not consistent enough at the moment but I'd sooner give him another year to see let him show that he can be good on a regular basis.

Thing is IF he wants to leave, he has to go really. I'd sooner keep him but not if his attitude isn't right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Not sure there's any point in talking about the Ronaldo situation until it's settled down a little.

One point is interesting. So many of our players comment on Fergie being in contact with them. Heinze and Saha have both made comments about that during the tournament. I Rooney did too this week. So, if we do take Ronnie's comments at face value, why has United left him to twist in the wind? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Ronaldo's English is awful and Fergie's Portugese is non-existant, perhaps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's where Queiroz (for pretty much the only time) becomes useful though, surely?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

just been listening to Let It Be on vinyl and I just noticed that John Lennon mentions Matt Busby in one of the songs icon_cool.gif

It's just before the song Let It Be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big Ron gets a mention on Imagine - song called F.O.A.D. Mr Bojangles icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shonte:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shonte:

Have you guys seen this quote from AF today?

"If I was to start the season with the players I have now, all fully fit, I would not be disappointed." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you expect him to say?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> When asked about his failure to sign a single player so far this summer, Sir Alex Ferguson today responded with a very negative assessment of his current squad. "Obviously, the players we have at the club at the moment aren't up to the job." he replied. He continued "Quite frankly, if we don't get anyone in before the deadline, we'll be lucky to make the UEFA cup this year" </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't gaf what he says, just thought I would provide the quote.

He also said he was very pleased with RVN's attitude in training this week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah right, sorry. I thought you were going to lead the charge of the "the whiskey addled senile old jock ****'s finally lost it this time" comments icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'd take him at United as well, depending on how much

*ducks* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*swipes*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

btw what can I do in the City Centre for two hours after the game Sunday, apart from sitting in Yates' at Piccadilly, drinking myself senseless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depending on whether I'll be moving house or not on Sunday, I'll have a pint or two with you in the city afterwards. Sure we can convince some of the other reprobates to tag along as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Would that mean a week 'til your next post then? Because i think this is the sort of thing you should do properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, because then there'd be lots of posts with me whinging that i can only have ten and it's not possible for me to be able to do the list. Lots of kicking screaming and sulking.

I know you don't want that Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh also best game at OT - a tie between us vs Scousers in FA cup in 99 with the two late, late goals from Yorke & Ole icon_cool.gif. the second one would be us vs Arsenal when we beat them 6-1 , so utterly awesome.

Worse game - hmmm its a toughie but probably either Lille last year or vs Bolton in 2001 when Brown fecked it up and gifted a goal to Michael Ricketts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I still can't believe I turned down a ticket to this game icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's on general sale, you could still get one.

Or you could have my spare for £30 if you like before I flog it at work tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ah Sam1968 strikes again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Fergie's a God"... " you Fergie knockers are idiots" etc etc

"top of the league" "Doing well in Europe"

err...

Name me ONE good team we have beaten this season?

By May things will be way less rosy. The fixtures have been VERY kind, some of us pointed this out in August... I said

"we'll be doing much better by Christmas than we will by May" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I've recalled one or two young players that have been out on loan," he added, "and we may sign somebody else in January. Who knows? We may make a couple of signings. But I do think we have the squad to handle the games coming up."

• 2 weeks later...

well it's either confirmation that SAF doesn't think he's going to make it and it's getting him in the shop window or it's a chance to build-up more experience and get games under is belt. Either way it's better than him sitting on our bench (at best) or getting kicked to bits in the championship.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlacKouT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

we don't have any norwegian united thread-ers, do we? icon_frown.gif

someone please surprise me and reveal a strange ability to speak norwegian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Surprise* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

a) i don't suppose you know OGS' season-by-season record at Clausenengen FK, or someone/somewhere that might?

if not

b) would you be able to translate the above question into norwegian for me to ask on a norwegian forum? (well, not the above question exactly, but you get my drift). specifically looking for his league appearances and league goals between 1990 and 1994 (i know he played 109 games and scored 115 goals in total).

cheers icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yeah we'll get Watford at home IF we beat Reading </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*snatches hand off*

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

For some reason i thought Nick, BBB and co were all around the 21/22 mark. Anyway happy B-Day.

And Nick since i fell asleep before the reserves started last night how did Ngalula do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

best i've seen him play in a long time. him and Eagles completely ran the midfield, put in a couple of excellent tackles as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richie P:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

To this day i'm still baffled how we lost. That's the only time this season we've taken the lead and not gone on to win iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs, Newcastle were hopeless, and we basically gifted them three points with a crazy keeper mistake and penalty </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't play that well to be honest and the conditions were awful which suited us.

• 4 weeks later...

haha, I'd imagine so. he's also up stupidly early on saturday for the cup final (setting off here at 7) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

7. icon_eek.gif

We're only setting off at 9.30.

Archived